DH 2010 Morewood Makulu - "The Yellow Peril"- updates

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Looks like some low life did you favour. Still a pain to go through.

Very, very nice! Any riding pics?

L14M

Likes Bikes
Whoa nice!
17.1 kgs! thats impressive, I would have thought it would be more.

good to see insurance works :p

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks like some low life did you favour. Still a pain to go through.

Very, very nice! Any riding pics?
No riding pics but got a vid of my first couple of rides on her, booning it up, and a good crash at the end to bed her in

I never said the rider was good but the bike is without doubt way beyond my own abilities...

This bike would be dangerous in the hands of someone that can actually ride well...

[video=youtube;f_XuDOYenjQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_XuDOYenjQ[/video]

Thanks to Braddoh for filming

The pics of the bike taken by Ben were actually taken 2 weeks after that crash and 3 days in Thredbo

Last edited:

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
Hehehe, I love that track. How'd you pull up after that stack, it looked a bit painful?

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hehehe, I love that track. How'd you pull up after that stack, it looked a bit painful?
not too bad believe it or not, just a bit of skin off the elbows ((crappy 661 evo pads slid up) and rib cage. landed in exposed rocks too. I was more worried about the bike but it was fine, not a mark, as it flipped and landed on the seat!! someone mentioned that maybe I should of set my suspension up properly but I got no idea about that stuff, was just way too keen to get out and ride the bike. it's set up today very differently from then, thanks to Nicho

we kept on riding for the rest of the day...it was really hot but having too much fun!!

and thats all that the vid is about, just me really enjoying the bike after goin 2 mths without her

such a fantastic bike...

I got some better vids of real shredders ripping up the track which i will post at a later stage...

nitrous to burn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You didn't look slow to me at all. Looked faster than when you were on your old bike.
Bike looks alot like Cam's now with the yellow and Fox 40's, especially when you ride it.
Tom.

bighitben

Likes Dirt
You were looking pretty fast to me, and you were hooning just before you crashed. The crash looked sick, you must be proud of that. Haha.

Amazing bike too!

Last edited:

Ryan H

Likes Dirt
Thats a really cool bike there Mark. Looks good with the blue kit aswell.

Good video as well and nice stack at the end!

RUDENESS

Likes Dirt
Lovely bike Mark, good to see things worked out for you. Good riding, and even better crash. That's a fine track there, 64 zoo lane, as seen on ABC for kids.

Last edited:

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lovely bike Mark, good to see things worked out for you. Good riding, and even better crash. That's a fine track there, 64 zoo lane, as seen on ABC for kids.
yep, thats the one Rudie :) cant miss it, Georgina the Giraffe, Nelson the Elephant, Tickles and Giggles the Monkeys, and Molly the Hippopotamus did such a good job building it

thanks for the comments fellas, appreciate it!

nitrous to burn
You didn't look slow to me at all. Looked faster than when you were on your old bike.
Bike looks alot like Cam's now with the yellow and Fox 40's, especially when you ride it.
Tom.
dude i was waiting for someone to say that!! dont worry you will be able to tell the difference when the bikes are being ridden, he will be the one actually riding fast , and he's much much bigger than me LOL

Tom how ya healing up? back on the Demo?

Belrose Bicycles
schwalbe big betty dh tyres are in and 100grams per tyre lighter than a minoin you know you want em big guy..
Go away you!! Im broke already!! you just want me to be a guinea pig anyway ;)

Have you weighed them yet? are they the actual weights as advertised?

feltq650
oooft that was a solid crash at the end there.
Only the best for you Fitzy, I am very proud that I walked away from it injury free though. Too good of a crash not to show everyone

spoken to a few people that have mentioned that thing sends you to the left sometimes...

Picked up your Enza 4X frame yet mate?

sirvincent

Likes Bikes
Ah Chucky! Glad to see your back on your new wheels although I gotta say your outfits are not quite matching as you need a blue pair of shoes to go with that slick blue outfit :D.
By the way if anyone is after a similar bike to this but with 08 w/c boxers I have one going real cheap ;)

nitrous to burn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tom how ya healing up? back on the Demo?
Bones still not healed so have to go back for more X-rays in about a month to check it out. Might have to get bone graft which is really dissapointing. Am back on the Demo, although not enjoying the anoying bent derailliuer and fucked cassette. New parts soon, so hopefully start getting out more. Need to tr and find the (Undesclosed Location) Track;) to start and have some fun again. Try to let me know once in a while when your going out for a ride and i will try to come and ctch up with you boys. BTW, you should be smashing me at everything now, my styles shot once again, same as my cornering, line choice and confidence. Need to ride more so it gets better.
Catch up soon mate.
Tom.

sirvincent

Likes Bikes
Hey Chuckie, There is a mob in Newtown who do anodising who could most likely do your fork lowers for a fully sick custom look. I chatted to them about a few things but decided I couldn't be arsed. They will send you out a colour sample so you know it will be the right colour. Just a suggestion as we know how much you loooove your fully sick bling.

POOTANG

Squid
Ah Chucky! Glad to see your back on your new wheels although I gotta say your outfits are not quite matching as you need a blue pair of shoes to go with that slick blue outfit :D.
By the way if anyone is after a similar bike to this but with 08 w/c boxers I have one going real cheap ;)

hey im interested if your for real....definitely a very hot bike....