2010 Sunshine Series

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will the Beerburrum track be the same as the 6 hour.... besides the uphill obviously or is another track?

Brodie10

Likes Bikes
the track has changed a little bit since the 6 hour....instead of the annyoing fire road section it now runs alongside it through the bush with a few kickers and a rock garden...way more fun and flowy...

unless its changed since then im pretty sure the rest is the same

bogada

Likes Dirt
And a fun new section up the top with a monster booter, fun smaller gap and some off camber. I estimate 20 - 30% new track since the 6 hour. All the new stuff is more tech than it used to be.

Last edited:

tumble

Likes Dirt
Good to hear Beerburrum has now been confirmed. I was there on Saturday checking out the new sections so here's a track report:
From 10 seconds in, the track deviates from the orignal section & stays closer to the road. There is a new monster 20 foot stepdown about 30 seconds in which I doubt many, if any, will be hitting (prove me wrong please), but the b-line flows well & then it links back up breifly with the original section into a new slightly technical rock drop into berm, back into the orignal flowy turns for another 10 seconds, then veers left into a new fast 10 foot gap (no b-line) to the kicker to rock garden (which everyone's been talking about) to another technical rock hip (with about 3 different lines). It then basically links back up with the original track again around half way. I think it has added about 20 seconds & a bit more technical elements which is great. The kicker to rock garden needs a landing though, there's no way with the speed you have there to land anywhere that isn't going to either wash off all your speed or send you OTB to a rock sandwich. I think some improvement needs to be made here prior to the race but everything else is sweet & the track is super grippy & hard-packed & should hold up well for the day.
Well done to the builders.

madmanmark82

Likes Dirt
sounds good. Hopfully theres a big reward (timewise) for the people hitting the big step down. (not saying i will since i havnt seen it). Whats the go with the gap jump without a bline, i dont see how this is a good idea for a race, considering theres all skill levels riding.

Mobywan

Likes Dirt
sounds good. Hopfully theres a big reward (timewise) for the people hitting the big step down. (not saying i will since i havnt seen it). Whats the go with the gap jump without a bline, i dont see how this is a good idea for a race, considering theres all skill levels riding.
The gap jump, if it's the one I think it is (we were there yesterday morning checking it out) can be rolled. It's built up with a few logs on the other side. I was more worried about topping myself on the low lying tree across the jump.

stoney2

Likes Dirt
yeh the gap jump before the kicker to rock garden can be rolled although it is not that bad my 12 year old hits it and the kicker after it tracks is great with new lines

Welshy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does anyone have any photos of said 'mega booter'? Would be interesting to see, sounds kinda scary, and I don't wanna wait!

bogada

Likes Dirt
Mega booter is not that massive. Nowhere near as big as bottom of Kenilworth. Plenty will hit it. As for the gap before rockgarden - it's about 2ft high and gap is about 3-4m - no biggie.

jon55sey

Likes Dirt
Sick. Good to see Beerburrum is confirmed.

Can anyone reccomend a camp ground close by, or can anyone spare some floor space for a few Northerners?

haydo

Likes Dirt
Jonesy,
Try Coochin Creek Campground - about 10km away. You can book it through Forestry Parks QLD or they will be able to put you onto the right government department.

tumble

Likes Dirt
The gap jump, if it's the one I think it is (we were there yesterday morning checking it out) can be rolled. It's built up with a few logs on the other side.
yeh the gap jump before the kicker to rock garden can be
That's right, it can be rolled over as it's not very high but if you roll it, it sucks all speed needed for the following huck which also sucks speed due to their being no transition.
Mega booter is not that massive. Nowhere near as big as bottom of Kenilworth. Plenty will hit it.
IMO it is just as big as Kenilworth. I gave it a very good suss out & it's at least 20 foot & not as straight forward as Kenilworth because the run in is short & tricky to get the speed required. Also the landing area is smaller & you need to turn after you land to stay on track.
I'll be surprised (but also stoked) if more than a few people hit it.

Welshy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
IMO it is just as big as Kenilworth. I gave it a very good suss out & it's at least 20 foot & not as straight forward as Kenilworth because the run in is short & tricky to get the speed required. Also the landing area is smaller & you need to turn after you land to stay on track.
I'll be surprised (but also stoked) if more than a few people hit it.
I can't work out if you're being a dick or not, but if you are, carry on.

Everyone was shitting themselves last year (or the year before?) about the 60 footer at Kenilworth.

toodles

Wheel size expert
I can't work out if you're being a dick or not, but if you are, carry on.

Everyone was shitting themselves last year (or the year before?) about the 60 footer at Kenilworth.
There's no 60 footer at Kennilworth? Not anytime I've ever raced there.

The new jump at Beerburrum is tricky as others have said due to the short tight entry and a fairly small and shallow landing. I think its doable, and probably won't kill anyone who gets it wrong, but its gonna be harsh either way.

The new jump into rocks around the halfway mark is awkward and reduces flow at an already slow point in the track. Personally, I'd prefer that kicker to be gone as it really is awkward and not much fun. Would give a better approach to the rock pile jumps as well.

Welshy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There's no 60 footer at Kennilworth? Not anytime I've ever raced there.
Haha, Frenchy had all the young riders in tears telling the story of how he destroyed his Orange coming up short on the 60 footer...

It was all an elaborate piss take, and no, you are quite right, there is no 60 footer!