2011+ Demo 8 Shock

ando120

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,

I have a 2012 demo 8 frame build up and it came with a Cane Creek. I bought the frame when i had a broken finger and only used the shock a minimal amount of times but i just don't like it. A lot of people argue the cane creek is so much more better than the vivid but I'm sorry, its personal preference. So my question is, How do you mount a 2012 Vivid Air? I've read a lot of forums but none have a simple step by step installation process and even with that i might need pictures.

Please help? Thankyou.

P.s. The shock is for sale, look in the For Sale forum section

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i remember seeing someone have to slowly grind one of the knobs down just to make sure it fitted.
i will try find the thread for you

morticus

Likes Dirt
The 2013 Vivid air was modified so that it could be run on a demo without cutting and or grinding anything. The air can needs to be pulled apart and turned around so that it doesn't foul. I hear its about a 20 minute job if you know what you are doing, or ask Rock Shox to do it before you buy it.

morticus

Likes Dirt
Ah im not exactly sure. I do know that when you buy a shock they will sell you a specific "tune". I figure that you could ask for the medium tune (what it seems most people run on the demo) and ask for it to be adjusted for a demo frame. Either that or have one of the suspension companies modify it for you before you install it. Let me know how you get on though, cause id love to get rid of the Van RC and run a vivid air myself... There is a thread over at pinkbike.com called 2012 demo 8. Through the last few pages someone has explained how to pull it apart yourself. Knowing my luck, id screw it up so id sooner have a workshop do it. I think there is a specific mount for the demo as well, id ask your local Specialized about it dude.

dontfeelcold

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,

I have a 2012 demo 8 frame build up and it came with a Cane Creek. I bought the frame when i had a broken finger and only used the shock a minimal amount of times but i just don't like it. A lot of people argue the cane creek is so much more better than the vivid but I'm sorry, its personal preference. So my question is, How do you mount a 2012 Vivid Air? I've read a lot of forums but none have a simple step by step installation process and even with that i might need pictures.

Please help? Thankyou.

P.s. The shock is for sale, look in the For Sale forum section
What don't you like about the CCDB?

ando120

Likes Dirt
What don't you like about the CCDB?
I hate the adjustibility and how i don't really understand it. Where as when i had the vivid, it was easy, simple and all it wanted to to was get out on the trail unlike the cane creek.. setup after setup and i still wasn't happy.

morticus

Likes Dirt
Im guessing that you have tried all the recommended setups? Haha i have a 2013 Van RC you can put in it for ease of adjustability, just give me the CCDB...