2012 new glory 1 with 40's v 2010 used v10 with 40's v 2013 new demo 8 i with boxxers

bomb-r

Likes Bikes
So.. what would you choose?

The 2012 giant glory is a new glory 1, swapping out the boxxer rc's with new 40's
The 2010 v10 is top spec throughout, but done a full season..
The 2013 demo 8 i is new as is, straight from the shop (not carbon)

What application you ask?

More freeride & slope-style preference than race.. but still to be raced...

Let the debating begin!

Extreme exaggeration and statements with no evidence welcome. Just write a code word like 'amazeballs' at the start so we can identify it.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If i were you. id be buying a new one. therefore you dont have to worry about what the bike has already done, and know that your covered if anything does happen to you!
But. I ordered the Last 2013 alloy Demo 8i a few weeks back (last one of the current shipment in mid march). the next shipment is mid april i think?
PM me and i can find out for you.

I rather the demo frame. BUT, the demo may not suit your likes. or it may be the other way round.
best way to find out is test ride a demo, and test ride a glory. and make your decision on that :)

bomb-r

Likes Bikes
thanks 124. Your reply is most reasonable.

Won't anyone enter this debate like someone coming off an angry bender??!

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Where are you going to freeride/slopestyle this things in melbourne?

Buy the V10, I have no particular reasoning.

mxdame

Likes Dirt
Out of those options, I would get the new bike any day of the week. When you say slope style what do you mean exactly, cause there is not a lot SS places to ride in OZ & prob pretty hard to ride SS with triple clamp forks. IMO I think there are much better options out there if you are not racing DH. Transition TR250 (or blindside if looking second hand), NS Slope, Trek Scratch, Intense Uzzi, Morewood Kalula. All of these bikes would still get you down a OZ DH track no worries & would be more fun in the air :whoo: cause let face it, air miles are smiles...

Last edited:

SummitFever

Eats Squid
New one definitely. If you're very hard on frames then the Giant lifetime warranty is a big plus. Not sure what the Speci frame warranty is?

matt24

Likes Dirt
could a full season really thrash parts that much? i know guys that ride more than i could ever want to that are running 2-3yr old parts on new frames no problem. Guess it just comes down to how well it was looked after. I'd go the v10 because well...its a v10.

oh.... amazeballs

bomb-r

Likes Bikes
Awesome rotorburners. Thanks heaps for your responses.

I call it a dead heat between Matt24 with his use of amazeballs and ajay, who chooses the v10 like it's calling his name like a siren's serenade, deep from within his subconscious... "veeee teennnn.... veeee teennn".

I think I'm going to get a commencal supreme FR with fox 40's and a morewood makulu with BOS front and rear and a banshee rampant with f100's and a NS holy one 'cause I'm sooo cashed up it hurts. *amazeballs*

But I do like the look of the supreme FR.