2012 Bendigo 6/3 hr 9th Sept

riderideride

Likes Dirt
The rocks are what make Bendigo so rad :) love it! Won't be here for this race (I'll be in Spain riding!!) but all the best for it. I'm sure it will be a ripper as always! :)

obi.wan

Likes Bikes
i have a feeling it's going to be even better than anything in the past because we have never put so much work into the track as we have this year.
:clap2:

Mad Hatter

Likes Dirt
Come and ride the course

Just a reminder that the Bendigo MTB club are having a social day at the track this Sunday 26th August.
Start around 10:30 and finish whenever.
Day license available on the day for those without a current MTBA membership (cost $5)
Gold coin for the BBQ lunch and cans of drink.
More details available at our club web site.

http://www.mtbbendigo.com/

If you have never been to a 6hr course before then this is a great opportunity to see what to expect.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.
Cheers.
MH

obi.wan

Likes Bikes
SEE.............I told ya the track was the best yet!!!!!
thanks to all that came, some from close but some from far. Awsome day, inspirational turn out, and best of all. WE ALL GOT TO RIDE THE TRACK. Even me!!!

very proud of all the hard work that has gone into the track and the way in which the improvements just work.

Thak you my fairies!!!!
now it's time to start thinking about track novelties..............hmmmmmmm

Redirzo

Squid
Thanks for the opportunity for a great days riding guys. Those trail faries were hard at work and the've done a great job! Pity I won't be around for the race as I always look forward to the Bendigo round.

Mad Hatter

Likes Dirt
I managed to get out at the end of the day on the SS.
First time on some of the new stuff. There isn`t much of the old track that hasn`t been given a going over. The flow is great. The rocks still beat you up a bit, but that is what happens on a rigid SS.
Looking forward to the 6hr.

Thanks to all who turned up today. I hope you all enjoyed it.
Thanks also to the fairies. Great job.

Cheers
MH

Mad Hatter

Likes Dirt
Anybody doing this on SS?
I saw Fearless Gearless entered in the 6hr solo.
Not sure if my body would cope with SS rigid for 3 hrs let alone 6.
The new track sections are really nice, but this is Bendigo and rocks are rocks.
Cheers
MH

cooken

Likes Dirt
I reckon I'll bring the SS for the 6hr solo.

It's not rigid though and I've never ridden in Bendigo before so I have no idea what I'm in for. But I hear there's rocks.

johndh

Likes Dirt
1st lap riders won't have to worry about congestion on the first lap of the event as there will be a 5 km bush track prologue that has a good hill in it, to sort out the bunch. Did a lap with the local rides this morning great day sand weather with track in great condition. We put in an order for same conditions for next Sunday?

HIFI2009

Likes Bikes
Sorry, I just can't quite picture how it starts if the 6 hr's already under way. And I would have thought it would be better for the 6hr riders to have riders disappearing in the second half of the race, rather than appearing.

But I am not speaking from experience, merely hypothesizing.

HIFI2009

Likes Bikes
If I was doing, say, a 50km race, on a day with 100km event, I am happy to start a few minutes behind, that all makes sense. But for an enduro, I would much prefer to start at 10am and finish early than wait until 1pm. This appears to work for everyone else, so I guess I'm in the minority. Good luck to all who participate.

fatarseracing

Likes Bikes
blah blah blah

yes the 3 hour should start at the same time in my opinion. some of us travel from the country
too race, NOT the city. it is a 3.5 hr drive one way for some of us!!!! it's the same for the start time of 10am...why not 9am?
+ 3hr slaves are there to look after us people doing the 6hr by handing drinks and give words of encouragement
and packing everything up and packing the car and driving me home then showering me then tucking me in bed.
and the race is on Sunday instead of Saturday! (some of us actually work for a living!)
blah blah blah ..the whole world should revolve around me, ME, ME, ME, ME!!!!! iam the centre of the universe!!