DJ 2012 Dobermann Supremacy BARBIE PINK

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
FRAME
2012 Dobermann Supremacy medium - Matt clear
SUSPENSION
Rock Shox Totem RC2 - Flood gate disabled (lowered to 90mm)
DRIVE TRAIN
DMR Cranks (original 12year old models) yup thats how good they are. 5th DJ bike they have been on.
DMR V12 (of the same vintage as the cranks)
FLY Bikes Circulo 25T Front ring - 12T rear (ratio 2.1-1 natural)
KMC Z510H (really heavy duty chain very thick outer links) - i stretch chains, this should help
Dice/ Diacompe Anchor
COCKPIT
Dartmoor Swing High (3.5")
Dartmoor Stem
Dartmoor integrated headset green
Dartmoor Pivitol seat post green
Dartmoor Pivitol saddle
Hope collar
WHEELS
DaBomb Da Wheelset - Front
Blonde Bikes DoubleD rim on Hope ProII SS laced with DT Champion
Basic Geometry
Head angle 69deg
Seat Tube angle 71deg
chain stay length 365mm-395mm

Last edited:

JONO WADE

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Whoah, so nice!
Really liking how clean the frame looks, who is bringing these into Australia now there is no barspin imports?

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thanks Rick!

yeah follow the Blonde Bikes page there are lots of high res photos and descriptions of the entire DOB range! love them.

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ajax it is very tasty, just a few changed for now, trying out lowered totems, (purchased these for my Dobermann LePink build) just put them on here to make sure they work well.
gearing and rear wheel are here to stay. with the exception of some Profile Elite hubs on their way

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Couple updates over the past few months. Just slowly changing bit by bit, refining how I would like the bike to feel.
Biggest change is the dartmoor swing high bars (3.5") rise. Dartmoor stem.
And a couple more to come. Profile elite 12T with brake less 20mm on Blonde Bikes Vstring rims (avalability TBA) laced with sapim spokes.
Also looking into white or tan wall tyre options.

Last edited:

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They ride pretty well. I've used many different types of unconventional single crowns for Dj. From manitou skareb, marzocchi 55 rc3 Ti, fox f80x, and most recently x-fusion vengeance HLR and the RS Totem

I've found the x-fusion to be a superior fork. How ever the totem is more than adequate (over kill really) but they are solid, robust and can take a beating. These have already got scratches and I don't mind slamming them into the coping or objects on street sessions.

yeah they sure are pretty chunky haha, yeah i've heard the vengeance is a lot stronger and stiffer than the velvet.

what do you think about society xeno's? i noticed them on crc but i think they're discontinued now.

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
society are more a low budget fork. personally i wouldnt go there, as there are plenty of quality second hand forks on this forum and other places for cheap prices.

yeah true. ill probs get pikes or something similar.
you can pick up a second hand fox 36 for 300 bucks or so every now and then, the more expensive ones being around 600, which is what i would go for. once lowered they are stupidly stiff and awesome for dirt jumping, and pike seals are notorious for leaking all the time.

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Because its pink?

Color does not make it ultra gay. But it is stupidly bright. :bananalama::bananalama:

But the fact I'm using totems for street/park maybe :banane40:

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
26" is the go. You can also run 24" in the 26" frame, as the only difference between the two is the dropouts. How ever I have seen a couple photos of 26" wheels (small rubber) in 24" frames. The wheel runs really far in the drop out though.