2012 Club M.U.D Series

TheMightyAngus

Likes Bikes
Hey Club M.U.D dude my name has been spelt wrong and I am being seen as 2 different people in the stands. It's Elliott Rosler (D grade) is it possible to get that fixed up?

MTB Hack

Likes Bikes
KOB Round 3

Could anyone tell me where the track for round 3 finishes? After it links back onto the round 1 track does it keep following it to the table tops or does it divert down what was the B line in round 1, then to the tables?

bjmtb

Likes Dirt
Hail and high winds yesterday, bit of rain today and more forecast for tomorrow, It'l be a wet one

jcweston351

Likes Dirt
Kob r3

King of Ballarat Round 3...

Track is bunted ready to race, no rain, there's actually some sun... The track is fairly dry with no standing water & any mud that is there is super tacky. Even the finishing straight is hard & dry, gotta love granite sand... So get out there, hit the track & have some fun at the last race for kob 2012.

See you all there tomorrow...

We have had no rain so far Saturday, it's nearly 5pm now, going by the weather report for Sunday, it's going to be even better... fingers crossed!

jcweston351

Likes Dirt
KOB Round 3 & Final results...

Well... what a season it has been... too much rain, a tonne of mud, heaps of fun & to top it all off a new King.
The club has experienced it's wettest & muddiest KOB series in the history of the event, we have also had to compete with 2 other new interwinter series events yet despite all of this we have still managed to have a successful series. Numbers were slightly down on previous years most likely due to the poor weather...

For the 2012 season we as a club made the decision to run the event without any assistance, therefore all prizes etc. were supplied & funded by the club, with no sponsorship or any outside funding. It was also our 1st year of running shuttles & after a short learning curve it has turned out to be a fairly viable option for the race therefore it will be the same again next year.

At Round 1 we had 96 riders show up for what was by far the wettest round we have ever had to run with as a club, Round 2 had 69 riders compete in yet another wet round. Although not as bad as round 1, it was a much steeper & more challenging track to race in wet & muddy conditions.
In Round 3 we had a total of 52 riders, this was probably due to Saturday nights rain which I am told was hitting Melbourne & surrounding area in the early morning. Round 3 was thankfully the best race of the season, with the weather being favorable this seemed to make the day much more enjoyable for everyone involved, hell we even managed to see a bit of sun.

The club members & I would like to thank all of this years volunteers, it was a really trying season for you guys & we really appreciate you giving up your time to help our small club out, without your help we would not be able to hold these events at all.

Special mention goes out to Ian, Scotty & Bec for helping out with timing and also the Youies crew for lending us your bike trailer for the event & the use of some of your timing gear.

I'd also personally like to thank Graeme Coutts, with out him we wouldn't have any tracks to race, he's done a fantastic job with the Hill & his moral support throughout this year has helped me get through it all...

Congratulations to all of the 2012 winners & to Xavier Silwa the new King of Ballarat!

Ok here are the results for Round 3 & the overall series...

View attachment KOB 2012 Round 3 - Run1 Results.pdfView attachment KOB 2012 Round 3 - Run2 Results.pdfView attachment 2012 KOB Series Standings FINAL.pdfView attachment KOB 2012 Round 3 - OVERALL RESULTS.pdf

Last edited:
Well done Club Mud heaps well worth the 5 hr drive and also gotta thank the Coota family for their hospitality over the three rounds