4X 2011 ABD Flow

k_d

Likes Dirt
After about 3months of waiting, finally got the frame the other day. Its the 1st Production one (to my knowledge) in Aus.

Cant find my camera cable at the moment, so only some shitty phone pics.

Spec
FRAME: 2011 ABD Flow 1 Long
FORK: Rockshox Reba Race dual air
HEADSET: FSA Sealed Bearing
STEM: Specialized aggro, 35mm length
HANDLEBARS: Nukeproof Warheads, cut to 730mm
GRIPS: Specialized XC lock-on
FRONT BRAKE: Shimano XT 160mm
REAR BRAKE: Shimano XT 160mm
REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM X-9
SHIFTER: SRAM X-9
CASSETTE: Shimano Dura-ace
CHAIN: Shimano Ultegra
CRANKSET: Shimano SLX 175mm
CHAINRING: Renthal 36t
CHAINGUIDE: E13 LG1+
RIMS: Sunringle Equalizer 27 (f), 31(r)
FRONT HUB: Hope Pro 2
REAR HUB: Hope Pro 2 10mm bolt-up
FRONT TIRE: Maxxis Crossmark LUST
REAR TIRE: Maxxis Crossmark
SADDLE: ABD Pivotal
SEATPOST: ABD Pivotal

Weight 11.3kgs (but theres at least 1/2 a kg of excess brake hose haha)

Im going to play around with some different tyre combinations, crossmark on the front is pretty poor.

Any suggestions? I was thinking a larsen, rendez, slant 6 or SB8?

Last edited:

floody

Wheel size expert
That looks great! I'm waiting for my workmate's one to come in to decide whether I build it or a Voltage YZ.

Tom, the ABD pivotal posts come in 25.4/27.2/30.6/30.9 (but only in the black ano finish). Dartmoor also do a range of sizes in their pivotal posts if you want flash colours.

k_d

Likes Dirt
That looks great! I'm waiting for my workmate's one to come in to decide whether I build it or a Voltage YZ.

Tom, the ABD pivotal posts come in 25.4/27.2/30.6/30.9/31.6 (but only in the black ano finish). Dartmoor also do a range of sizes in their pivotal posts if you want flash colours.
Yeah, i was in the same position but Im running gears, and neither of the voltages can run gears (The TMOs are out of the question as they arent actually getting them due to production problems :()

yakuza857

Likes Bikes and Dirt
looks sick mate!
as for tires single ply folding (F) minoin 2.35 and (R) larrsen 2.0 are the best imo
and dartmoor only do there posts in 25.4 and 27.2

floody

Wheel size expert
Yeah it is firming up for the Flow...but there are still a limited amount of '10 model YZ0.1s and they can run gears with the mech hanger IDS mounted, plus a couple of '09 YZ0.5s. Both are same frame as current Timo YZ0 basically. And I'll have the stock length 12X135 IDS from my Voltage FR spare when I go to the -10 ones.

k_d

Likes Dirt
I was going to do the same thing, but decided to go the abd because I couldn't get the Voltage HT that matches my FR and didnt like the look of the others haha.

Last edited:

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
looks sick mate!
as for tires single ply folding (F) minoin 2.35 and (R) larrsen 2.0 are the best imo
and dartmoor only do there posts in 25.4 and 27.2
negative, not for 2011. ;) we've got an larger range of sizes due to be available.

Spotty

Likes Dirt
Took a stock one for a test ride today and I have to say, the frame does feel very nice. I quite liked it, but yours is sick mate! ;)