2011 QLD MTB State Championships CANCELLED

harveyp

Likes Dirt
Here I sit at Val di Sole Italy having been without internet for the past week or so & now I read some of the most derogatory comments I have seen in relation to GCMTB & Committee members! To you Kona Boy - I will be back in Oz on 12 Sep & my phone number is 0418 781062, give me a call to arrange a discussion on my handling of the Presidents role that you have alleged. I suspect you will not because you hide behind Forums such as this to attack the very people who bust their gut to bring MTB to you the riders and there is one word for this - GUTLESS!!

Yep, you have got your wish - I have Resigned as Vice President of our Club because of personal & business reasons but I am sure you will see it as other reasons? I can only take heart from these comments that you and a few others are the minority in this great sport & the majority of riders do Appreciate the efforts of club Committee persons.

Fraser, you dont need to justify your actions to these boofheads - just keep working away for the good of the Club and sport.

rsquared

Likes Dirt
Fraser, you dont need to justify your actions to these boofheads - just keep working away for the good of the Club and sport.
I don't know all the details but maybe what's best for the club and sport may be to take a step back. Not everyone is cut out to be a chief, you need indians as well and from the sounds of it this guy has put a lot more than myself into the SEQ mtb scene over the last few years so hopefully you keep it up in some form Friz.

So its pretty obvious from just this thread that people are obviously keen for this race and are willing to help.

Has there actually been anything cancelled that can't be undone?

Surely GCMTB had at least some stuff organised already. It's still a month out so I thought a lot could be organised in that time. This stuff isn't rocket surgery!

Friz, why don't post up:
1. What has been organised already
2. What you still needed to organise

Maybe then people will be able to help out or another club will be able to pick up what you've done and run with it.

Would be awesome if we were able to at least salvage some sort of race.

harveyp

Likes Dirt
Good to finally see some constructive comments! To put a bit of perspective into this thread it needs to be noted that Illinbah is not an option - that was taken from the Club by the landowner when he conducted non - approved activities on his property which got Senic Rim Regional Council involved and more particularly - upset!! They have placed an embargo upon the landowner which prohibits any recreational activity being conducted until such time the landowner meets a number of Council requirements including the threat of a substantial fine ($186,000) if he does not comply!!

Mt Joyce is being managed by SEQ Water & any of you that have had dealing with Govt Dept's will understand that the obvious & logical does not apply in many circumstances! One of the major issues is shuttle and vehicle access and with WPHS requirements involved, this was always going to be a difficult one to resolve. Maybe i am over optimistic but i believe it will be resolved in due course otherwise there has been a lot of tax payers money spent at this facility which will go to waste & even the Beaurecrats will be wary of this, particularly around election time! Maybe we should all start lobbying our Local Member & get them involved to try to ease these access issues? Just a thought?

friz

Likes Dirt
Okay people, State champs is not canned all up, I spoke with Hayden Lester today at T-bah ( he is the MTBA rep for Qld) and DRCC and BSMC are going to work together to bring State Champs back to you the riders. At this stage it will still be at Mt Joyce on the same dates. I hope this will satisfy everyone.

shhhteve

Likes Dirt
Sounds good....

so the question now is what do we need to do?...

Should we make another thread regarding what we need help with?

haydo

Likes Dirt
Okay people, State champs is not canned all up, I spoke with Hayden Lester today at T-bah ( he is the MTBA rep for Qld) and DRCC and BSMC are going to work together to bring State Champs back to you the riders. At this stage it will still be at Mt Joyce on the same dates. I hope this will satisfy everyone.
The State Champs are not 'SAVED' YET. DRCC Club is currently looking at some of the issues with Mt Joyce and especially relating to the logistical issues the GCMTB have talked about. Please bear with us for a week or so as we need the time to talk with SEQ Water, Scenic Rim Council, MTBA, Cycling QLD and assess what's actually involved in putting this event on.

WE ARE WORKING ON A SOLUTION, BUT WHAT IT WILL BE IS YET TO BE DETERMINED but I will reiterate:

NOTHING IS CONFIRMED AT THE MOMENT.

Matthew McCorkell

Likes Dirt
2011 QLD MTB State Championships

Any news yet folks?

Just waiting to hear so we know if we have to cancel our flights and accommodation.

Cheers