2011 Specialized Enduro Comp headset?

wyldryno

Likes Bikes
I have a 2011 Specialized Enduro Comp and it's in need of a new headset but nowhere can I find exactly what headset I require. The manual specifies nothing more than it's a internal tapered headset campy style. The one that comes on the bike is FSA but that's all I know. Have also heard rumors its a custom FSA headset for the bike but not sure if thats true. My closest specialized dealer (which is over 2hrs away) refuses to help unless I bring the bike in and pay them for the part and to install it. So I was wondering if anyone out there in the know can tell me exactly what headset I require?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I have the same bike and have not needed to do anything to my headset but do know the spec as per the manual says:
1-1/8 and 1.5" Threadless, Campy style upper with 1.5" lower, cartridge bearings
To me, it sounds like your Specialized dealer is a muppet and has no idea what headset is in that bike. Any other stores that may offer better help?

wyldryno

Likes Bikes
I have one local bike shop in the town I live and due to past expirences with then I probably wouldn't trust them to wash my bike let alone do any actual work on it! Might be a case of actually taking my headset with me next time I go somewhere with some bike shops, like melb, and see where that gets me. Kind of annoying though as If I knew exactly what one I needed I could have it ordered and replace it myself within a few days.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Dozer is correct, 1 1/8 x 1.5, it is campy style which means it sits inside your headset tubing( i think), i have the 11 stumpy evo which uses the same headset arrangement, you can get everything from chris king to fsa etc for your bike!