2012 Avid Elixir 7 & Elixir 9 Disc Brakes @ My Mountain Online

Mad4singletrack

My Mountain
2012 Avid Elixir 7 & 9 disc brake range now available @ My Mountain!

Part of Avid's overhaul of their 2012 hydraulic disc brake range, the brand new Elixir 7 & 9 models are now available in store and online @ My Mountain. We have just recently updated our website with complete listings of our disc brake lineup with new specifications, tech info and all-new lower pricing. You will also find a huge variety of spare parts including replacement disc rotors, brake pads and mount adapters from both Avid & Shimano. Whether it's the entry level Avid Elixir 3 disc brake, or the super bling Shimano XTR disc brake, we have quality options to suit all budgets, along with the necessary spare parts and technical knowledge to help keep you out of the workshop and on the trails.

Both the Elixir 7 & 9 are brand new models for 2012, featuring redesigned Master cylinders in the brake levers as well as the new HS1 disc rotors for improved heat dissipation. Avid have gone to great lengths to simplify the internals of the Taperbore reservoir to reduce wear on internal seals, while also making brake bleeds easier and far more effective than previous Elixir brakes. The Elixir 7 replaces the existing 2011 Elixir R disc brake, and has raised the bar significantly in terms of overall braking power, modulation and lever feel. While Shimano have certainly been making up lost ground with the much-hyped IceTech disc brakes, Avid have quietly released the redesigned Elixirs to provide mountain bikers with improved performance at a fantastic pricepoint.

From our website:

"Coming into the 2012 Avid disc brake range, the brand new Elixir 7 brakes take the foundations of the previous Elixir R brake and improve both lever feel and reliability, with a pricetag that sits it smack bang in the middle of the lineup. For those after a simple brake that is packed with power and control, the new Elixir 7 is an excellent choice that gets you oodles of that raw Avid power with improved modulation and control. If you're not attracted to the bells and whistles that come with the XX or X0 brakes, the 2012 Elixir 7 will get you the same performance in a less-adjustable, though simpler package."

If you want to read more, check out the links below;

Avid Elixir 7 Disc Brake: $219.95 RRP
Our Price $189

Avid Elixir 9 Disc Brake: $249.95 RRP
Our Price $229

For more information about the Avid Brakes lineup or any other anchoring options for your mountain bike, drop by the shop or check us out online @ www.MyMountain.com.au

[video=youtube_share;Gwctk3ZqgsY]http://youtu.be/Gwctk3ZqgsY[/video]

Attachments

Last edited: