Diamond Black Boxxer r2c2 2010,
CaneCreek Double Barrel with 200lb Obtanium Ti
K-nine Thrust bearings in both sets of forks and shock
Drivetrain
Truvative Descendants 165mmX83mm
Truvative 38T chainring
FireEye PJ-Acr
Shimano Yumeya 9speed chain
Sram X0 rear derailleur - with Blonde Bikes Full carbon up grade (ceramic bearing carbon jocky wheels and carbon rear cage)
Blonde Bikes Custom ratio full Titanium Cassette on alloy spider in 6speed (80g(pulled down 9speed))
Csixx 150gm Chain Guide (full carbon and carbon kevlar)
Hope Tech V2 with 203mm Floating Vented front, 183mm Floating Rear - Ti Bolts
Cockpit
Loaded Precision AMX - 790mm
Odi Ruffian lockon
Chunked KING crown - Ti (both Fox40 and Boxxer)
Cross carbon/Ti post
Cross carbon clamp - Ti bolt
San Marco Aspade carbon FX
Wheels
Hope proII on Mavic EX823 laced with DTswiss competition spokes (double butted)
Intense DH 2.5 front, Intense WC DH 2.5 Rear both dual compound
Basic Geometry
Head Angle - 64deg (static with Boxxers)
Bottom bracket height - +22
Linkage Ratio - 2.3-1 (very low very sensitive)
Frame size Medium.
Total Weight 17.3kg with some room to suck weight out (Fox40 Ti), 17kg (Boxxer)

CLICK HERE FOR Blonde Bikes

Last edited:

simplesimon76

Likes Dirt
That is one very sexy looking Morewood! How's it perform and when are we all gonna be able to get our hands on the slick gold stanchion coating? ;)

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
no website yet, site is slowly being made, its been done a couple times, but not a nice as was hoped so it was redone.

info on the cassette - its all Titanium teeth, top 4 sets are on 2 seperate alloy spiders (carriers) total weight is 135g my cassette is 80g rounded up. can come in Ti-nitride hard coat gold or silver
info on the carbon - cage offers little weight margin over the oem alloy counter part, lighter by 4g, though it completes the carbon look and offers a stiffer cage with much less flex (left/right) than the alloy.
jocky wheels are where the weight is saved, being of a skeleton CNC design, all unnecessary material is removed, and with ceramic sealed bearings they spin very well and weigh considerably less than steel. weight is just over half the oem sram wheels.
Stanchion coating (this particular color will not be going into production) though there are currently 3 other revisions in testing and results are looking promising. the coatings are very shiny and offer tonnes of bling to the ride while offering much more fluid feel to the stroke of the forks, coating has beein infused with Teflon, and thanks to Tekin suspension some premium quality fluids and background knowledge on the fox range has helped the process get to the 3rd revision. (due for production soon but not just yet)

also for a plug - anyone that has not heard of chunked (the crown and steer tube cap) these are some of the most beautifully machined components i have used, with a geometry that complements a wide variety of riding styles from the WC wanna be to the weekend warrior, there are a couple new things to come from chunked in the coming months, so keep an eye on the website
CHUNKED COMPONENTS

Last edited:

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No pics with custom painted tyres?? :(
Does look good though. bars set to match stem is a nice touch.
looking forward watching this pedal off into the distance sometime soon

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No pics with custom painted tyres?? :(
Does look good though. bars set to match stem is a nice touch.
looking forward watching this pedal off into the distance sometime soon
in all honesty i didnt even notice that till you mentioned it. and i love it.

and sadly no painted tyres. need the focus on other parts these days. not the spinning bling

PirateKing

Likes Dirt
Will the stanchions only be for Fox gear, or are us Rockshox people likely to get some love too?

If your website is just a home job and you want an experienced hand, pm me.

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will the stanchions only be for Fox gear, or are us Rockshox people likely to get some love too?

If your website is just a home job and you want an experienced hand, pm me.
First was through a friend, and didnt cut the mustard, so will see how the next fella goes. If fail I'll pm you.

Everyone will be getting love, I've got a set of Black WC stanchions in the shed as we speak, with black chrome in the bath now

clifton.j

Likes Dirt
What do you think the approximate price for a set of stanction tubes? Will you be doing 32mm boxxers? Do you buy brand new tubes off you or do people send them to you for the coating
Regards
Josh

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What do you think the approximate price for a set of stanction tubes? Will you be doing 32mm boxxers? Do you buy brand new tubes off you or do people send them to you for the coating
Regards
Josh
hi josh, thanks for the interest, the current models that are getting the final ticks of approval will be around the 230-270 mark (Platinum, Diamond Black (stanchions) Podium, Platinum and Diamond Black (shock shafts) will be a touch higher as they use a different process and i have to send away for that process at this point in time, untill i can organise the machines. this includes a full service using genuine fluids, seals and foam rings where applicable. this is for coating your existing stanchions, for now we can not get a competitive price on replacement stanchions, and with the fact that Boxxer have had 5 different internal diameters since the 2010 was released its next to imposable to match model revisions, we are still a little way off, and will have some more pics soon, will keep everyone posted. 32mm are on special order, but use all the same processes for all brands.

cheers jay

Last edited:

clifton.j

Likes Dirt
hi josh, thanks for the interest, the current models that are getting the final ticks of approval will be around the 230-270 mark (black, black chrome, silver which have teflon infused) the gold and DLC will be a touch higher as they use a different process and i have to send away for that process at this point in time, untill i can organise the machines. this includes a full service using genuine fluids, seals and foam rings where applicable. this is for coating your existing stanchions, for now we can not get a competitive price on replacement stanchions, and with the fact that Boxxer have had 5 different internal diameters since the 2010 was released its next to imposable to match model revisions, we are still a little way off, and will have some more pics soon, will keep everyone posted. 32mm are on special order, but use all the same processes for all brands.

cheers jay
I will be extremly interested when this goes into production, would start some interesting conversations at the local trails aswell
Cheers

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes, the gold has started lots of discussions in QLD and Vic. Internals shortly when we get the new chemicals in.

beno

Cycle Solutions
can it only be done to double clamp forks or will you be able to apply the coatings to single crowns as well??

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
can it only be done to double clamp forks or will you be able to apply the coatings to single crowns as well??
we are looking into it, as to do a quality job they will need to be repressed into the crown, and that is no easy task. there are other ways of doing it, though we are yet to give it a shot, when we get the coatings 100% perfect ill start toying with ideas and a process for single crowns, (maybe we will fix the commonly mentioned apparent issue with totems of stiction) that would be a massive step for them. who knows but for now its very easy to pull down dual crown forks service and coat, servicing for all forks will be on offer, not just get your service when you coat your stanchions. other things will be getting coated, NS Dynamics has been an absolute gem sending me some shock shafts to coat for them, and Tekin suspension has been invaluable with the nitty gritty of numbers and will be a big help in the future.

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
a few changes have been made to the bike over the past few months.

namely the forks with the Platinum 40s and the Diamond Black Boxxers.
To keep up to date with the Blonde Bikes range and prototypes, check out our facebook page CLICK HERE FOR Blonde Bikes

and a big thankyou to Pushie Enterprises for the Csixx guide, loaded bars, and K9 thrust bearings for the Shock and both sets of Forks.

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
thats one nice looking ride! :) is that a dcr timer on the handlebar? i just bought one and not really sure how to mount it..