2011 Mawson Marathon

fezi

Likes Dirt
A few points:
If Bike SA want more entries they should hold the event during school holidays. Most other professions have flexibility in leave dates - those in the education systems (not just teachers) do not. There are so many events me and my mates would love to do but can't because of the timing.

I have ridden the Mawson Trail, it's awesome country and would love to do the MM, if only.......

Can we do it on a Monday too? I get every 2nd Monday off and it would suit me best. Also my cleaner comes Tuesday's so that would suit her best if I'm out of the house so maybe Tuesday is best? Also I like to watch motogp so make sure its not on one of those weekend also. Plus I'd prefer not to miss a Carlton game so check that shit too. My car rego is due in February so please don't make it that month as I'm likely be a bit short of the folding fun. And don't forget to cater for the teachers cause they've got a tough life with only 12 weeks off in the year and all that...

Edit: Forgot the IT standard of italics for taking the piss.

Edit no.2 My partner was a fully fledged paid up ready to race Teacher and he didn't piss and moan once about taking the time off.

Edit no.2 My partner was a fully fledged paid up ready to race Teacher and he didn't piss and moan once about taking the time off.

Good to hear about another member of our eduction system who doesn't care about the continuity of the education of our chlidren I guess some people don't take the responsibilty of the job as seriously as others.:)

Dan Man

Squid
My team mate was talking to a bloke at the Blinman Pub. He was fully booked out on the Friday night before the Mawson, when the event was cancelled so were all his bookings. But now he is booked out again?

Is there going to be a few numbers having a crack at the Mawson or is this just coincidence? I would imagine the original bookings were for the organising team?

Weather is looking a bit ordinary. Its does not look like it is going to rain thankfully but 20km/h cross wind/Head wind is not sounding too much fun. Predictions are getting worse as far as the wind goes as the week progresses.

Fezi - You will not want to watch the Carlton Game this week! My mates Cyril and Buddy are going to dance on Juddy's head my friend!!:clap2:

frensham

Likes Dirt
He must be the boss then! And he clearly doesn't care about his students and especially all those lessons that will need to be covered by his colleagues. Nice bloke.

Edit No.1 Shit, I too forgot the italics......

Last edited:

fezi

Likes Dirt
He must be the boss then! And he clearly doesn't care about his students and especially all those lessons that will need to be covered by his colleagues. Nice bloke.

Edit No.1 Shit, I too forgot the italics......

Cause teaching is all about the kids and not the perks?