2011 QLD MTB State Championships CANCELLED

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I would love to see the discussion turn to how the folk in QLD can make this event happen. Surely some of the brilliant QLD community spirit and team work shown in the recent floods is still about!

If volunteers are the key issue, there is still over 6 weeks to sort it out. I help out with organising races at Stromlo and while there is a significant amount of effort that goes in, usually by the committee, weeks before the event, volunteers for the weekend are usually not finalised until one week out.
Phil mate, I hate to see the loss you and your family incurred from the cancellation, for lack of a better phrase It Sucks!
But I agree completely with your quote above. Would anyone be willing to take it on? What's it gunna take, cos I'll put my hand up right now to volunteer!

friz

Likes Dirt
D_Nine,

Where is the incentive to help, or even a thank you, its not much but supply the water, or a sausage sizzle, just something small to say "Hey thanks for helping"

Its the "sunshine series" not a club day(not that they have had any recently) Why not ask for people help on RB, FB, other clubs or anywhere.
This was posted on Facebook after the Build days you are ill informed about.
Well Sunday was a good turnout and alot was achieved, but there is still more to do.
So this Sunday we will be at it again, digging, cutting and sweeting our way to bring Illinbah back to life once more. I would like to send a very big thanks to all that came Craig, William, Brent, Dave, Peter, Chris, Isaac, Anthony, Joes,Tim, Mark, and the 4X boys tom and Roshin and last but not least Paul.
And again QLD State Championships is not part of the Sunshine Series, its STATE not local.

stringbean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well Sunday was a good turnout and alot was achieved, but there is still more to do.
So this Sunday we will be at it again, digging, cutting and sweeting our way to bring Illinbah back to life once more. I would like to send a very big thanks to all that came Craig, William, Brent, Dave, Peter, Chris, Isaac, Anthony, Joes,Tim, Mark, and the 4X boys tom and Roshin and last but not least Paul.
And again QLD State Championships is not part of the Sunshine Series, its STATE not local.
wow, 1 post about 1 build day a month ago, impressive mr fritz.......

the gcmtb facefook page has a total of ZERO posts about needing voulenteers, yet there is one about it being our fault we didnt put our hands up, sory fraser but im confused. why not use social media to you advantage, there are a lot of people on there and its easy to spread the word, and then, AFTER you have continualy got the word out that you need voulenteers, use facebag to have a bit of a rant. Its hardly our fault that there a not enough voulenteers if there was little to no word from you or you commitee telling us. now stop blaming us!

friz

Likes Dirt
wow, 1 post about 1 build day a month ago, impressive mr fritz.......

the gcmtb facefook page has a total of ZERO posts about needing voulenteers, yet there is one about it being our fault we didnt put our hands up, sory fraser but im confused. why not use social media to you advantage, there are a lot of people on there and its easy to spread the word, and then, AFTER you have continualy got the word out that you need voulenteers, use facebag to have a bit of a rant. Its hardly our fault that there a not enough voulenteers if there was little to no word from you or you commitee telling us. now stop blaming us!
I would like to thank everyone for all the insults.

Yes we the committee should have used Rotorburn, Facebook, but the committee decided other wise.

Yes I am the President, the frontman for the club, but not the only one that is responsiable for the information getting out there, I rely upon others like the Secretary, liason officer etc, but everyone seems hell bent on blaming me. So go ahead I can take it.

I know information is king and that is my mistake, if GCMTB club decide to hold a race, fun day or whatever, I will use it to the best results. IF the club ever does.

Now can we all move on and just look forward to T-bah on the weekend.

Last edited:

Registered Nutcase

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So all up 15 people for a turn out, I am surprised at that number. But with your usual skill you totally missed the mark.

I did make a mistake, my appoligies, it is a stand alone event that is usually held at the towards the end of the sunshine series. However the point still stands that you should be asking for help and if the club is to dumb or pig headed not to ask for help from any of the other people well your club should be having a long look at its self and stop putting its hand up for event untill you get the club in order!

friz

Likes Dirt
So all up 15 people for a turn out, I am surprised at that number. But with your usual skill you totally missed the mark.

I did make a mistake, my appoligies, it is a stand alone event that is usually held at the towards the end of the sunshine series. However the point still stands that you should be asking for help and if the club is to dumb or pig headed not to ask for help from any of the other people well your club should be having a long look at its self and stop putting its hand up for event untill you get the club in order!
Mate you don't even know me, just what you've found out by doing some searches on rotorburn.

I have already addmitted that the club should have use Facebook, Rotorburn etc so get over it.

What mark are you talking about (" you totally missed the mark." ? If you are so much of an expert you can come down and run the club, I would welcome it. If not just sit back let someelse do it. If you do want to discuss it further I will be at T-bah on sunday when you can give me all your wisdom on how you are a president of a club and run events.

What do you in a club ? it sounds like heaps as you know everything. including ALL the ins and outs of running events.

Actually I retract everything I've said you're only 23 so what could you possiblly know.

Last edited:

friz

Likes Dirt
And I thought you were starting to come around. Discriminating bastard...
Discriminating, NO, Just my opinion, right or wrong ?, no its just my opinion.

And I guess you are another expert too.

HARD work ! gets things done not attacking someone on the net, but I'm to blame too, I've done my fair share over the last couple of days.

But the facts are you are not President or a committee member of the Gold Coast MTB Club, you have no REAL say, in what decisions the club makes and no one on here has all the facts in hand. Yes it is a big disappointment that the club can not come though with the event, but attacking me WILL NOT CHANGE a thing.

So that is that !

J

JaRedy

Well this is a sad situation :/. Wheres that refresh button when you need it?

Just out of curiosity, how many activley registered GCMTB members are there, Mr Friz?

Last edited by a moderator:

friz

Likes Dirt
You are the classic example of someone who should never ever be the leader of anything as you've shown you do not have the brain, skills or heart to do so. After what was a pretty tumultuous relationship with the previous President of the GCMTB I thought you may have changed things up. It's evident you want all the glory and praise and NONE of the hard work.
Brains, skill or heart.

Before I was a committee member I used to go out to Illinbah and help with track maintenance. When GCMTB got the chance to host 2008 Nationals and the track had to be changed for safety reasons I said I would help. I would wake up at 4am everyday go to work, come home around 5pm. The weekend would come and about 8am be out at Illinbah till about 4ish Saturday and Sunday. Myself and another guy did this for 3-4 months with no expectation of thanks or reward, taking our own food and drinks.

Yes maybe I don't know how to run a club, but I'm giving it ago anyway. You don't know me or what I have done for the club. There are lots of people out there that do know me and what I have done for the club, you are not one of them. So just sit back down on your computer chair and keep the snide little comments coming, because who really cares what you think of me.

J

JaRedy

Brains, skill or heart.

Before I was a committee member I used to go out to Illinbah and help with track maintenance. When GCMTB got the chance to host 2008 Nationals and the track had to be changed for safety reasons I said I would help. I would wake up at 4am everyday go to work, come home around 5pm. The weekend would come and about 8am be out at Illinbah till about 4ish Saturday and Sunday. Myself and another guy did this for 3-4 months with no expectation of thanks or reward, taking our own food and drinks.

Yes maybe I don't know how to run a club, but I'm giving it ago anyway. You don't know me or what I have done for the club. There are lots of people out there that do know me and what I have done for the club, you are not one of them. So just sit back down on your computer chair and keep the snide little comments coming, because who really cares what you think of me.
Im not fully aware whats going on, but it looks to me like GCMTB has had trouble finding voulnteers for track work, as well as fufilling administration roles within the club? And it looks like you've taken on the responsibility of president...

I dont know about you but that immediatley makes me think good on you. Not alot of people would be willing to take on so much responsibility so massive props for getting in there and giving it a go. I cant believe how harsh and personalsome of these rants have been! My god people thats going to lead nowhere. Why not make suggestions and in your opinion on how things could be done better next time, rather than ranting about things have been done badly this time and in the past. On that note its probably more than obvious that people are looking for more vigorous communication.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trickymac

Likes Dirt
Im not fully aware whats going on, but it looks to me like GCMTB has had trouble finding voulnteers for track work, as well as fufilling administration roles within the club? And it looks like you've taken on the responsibility of president...

I dont know about you but that immediatley makes me think good on you. Not alot of people would be willing to take on so much responsibility so massive props for getting in there and giving it a go. I cant believe how harsh and personalsome of these rants have been! My god people thats going to lead nowhere. Why not make suggestions and in your opinion on how things could be done better next time, rather than ranting about things have been done badly this time and in the past. On that note its probably more than obvious that people are looking for more vigorous communication.
in saying that, fritz has demonstrated he is in no fit position to lead or be the president of the gcmtb, there is a certain way as president/leader or whatever he is (a muppet who has fallen ass backwards into a position he is unqualified and clearly incompetent at holding/running/organising) and as such his incompetence deserves every single bit of crap he is and continue to receive
resign now and go and do something you are good at....which is not this

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
in saying that, fritz has demonstrated he is in no fit position to lead or be the president of the gcmtb, there is a certain way as president/leader or whatever he is (a muppet who has fallen ass backwards into a position he is unqualified and clearly incompetent at holding/running/organising) and as such his incompetence deserves every single bit of crap he is and continue to receive
Wow, that was profound...

How do you think that attitude would hold up in a work place?

Do you want get your pitch forks and flame torches too?

It's been established many times that the roll wasn't handled correctly. Can we stop with all this Neanderthal-esque heroic e-fighting?
Because right now you are all starting to look like the insecure macho meat head who's only problem solving skill is to glass someone .

stevenw

Pro Rider
You guys aren't getting the picture here at all... The race isn't going ahead because the GCMTB club can't get the people they need to make this happen. You lot are quite happy to run someone down for giving it a go, and yet not one of you will put up your hand to take on a committee position, or to take on a role of getting the sponsorship ect we need to run this event. How dare you all have a go at someone who didn't want the job as president, as he was quite happy being vice president, but Friz had to take on the role because no one else wanted to do it. Christ, you should be praising him for giving up his free time, to even consider organising the event.

I have given up my time to the GCMTB club for the last 5 years. Its always the same people doing the same jobs. We do it so you guys have somewhere to race. I did it because of my son and because I so badly wanted to get a National round out at Illinbah. I organised all the sponsorship for that National round 3 years ago. I got the prize money of $1400 first place Elite ect ect ect.... I organised trophies and I could go on and on. The point I am trying to make here is: I, like Friz, gave up so much time out of my life, so that you guys could race on a great track. We would beg and plead for people to help us, but it was always the same people. I would go home from a race day, and every bone in my body would ache. I spent my own money to help get things done. I wasted so much fuel ect ect. But I did this all for you the rider and for my son. The same reason Friz, who has stepped up to the mark and taken on the role as president because no one else wanted to do it.

So to all you haters out there. Don't you dare take this cancellation of the race out on Friz. Until you have walked in our shoes, then you would understand why we had to cancel the race. If your not prepared to take on a committee position or to lend a hand to organise these events, then SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! These days clubs are finding it so hard to get the help they need. 20 years ago, you would have people fighting to get positions on a committee. These days you can't pay people enough to get on a committee. I really feel sorry for when you guys have kids, and they want to play a sport, because no one will be around to run a club because you are all so quick to criticize but won't give your club a hand when its badly needed.

End of rant!

Last edited:

Reign Rider

Likes Bikes
Brains, skill or heart.

:clap2:

I applaud anyone who stands up and has a crack!!! If you don't like the job he is doing, stand as a member get yourself nominated and have a go yourself....if you can't be bothered SHUT THE F:censored:K-UP!!!!!!.......
Oh and if your not in the GCMTB keep your snide opinions to yourself or help a brother out don't slag another clubs President off that's not cool!!!!

Friz I don't know you I'm not a member of your club but I think you may have just learnt a hard lesson on getting you message out there.......unfortunaly you need to get into the face, facebook, forums, hardcopy ect of the young people today......And learn may be to delegate some of the tasks, like who is doing the facebook stuff and who is making up flyers ect.

Soldier on brother and I hope you can source more help next time your club wants to run a gig:cool:

binner

Hath shat hymself
buttered popcorn

well, my popcorn bucket has been refilled many times with this wee thread.

You all need to take a calmative and relax.

Friz, I don't know you from a bar of soap but I commend you for taking on a role which saw no other party wanting. Being a president or even on the comittee of a mtb club (esp in QLD) is a fuckin thankless role, there are a lot of whiners who expect everything handed to them on a silver platter and don't want to get their hands dirty. In saying that, it is part of your role to facilitate the planning of the events, finding the venue, organising of sponsorship, prizes etc etc. This should be done months in advance (tentatively, so you at least have an idea of whats planned). Sometimes it's not easy to go out and ask for help because you think you will come across as inadequate/clueless or not sure if it's even worth asking because you know the answers you will get are usually "no" (or think the worst).

A lot of you have to take on board that this kind of work is all done in their own time and voluntary. These people have lives to live and actually give their own time to support the MTB community, so maybe showing a lil respect when responding to answers would be a good thing.

I see this thread turning into what was a car crash, now into a freeway pile up. E fighting,blaming and bagging people just shows how unsupportive and unreasonable people can be, and yes... I know some of you are frustrated and pissed off at the decision but pitchforks and fire will not resolve things. Like Friz said, if you are that concerned or want to air your opinions go speak to him at T/bar and get the full story. Some things/points and facts get lost on the net.

I see this as being a good time that one of you (the angry mob) "step up to the plate" and go for the position as president of the club. Money where your mouth is boys and girls.

Friz, take this a big learning experience and next time you are in this type of position you will have a better understanding of how to deal with what is involved. Trust me mate, I have been there before (not in mtb level) and we all learn and grow from mistakes. Always ask questions........

Tried to keep it short n tight......

Binner

well, my popcorn bucket has been refilled many times with this wee thread.

You all need to take a calmative and relax.

Friz, I don't know you from a bar of soap but I commend you for taking on a role which saw no other party wanting. Being a president or even on the comittee of a mtb club (esp in QLD) is a fuckin thankless role, there are a lot of whiners who expect everything handed to them on a silver platter and don't want to get their hands dirty. In saying that, it is part of your role to facilitate the planning of the events, finding the venue, organising of sponsorship, prizes etc etc. This should be done months in advance (tentatively, so you at least have an idea of whats planned). Sometimes it's not easy to go out and ask for help because you think you will come across as inadequate/clueless or not sure if it's even worth asking because you know the answers you will get are usually "no" (or think the worst).

A lot of you have to take on board that this kind of work is all done in their own time and voluntary. These people have lives to live and actually give their own time to support the MTB community, so maybe showing a lil respect when responding to answers would be a good thing.

I see this thread turning into what was a car crash, now into a freeway pile up. E fighting,blaming and bagging people just shows how unsupportive and unreasonable people can be, and yes... I know some of you are frustrated and pissed off at the decision but pitchforks and fire will not resolve things. Like Friz said, if you are that concerned or want to air your opinions go speak to him at T/bar and get the full story. Some things/points and facts get lost on the net.

I see this as being a good time that one of you (the angry mob) "step up to the plate" and go for the position as president of the club. Money where your mouth is boys and girls.

Friz, take this a big learning experience and next time you are in this type of position you will have a better understanding of how to deal with what is involved. Trust me mate, I have been there before (not in mtb level) and we all learn and grow from mistakes. Always ask questions........

Tried to keep it short n tight......

Binner
Applaude this gentleman!