DH 2012 Commencal Supreme DH V3

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
Had this lying around for about a month now, just havent been able to ride it because I've got a broken collar bone!

Build:
Wheels: Stans ZTR Flow Rims on Hope Pro 2's and DT Revolution spokes
Forks: Boxxer Teams with an Avalanche cartridge in them and a Hope Integrated Stem/Clamp
Bars: Truvativ BooBar 30mm rise
Brakes: Formula The One
Grips: Odi's
Derailieur: SRAM x0
Shifter: SRAM x0
Seat/post: SDG I-beam
Chain: Shimano Yumeya Hollow-pin
Cranks: Saints 165mm
Pedals: Jetblack
Chainguide: e-13 LG1+
Shock: Elka with Ti spring
Weight is 17.4kg if I remember correctly. Which is sorta heavy considering the parts on it but I don't think its a frame thats gonna break. Apparently theyre ridiculously stiff which is a plus so I'm still happy!

Last edited:

Reign Rider

Likes Bikes
Added the build list. Did you wanna know something about the brakes or just wanted to know what the brakes were? =)
Just rubber necking and wanted to confirm what I thought I was looking at......I was right NICE BRAKES:clap2:

Have you had a chance to ride yet? If not I hope you are well an the road to recovery.

How do the brakes compare to the hype?

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Always such nice bikes Joey, the Orange, the last Supreme, the TR450 (I think?) and now this.

Very, very nice. When that collarbones sorted I'm interested to hear your thoughts comparing this linkage to their previous one.

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
Just rubber necking and wanted to confirm what I thought I was looking at......I was right NICE BRAKES:clap2:

Have you had a chance to ride yet? If not I hope you are well an the road to recovery.

How do the brakes compare to the hype?
Nah haven't ridden it yet. Will probably have a go next weekend though and see how my collar bone is.

This is my second set of these brakes, the first set I didn't get direct off Formula and they were good for a while but I'm pretty sure they got contaminated and the bleed in them was never good, they were just odd brakes. But the set on the bike now we got direct from Formula, have ridden them for quite a while and they're good as new. More power than any other brakes I can think of besides maybe Saints but the Formulas probably weigh half what they do and they look a lot nicer IMO. A lot of people seem sceptical about the levers breaking as well but I haven't had any problems with either set I've had and the bars have definitely been into the ground a few times. I think with the first set that I had we messed up the bleed in them a bit as well.. But I reckon they're well worth the money and if you look around you can get them pretty cheap. Definitely my fave brake on the market overall.

SpecialFx

Likes Dirt
nice set-up mate,,,:clap2:

ive ridden one of this frame and its awesome,, stable on high speed, aggresive on berms,, love it...

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A lot of people seem sceptical about the levers breaking as well but I haven't had any problems with either set I've had and the bars have definitely been into the ground a few times.
Formula designed the levers with the little notch near the end so that the lever will snap before transferring too much force to the master cylinder. You can see it in this pic. Formula+The+One+lever.jpg

Great build mate.

lachie.g

Likes Dirt
runninga brakeline through theframe isaboi stupid cause what happens if yoe get a new brake orneedto take it offyou need to get it bled again and pullit apart