2012 Giant trance x2 or Giant anthem x2

XCRider94

Likes Dirt
hey everyone.... i need your help...
I am looking at buying a new bike... the choices are giant trance x2 or giant anthem x2... which one would be better for the type of cycling im doing.

By the way, the type of cycling im currently doing is cross country. Im also plaining to do some xc races.

So, could anyone please tell me which one is better for xc

mrbailey

Likes Bikes
You can happily race on both but the Anthem the racier of the two.

If you're a big guy then the Trance might be the ticket.

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
I have an Anthem X2 and I could not be happier, best bike I have ever had.

I race, mainly at the You Yangs, but XC all over Victoria.

I am 177cm and 87kg, so I had to put extra air in the rear shock, and I bought better tyres than what comes standard.

XCRider94

Likes Dirt
I have an Anthem X2 and I could not be happier, best bike I have ever had.

I race, mainly at the You Yangs, but XC all over Victoria.

I am 177cm and 87kg, so I had to put extra air in the rear shock, and I bought better tyres than what comes standard.
Do you have the 2012 model??

Ivan

Eats Squid
Yes, go ride both of them and see which one suits you best. All the tips in the world will not come close to how the bike feels to you.
I am starting to see a common theme in your replies to these types of questions. :high5:

wilddemon

Likes Dirt
does anyone else have any tips for which bike i should get???
Judging by your lack of patience, and your username, I'm going to guess you're about 18. I'm currently riding 2010 trance x1. It's great. I hadn't ridden since I was a kid on bmx so figured the trance geometry would be more forgiving and the extra travel more fun. I was right. Asking these questions I'm assuming that you don't have recent experience on these bikes. If so I would recommend getting a second hand model, and save some coin, unless you wanna stick to bike paths and look pretty, coz if you're anything like me you'll prob give your nice bike some scratches pretty quickly. Also if you go 2nd hand maybe you can afford the x1 which will be lighter, better components and more adjustability. I recently rode husky 100 on trance, bit of extra air in the rear shock and it climbed great, not as well as the racers on anthems I'm sure, but on the downs I could hit all the a lines fast and leave them behind. Does that answer the question?

XCRider94

Likes Dirt
Judging by your lack of patience, and your username, I'm going to guess you're about 18. I'm currently riding 2010 trance x1. It's great. I hadn't ridden since I was a kid on bmx so figured the trance geometry would be more forgiving and the extra travel more fun. I was right. Asking these questions I'm assuming that you don't have recent experience on these bikes. If so I would recommend getting a second hand model, and save some coin, unless you wanna stick to bike paths and look pretty, coz if you're anything like me you'll prob give your nice bike some scratches pretty quickly. Also if you go 2nd hand maybe you can afford the x1 which will be lighter, better components and more adjustability. I recently rode husky 100 on trance, bit of extra air in the rear shock and it climbed great, not as well as the racers on anthems I'm sure, but on the downs I could hit all the a lines fast and leave them behind. Does that answer the question?
Yes it does.. cheers

I would consider getting a bike second hand, however the second hand prices are too expensive... someone is wanting 1650 for a 2009 trance x1

PhillipJ

Likes Bikes
Yes it does.. cheers

I would consider getting a bike second hand, however the second hand prices are too expensive... someone is wanting 1650 for a 2009 trance x1
You can get a new 2012 Trance X3 for $1600.

Unless you're super keen on winning XC races or are coming from a road bike there's a pretty good chance you'll prefer a Trance over an Anthem.

knob scortcher

Likes Dirt
also consider a anthem x29er they are sweet race bike ive one a few races on my mates. but only if you like the feel of 29er's

XCRider94

Likes Dirt
yea the 29er are awesome... i know someone who has one.. but after seeing someone walking back halfway through the epic last year with the front wheel almost at 90 degress... the thought of owning a 29er disappeared

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
yea the 29er are awesome... i know someone who has one.. but after seeing someone walking back halfway through the epic last year with the front wheel almost at 90 degress... the thought of owning a 29er disappeared
That can also happen on a 26er (in fact on ANY bike). If you are discounting a 29er for that reason, I would encourage you to re-consider all your available options

quiggs

Likes Dirt
Yes it does.. cheers

Yeap, I sold my 2009 Trance X0 model, which was my back up bike (i.e. never ridden) 12months ago for less than that> It was definitely worth more but the market prices at that time dictates what something is worth not what your emotions think somethings worth.

P.s. if you are interested in a 5 month old Rocky Mountain Element 970 29er 2nd hand PM me.

quiggs