2012 Anthem 29er - Weight?

Mtb1speed

Likes Dirt
Hey folks, anybody out there got a weight for their X29 0 yet? Or even an X29 1?

I'm considering new bikes and have the weights of the others that I'm keen on, and no I'm not a weight weenie but it is one thing that I do take into consideration when looking at and choosing new bikes.

Whilst I'm asking does anyone know the weight of the wheelset on these - they run the PXC2 which has been spec'd for the last couple of years on most of the GIANT 29ers.

Cheers guys.

armara

Likes Bikes
When I bought my large XO the fellas at the shop weighed it at 11.8kg without pedals. They also weighed a medium X1 at 12.3kg without pedals (they didn’t have a large X1 made up).

It is not hard to drop a bit of weight off buy changing the wheels, bar and dropping the tubes.

Mark

Mtb1speed

Likes Dirt
When I bought my large XO the fellas at the shop weighed it at 11.8kg without pedals. They also weighed a medium X1 at 12.3kg without pedals (they didn’t have a large X1 made up).

It is not hard to drop a bit of weight off buy changing the wheels, bar and dropping the tubes.

Mark
Hey Mark - thanks for the response. Yeah I would be running a large and was hoping with what ever I get to have it in the 10.kg range. As you say, I hear the wheels weigh a fair whack, so by putting my ztr crests on hope pro2's on I'm thinking there goes maybe 300- 400 grams, and maybe 150 grams through tubeless. I also run 1x9 currently and happy to go 1x10 so should easily be able to get the anthem sub 11. Food for thought. Would work out a shite load cheaper than the Epic 29. But the Epic is carbon, mmmmm......carbon.

Mtb1speed

Likes Dirt
Funny, sounds like weight weener talk.
Yeah your probably right, though I guess I'm a selective weight weenie or else I would be riding a carbon hardtail with 28 spoke wheels, ti hubs, laced to some carbon road rim furious Fred tyres and a non padded carbon bmx saddle. Haha that's my other bike :). Seriously the 1x10 isn't about weight, I'm in Canberra and never use Granny and never really need the big ring.