DJ 2012 ABD Flow 4X 26er

botcolon

have seat, will sniff
Hey all,

I was looking for a dirt jump bike to practice on during lockdown and finally stumbled across a facebook marketplace bike. Its a 2012 ABD flow with a Marzocchi Dirt Jumper 2. Don't know much about the bike as looks like not many were sold, but seems very solid. Feels weird getting back on 26er I must say.

I'll post some better pics later. Be interested in any comments from others on using this bike for dirt jumps. I was thinking be nice to bolt on some horizontal dropouts but unlikely I'd find any considering the low volume sold.

cheers
Michael

P.S still had its front / rear reflectors and a bell on it. Hasn't had a hard life.
P.P.S not my rug. lol

Attachments

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For $300 that's an awesome find, looks fun! Know what you mean re riding a 26er again, riding a 26" jump bike after being used to a 29er feels almost like a bmx haha.

botcolon

have seat, will sniff
For $300 that's an awesome find, looks fun! Know what you mean re riding a 26er again, riding a 26" jump bike after being used to a 29er feels almost like a bmx haha.
Yeah Isaakk. Plus the 29ers have a tall stance. I'm riding a Trek Fuel ex and just so different. Not as weird as going back to BMX.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
awesome rig...I tried many times to track another one down after I gave my Flow2 to my cousin as a nice gesture to help him get his shit together, he sold it and purchased some more ice with it..Winning
these things were as rare as rocking horse teeth, but in the last year I have seen 4 pop up for sale, Wrong place at the wrong time..
I even had a set of Horizontal DO's for it, and recently offloaded them to a fellow burner for the cost of postage!!.
good luck, have fun, ride fast!

Last edited:

botcolon

have seat, will sniff
awesome rig...I tried many times to track another one down after I gave my Flow2 to my cousin as a nice gesture to help him get his shit together, he sold it and purchased some more ice with it..Winning
these things were as rare as rocking horse teeth, but in the last year I have seen 4 pop up for sale, Wrong place at the wrong time..
I even had a set of Horizontal DO's for it, and recently offloaded them to a fellow burner for the cost of postage!!.
good luck, have fun, ride fast!
I'm starting to understand how rare. Did a google search and can't find a single picture with this livery. Only the Avanti catalogue. Be awesome if I could find a set of Horizontal DO's. <if anyone is listening> :)

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Love the stickers. Seems to gel nicely with the bike somehow. Were these OEM or standard stickers?
With that, I had to have a look around. I think it might be an OEM sticker.
Sure beats the basic matt black or grey finish that still seems to be hanging around.

botcolon

have seat, will sniff
With that, I had to have a look around. I think it might be an OEM sticker.
Sure beats the basic matt black or grey finish that still seems to be hanging around.

ah awesome find. So they are not original being 2008. Was trying to id the year so I can check the fork setup. Thanks for that!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Now, if you move that ramp closer to that river and instant lake jump.

You have a bargain and no real need to leave the house.