2011 snow thread

Chalkie

Likes Dirt
Looking for a pair of Electric EG2.5 goggles. Anyone know where I can get some online or at a store in Sydney?. Found a few left in the US online stores but none in any of the colours I'm after.

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
Probably the way to go - because once you try snowboard you'll never go back to skiing.
i have always boarded, picked up a set of skis for the first time last season (besides about 8 years ago on a school ski trip which i seem to remember doing half the lesson, giving up and drinking hot choccies all day) easiest shit ever to pick up. way easier than snowboarding to learn the basics and by the end of my first night skiing (it was a shit day/night skiing special for me) was totally comfortable turning, stopping, carving, tucking etc..

plus you look so badass skiier if you wear snowboarding gear to ski.

also saw on the perisher site today that there will be night park this season. SO FUCKING KEEN

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
I'm in need of gloves-mine are old and nasty and nothing like waterproof.

So. Are hestra gloves worth the extra money? They have a premium price, but reviews seem to indicate premium quality and especially lifespan before the glove wears out. Some of the Dakine gloves are barely getting 20 days use before the seams give, and some of the burton stuff is having similair issues. Hestra stuff is about $180 for a pair of gloves, the upper end burton is sitting at $120. Can anybody vouch for the extra price?

Alternatively, what have people used and liked? My hands seem to have no circulation so I'm looking for warmth, and I hate mittens so nothing without real fingers. They will be used for 10days straight in NZ.

J

JaRedy

I got me a ski jacket for $12, stoked!
No fluro either, Just a nice grew base with white and red twimmings.
There were some pants but they would have fitted better on an elephant.

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just picked up my burton custom and cartel bindings, looking forward to giving them a whirl!

New Question:
Has anybody had experience with Mt Selwyn ... both in terms of the resort and the accommodation at adaminaby. This is purely for family fun so the terrain is not important per se ... but the facilities, and snow quality more important ... eg, we don't want to be sloshing around in the mud.

e
Yeah ive been to selwyn when i first learnt to ski and board , and went back last year for a couple of days before i headed over to nz , its probably the most family friendly place there is not too many people and pretty docile slopes as for accomodation i've stayed at providence lodge you should check that out they put out breakfast and dinner for everyone and its a nice relaxed atmosphere .

EzyLee

Likes Dirt
I have some bindings and boots for sale if anyone is keen. Pretty damn cheap too.

Size 11 Burton Hail boots and Technine Montoya bindings. Awesome for beginners who don't want to spend much money on a new set up. PM if keen.

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
I have some bindings and boots for sale if anyone is keen. Pretty damn cheap too.

Size 11 Burton Hail boots and Technine Montoya bindings. Awesome for beginners who don't want to spend much money on a new set up. PM if keen.
PM'd

10characters

EzyLee

Likes Dirt
These are the boots and bindings for all who were interested.

All sold now.

Last edited:

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Set her up today! I'm missing a screw for my bindings as well, freaked out for a bit.

Any guesses as to what sort of snow I'm expecting to be riding? :rolleyes:

Hardrock_rider_23

Likes Dirt
new board today and came with a pair of fluid bindings, stoked as to try them always been intruiged by them :)
soo keen! when/where are you guys heading up?

DH Newb

Squid
God damn this thread is making me so itchy for the snow!!!!!!
I'm not one to wish my life away, but why can't it be August already?????

On a side note: Any boarders on here use Flow bindings?
I use them and absolutely love the shit out them!!!
Pain in the ass to set up right, but once they are set they are always the same tension and no more sitting in the snow to strap in!!

Just be keen to hear what others think of them.

Last edited: