2012 Giant Glory!!!

D.HILL817

Likes Dirt
only found one photo on this bike shop facebook page heres the link
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...53832944.60622.172606379439682&type=1&theater

if anyone knows of any more pics or info one the 2012 giant glory post it here

Edit:
GUYS I SAW THE 2012 GLORY LAST NIGHT AT A FUNDRAISER FOR A FRIEND TO RACE WORLD CHAMPS, LOOKS SO FUCKING GOOD IN THE FLESH!!! What i could gather it was running Boxxer world cups, avid code r, truvativ decendant cranks, SRAM XO 10 speed, giant bars, stem and seat post, MRP G2 chain guide, Vivd 5.1 coil shox(i think), DT swiss wheels and hubs,
schwalbe muddy mary tyres

Last edited:

driftking

Wheel size expert
new paint looks awesome.
I heard that the bike was staying the same with the exception of a slacker HA. Just internet rumors tho.

BikeFx

Likes Dirt
new paint looks awesome.
I heard that the bike was staying the same with the exception of a slacker HA. Just internet rumors tho.
Agreed, giant always seem to one-up themselves every year in terms of paint schemes. Also, if i remember correctly, there was an interview with Andrew Neethling on dirt mpora or something where he mentioned the main differences between the 2012 glories and the 2011, was that the 2012 ones will be slacker, lower and longer. Ill try find it.

driftking

Wheel size expert
*snip*
Andrew Neethling on dirt mpora or something where he mentioned the main differences between the 2012 glories and the 2011, was that the 2012 ones will be slacker, lower and longer. Ill try find it.
Sounds good, I think giant have found "their" bike in the last few years and is now in the phase of tweeking it to their considered perfection. As we know Slackening the HA will cause the BB to drop and the WB to extend, It will be interesting to see if there are changes made specifically to the BB and WB or if they are indirect changes caused by the slacker HA.
He does mention out front is longer so the Downtube might be getting a bit more length to.

Last edited:

BJ_ride

Squid
I thought the changes were for the 2013 bike and the 2012 glory is the same as the 2011.

*snip*

Sounds good, I think giant have found "their" bike in the last few years and is now in the phase of tweeking it to their considered perfection. As we know Slackening the HA will cause the BB to drop and the WB to extend, It will be interesting to see if there are changes made specifically to the BB and WB or if they are indirect changes caused by the slacker HA.
He does mention out front is longer so the Downtube might be getting a bit more length to.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I wonder why they haven't gone for carbon? I imagine with the (much needed) new geometry it is going to be pretty damn similar to a Trek.

nic1894

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wonder why they haven't gone for carbon? I imagine with the (much needed) new geometry it is going to be pretty damn similar to a Trek.
it wont be long, i think in 2014 either most bikes will be in the prototype carbon stage or being made in production as carbon

s.dogg

Likes Dirt
Talked to the giant guys today at Crankworx.
There is no difference in the frame from last year.
They just have an adjustable angle headset.

Wish i could test ride one, but they arent doing it this year.

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Most company's also tend to stick with their frames for a few years anyways unless there's major problems with them. Seeing as 2012 is only the third year of the new glory's and that there aren't really any major problems with them that probably is one reason they havn't gone carbon yet.

nic1894

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Most company's also tend to stick with their frames for a few years anyways unless there's major problems with them. Seeing as 2012 is only the third year of the new glory's and that there aren't really any major problems with them that probably is one reason they havn't gone carbon yet.
i wouldn't say there was any problem with the alloy v-10's? or the alloy demo's?

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Talked to the giant guys today at Crankworx.
There is no difference in the frame from last year.
They just have an adjustable angle headset.

Wish i could test ride one, but they arent doing it this year.
I run an adjustable headset on my 2010 Glory and with a HA of 64 degrees, longer wheelbase and lower BB it has improved its performance massively. Not sure why Giant would go for the angleset rather than simply tweaking the geometry a little bit. Is it a cost thing or is it because some riders prefer the steeper HA? Any Glory riders out there who have tried the HA at 64 and then gone back to 65.5? I would strongly suspect not.

I like the idea that (as someone said) Giant have finally found 'their bike' and are going to stick with it making only very minor refinements and fabulous paint-job updates.

whiteman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A friend got a pic of the lower spec Glory. I think it looks pretty good apart from the white spring and forks.

Last edited: