2010 Under 17 Discussion

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was in 15's this year, and did not get to race one round due to injuries in practice... :p
I am forced to move up to 17's next year and would not feel confident one bit about having to qualify. I think for "not so quick" riders like myself it would be evidently confidence building knowing I would be racing people of my caliber in a split devision (A's and B's) and not being flogged to the shite.
Got to disagree here. I raced U/17's this year only got to race at Thredbo (where I had a mechanical) due to injury but I think having the top half of the field qualify would be a great idea or even the top 10-15. Even maybe the top 10-15 times out of the U/15's/U17's get to have another run.

I think it would prepare them for the more senior devisions and would just be a lot more fun in general. For me I wouldn't feel ripped off at all if I didn't qualify, (as at the moment we only do one run anyway) it would just mean that I needed to train harder, ride more for the next race and give me another goal to qualify. It would add another dimension to the racing.

Also will there be any exceptions to the order we will go in for next year. As previously stated I only got to race one race this season where I had a mechanical (and hence not a great time).

Thanks,

Nick

RiLiZe

Likes Dirt
I was in 15's this year, and did not get to race one round due to injuries in practice... :p
I am forced to move up to 17's next year and would not feel confident one bit about having to qualify. I think for "not so quick" riders like myself it would be evidently confidence building knowing I would be racing people of my caliber in a split devision (A's and B's) and not being flogged to the shite.

If there were to qualies for 17's, I know I would most likely not qualify, and not being given 2 runs like the other gun riders in my division. This would kind of make me feel ripped off from the other guys who get to have another run for fun.

I think the 17 A's and B's is a far better option as if you were to look at the results you would see a clear cut between the faster and slower riders.
I think a system that they use in junior soccer may work, were if you enter in 17 A's, but a 17 B rider is quicker, the A rider moves down and is replaced by a B grade rider?
Of course there are faults in this system like sandbagging and all but I think faults like can be sorted out by the clever board of you NSWMTB folk.
This may not work but if it does it would be fair and generally more enjoyable for us juniors.

Cheers,
Ty. ;)
+1 i think there should be divisions in the u17 due to so many numbers and so many fast riders that have either moved up into u17s or race u17s because there are u17 that can beat Elites and if there where groups it would be good knowing that you are versing people of you own times.

Wayno

I've got Gravity on my side
Leave it as it is, if you think you can take the U/19's step up just remember there is money up for grabs and remember if you quailfy you get one more one. "don't change it".

JarradC84

Likes Bikes
I agree to the JNR elite class but dont think it should replace any classes but be added as a new class.

Leave U17s the same and make U19s a single timed run event with no prize money.

But with the new JNR elite class where any rider U19 can enter, having a qual and race run and give the prize money to this class that the old U19s class got. This way the class is not branded as an age group but a class that the top JNRs can ride.

SLEDGER

Likes Dirt
My thoughts are a catagory of elite juniors that require to qualify for a seeding spot this will bring out the competitive kids regardless of being in the 17s or 19s.

Keep the standard under 17s & 19s catagories for riders that want to ride for fun & be with their mates for a great weekend away.

Thanks Wayne G

kemmis

Likes Dirt
I race u19's and I say leave it how it is. If you don't qualify it's not the fault of other riders that should be in other divisions, if they are fast enough to ride up a class then thats cool, they have worked for it and i see it as a motivation to train harder.

Painey

Likes Dirt
I race u19's and I say leave it how it is. If you don't qualify it's not the fault of other riders that should be in other divisions, if they are fast enough to ride up a class then thats cool, they have worked for it and i see it as a motivation to train harder.
too right.

Faith3_Nobbi-man

Likes Dirt
The elite jnrs sounds good, or split U17's into A and B...,
if your bringing in elite jnrs, then unless there riding in the elite jnrs, make riding in the age group compulsary.
if there good enough to ride up a class, put them into elite jnrs.