2011 world champs Champéry - Switzerland

smoothwakey

Likes Bikes
troys time would have held up for 2nd granted its a completely different track still cool. danny hart is a badass, whip world champs are his aswell hands down :clap2:

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
That was fucking MAD!

Hart thoroughly deserved that. To echo Nige Page, best riding I've ever seen!

TheBug

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Balls out run from Danny. HOLY CRAP :scared::scared::scared: I've seen it all now.

Excellent Feed, best race of the season by a country mile.

Forget all the rest - it's the Gwin/Brosnan/Hart show now boys.

Last edited:

caddy

Likes Dirt
UNBELIEVABLE!!!! What a freakin weekend!

And freecaster certainly got their shit sorted tonight. Watched it for 170mins with not one dropout, perfect video and audio and entertaining as always. Well worth the $20! Here's hoping they'll be back for 2012!

cluster

Likes Dirt
p5pb7083799.jpg
(timed practice)

...he'd been planning that one for a while i reckon :hail:

EDIT: also best feed i've ever had (with the exception of the juniors, dunno what happened there?)
really hoping FC is back next year!!!

duck_man

Likes Dirt
That was awesome, that has to be some of the best if not best riding I have ever seen. Good work Troy, cant wait to see him play with the big boys.

Go Little Rhys too, 41st I think?

Ruys

Likes Dirt
Mine dropped out at least 30 times. Was pretty annoying but no stuttering or buffering thank god.

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
I didn't want Gwin to win (tall poppy syndrome or something, I don't know sue me), but I didn't want to see him take a fall like that and get caught in the netting for 5 minutes. Really wanted to see him take it to the line. So disappointed for Gee, really has had a shit luck season. Brendog on podium is awesome, good to see him back in form. I didn't think Sam would be on it, and his run shows that he's missing a lot of his Mojo, or is still extremely sore.

As for Danny? I think thats a "Sam Hill" style run that will go down in the ages as one of the best rides of all time. Just spectacular to watch, I couldn't beleive how much speed he held through the last few switchbacks. I was uttering expletives the entire run. Was one hell of an exciting world champs.

cluster

Likes Dirt
As for Danny? I think thats a "Sam Hill" style run that will go down in the ages as one of the best rides of all time. Just spectacular to watch, I couldn't beleive how much speed he held through the last few switchbacks. I was uttering expletives the entire run. Was one hell of an exciting world champs.
Amen - i was quite literally shaking with disbelief/excitement just watching!!!... also nearly pissed myself laughing when he pulled that ridiculous whip out of the bag, best run i've seen to date and probably will stay that way for a few years yet

udi

swiss cheese
11 seconds up, bullshit whip, and 0.9s faster than gwin before he went down.. in champery, in the wet.

If that isn't the most convincing win in the history of the sport, I don't know what is!

WOO HART!

needaride

Likes Dirt
I didn't want Gwin to win (tall poppy syndrome or something, I don't know sue me), but I didn't want to see him take a fall like that and get caught in the netting for 5 minutes. Really wanted to see him take it to the line. So disappointed for Gee, really has had a shit luck season. Brendog on podium is awesome, good to see him back in form. I didn't think Sam would be on it, and his run shows that he's missing a lot of his Mojo, or is still extremely sore.

Agree with you about Gwinny.. Surely Sams just gotta be pretty damn sore and outta practice? Straight out of shoulder surgery to a top 10 isnt too bad!

nskz

Likes Dirt
11 seconds up, bullshit whip, and 0.9s faster than gwin before he went down.. in champery, in the wet.

If that isn't the most convincing win in the history of the sport, I don't know what is!

WOO HART!
No doubt, one for the ages. If Gwin had stayed on his bike I reckon he would have been close. He was a second down split one and lost another second between slipt 2/finish after the crash. I don't think he would have beaten Hart but those two were the class of the field today. Blinky was impressive too, he had two massive stalls that easily cost him ~5 seconds, he was dirty at the finish. This is all hypothetical of course and I don't think either would have beaten Hart....what a run, the dude railed it like a boss! Giant must be stoked!

andrews16

Likes Bikes
i didnt want gwin to win either but it would have been great for it to go down to the line. and what happened to hannah? crash or just bad run.

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Freecaster is definitely NOT back next year, so don't get your hopes up...

Danny put such a good run together and I was glad that yank had the crash, but Hill was fucking amazing.