2011 Victorian Enduro Series

red gum

Likes Dirt
The track on sunday are in a1 con spent all arvo doing the buntting tape .There is plenty of spots for passing riders which are safe there is no hidden rocks on course track is sprayed about 1.5m wide this track is smoking.Sorry to here ypu cant make it Tim:clap2:

Az

Likes Dirt
The track on sunday are in a1 con spent all arvo doing the buntting tape .There is plenty of spots for passing riders which are safe there is no hidden rocks on course track is sprayed about 1.5m wide this track is smoking.Sorry to here ypu cant make it Tim:clap2:
We managed to get up there on Sunday for a couple of laps and the guys really have done a great job with this course, plenty of variety, a tough old climb and just enough on the way back down to keep the inner Dh'er in me happy! Tough enough for me but not too scary for the father inlaw in his first race outing on the MTB. (we will be running up the back in pairs Im sure!.)

Nice and wide so everyone can get passed me on the climb!

PKRIPPA

Cannon Fodder
One round too long?

As much as it is a series for all levels,do you think the fact that almost all categories have consolidated their final placings a factor in poor entry numbers?
My Math ain't that great.
Hey Tim! Are you any good with numbers?

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
As much as it is a series for all levels,do you think the fact that almost all categories have consolidated their final placings a factor in poor entry numbers?
Solo women category is very close , 1st and 2nd are separated by only a few points......

dowey42

Likes Dirt
Gippsland MTB thoroughly enjoyed being involved in this year's series. We can't wait for next year. :D

Hopefully the entries are coming in fast now MH and the race is a success for your club. So much effort goes into running these events and it's always good when there's good turn out...makes it more worthwhile.

I'm making a pledge to myself to make more races next year. Made it to Bright only to have front brakes fall apart 15min before the start and ours (rode laps giving water and support to marshals). I think it's important to support the clubs who support the series.

Best of luck this weekend.

P.S. It will be easier to spot the GMTB crew next year as our club kit is now readily available...YAY

Last edited:

serowe

Likes Dirt
My Math ain't that great.
Hey Tim! Are you any good with numbers?
IIRC only 3 of the 9 categories in 2010 were decided prior to the last round - Solo Male (Phil Orr), Male Triples (Team YVC) and Female Pairs (Wheezettes) - and even these three were only decide at the penultimate round.

Also, 2010 saw 156 Solo Men, 65 Solo Masters Men, 26 Solo Women, 136 Male Pairs, 15 Female Pairs, 43 Mixed Pairs, 41 Male Triples, 18 Mixed Triples and 18 Masters Triples - a total of 866 individual riders over 7 rounds.

Wikid Z

Likes Dirt
For accommodation, the college is $38 if I remember correctly if you bring your own sleeping bag. You can hire linen if wanted. College is 1.5km from the track.

To book the accommodation at the college, call 1800 808 839

Wikid Z

Likes Dirt
Yes.

There is a couple of pair teams who are signing up on the Saturday as well that I know of.

Last edited:

riderideride

Likes Dirt
I noticed Daniel (Team Danger) is signed up to both this race and the Mitta Mitta which are on the same day......SUPERMAN!!! :-D

Mad Hatter

Likes Dirt
Solo women is going to go down to the wire .... Ma'am Mullens v Ma'am Antrecht......
Shame you can`t make it cleeshoy.

I think I spotted Ma`am Mullens belting along on the roadie this morning.
Glad they are both turning up. I quite enjoy watching tactics unfold throughout a race.
It`s all there to be won and lost and I`m keen to see if they shadow each other until the last hour or if one has a crack at breaking the other early.

As for my tactics. Just survive and don`t break my wife`s bike.

Cheers.

MH

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Shame you can`t make it cleeshoy.

I think I spotted Ma`am Mullens belting along on the roadie this morning.
Glad they are both turning up. I quite enjoy watching tactics unfold throughout a race.
It`s all there to be won and lost and I`m keen to see if they shadow each other until the last hour or if one has a crack at breaking the other early.
Would love to be there but we'll be busily chasing around a 3 year old niece playing with her new pink barbie van thing with the 1.5 year old niece trying to get in on the action :)
But for sure the tactics between the 2 leading ladies will be a cracker to watch. Fingers crossed there are no mechanicals for either of them!

As for my tactics. Just survive and don`t break my wife`s bike.
Just make sure you aren't holding holding your mad clapper whilst on the downhill sections :)

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Likes Dirt
Just make sure you aren't holding holding your mad clapper whilst on the downhill sections :)
I`m thinking I can replace the clapper with playing cards in the spokes.
"Viva le olde school!"

Hang on, that would just be the same as a Hope 2 hub on freewheel wouldn`t it?

Bundy boy

Likes Dirt
I hope you dont break Liz's bike MH : A, she will kill you and B, l still have 1.4km's of my test ride left :)
I will be at Mt Major Saturday arvo to sign up and go for a spin.