2012 nsw/act state dh dates

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Hi there,
I understand there are a lot of criteria for choosing the dates of the rounds, however I was disappointed (probably along with some other uni students) that the first round last week was in the middle of the two week exam period. This period is the same for almost every uni in NSW. Otherwise I would have been there.

And round 5, thredbo in November is right between 2nd semester exam weeks!!! I would have considered racing then too....
Campbell.
Bugger. I hope the organisers consider this dilemma and reschedule everything. They should also factor in the fact that all NSW uni's do their exams on weekends and not weekdays.

@nDr3w

Likes Dirt
Hi there,
I understand there are a lot of criteria for choosing the dates of the rounds, however I was disappointed (probably along with some other uni students) that the first round last week was in the middle of the two week exam period for my uni. This period is the same for almost every uni in NSW. Otherwise I would have been there.

And round 5, thredbo in November is right between 2nd semester exam weeks!!! I would have considered racing then too....
Campbell.
Fixed. My uni's S1 exams were wrapped up by Del Rio, and S2 will be wrapped up by Thredbo. It's just bad luck dude, see if you can get an earlier/later exam or something from your faculty, explain to them you have a state level sporting commitment and they might be cool about it :biggrin1:

Balfa_Oli

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fixed. My uni's S1 exams were wrapped up by Del Rio, and S2 will be wrapped up by Thredbo. It's just bad luck dude, see if you can get an earlier/later exam or something from your faculty, explain to them you have a state level sporting commitment and they might be cool about it :biggrin1:
Yeah what Andrew said, or just race and worry about Uni later! That's what i did! Uni result most likely won't pay off but it was a fun weekend.

haltz

Likes Dirt
Bugger. I hope the organisers consider this dilemma and reschedule everything. They should also factor in the fact that all NSW uni's do their exams on weekends and not weekdays.
Hahaha

Awesome weekend just gone, that coffs track is bloody amazing! Even after the rain!

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Thanks for everyone's patience and understanding up the track today.

Anyone trying to sneak in practice runs next weekend please be aware Pony Club have a 2 day jump comp on. They are pretty accommodating but have a few hostile members who are yet to be convinced they should be letting us use the venue at all so if we can just follow some basic rules and keep them happy it makes my life so much easier. They just ask riders to take helmets off and walk past the horse area (from where it opens out till past the bottom arena), then ride out to the gate. Don't bring cars in to the grounds. Thanks

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Just opened registration for Thredbo:
http://www.rockytrailentertainment.com/events/DH-overview.html

We are also working on an accommodation deal for you guys. Will post it as soon as it's confirmed.

Important info regarding the Thredbo round from the Thredbo crew:
Snowgums chair will be operating and the course will start from near the top of that lift. The Kosci Express chair is undergoing its annual major service at that time and will not be operational. This is the only time that this can be done due to the fact that we have to wait for the snow to clear and still leave enough time to be open for the busy Christmas period.

Danny and the team will be working hard to get the trail ready for riding over the next weeks. There is still alot of snow on the upper mountain! Hopefully we get some warm weather. Thredbo is aiming for the downhill trail to be open for riding on Thursday November the 15th.

Worst case would be we will run from Bunny Walk Station down. This will still be a 2 minute plus course. We will have the trail crew out shovelling the snow off the upper sections but the issue could be the amount of water running off the surrounding drifts making sections too wet to ride.

Given that we have plenty of time to go we think that there is a good chance that most of the snow will melt by then.

We will be using the Valley Terminal Ticket Office area for race registrations etc as we have moved the Thredbo MTB hire and retail business over into the Thredbo Sports.

Early bird pricing will apply strictly until Sunday before the race.

Looking forward to a mad weekend at Thredbo.

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just opened registration for Thredbo:
http://www.rockytrailentertainment.com/events/DH-overview.html

We are also working on an accommodation deal for you guys. Will post it as soon as it's confirmed.

Important info regarding the Thredbo round from the Thredbo crew:
Snowgums chair will be operating and the course will start from near the top of that lift. The Kosci Express chair is undergoing its annual major service at that time and will not be operational. This is the only time that this can be done due to the fact that we have to wait for the snow to clear and still leave enough time to be open for the busy Christmas period.

Danny and the team will be working hard to get the trail ready for riding over the next weeks. There is still alot of snow on the upper mountain! Hopefully we get some warm weather. Thredbo is aiming for the downhill trail to be open for riding on Thursday November the 15th.

Worst case would be we will run from Bunny Walk Station down. This will still be a 2 minute plus course. We will have the trail crew out shovelling the snow off the upper sections but the issue could be the amount of water running off the surrounding drifts making sections too wet to ride.

Given that we have plenty of time to go we think that there is a good chance that most of the snow will melt by then.

We will be using the Valley Terminal Ticket Office area for race registrations etc as we have moved the Thredbo MTB hire and retail business over into the Thredbo Sports.

Early bird pricing will apply strictly until Sunday before the race.

Looking forward to a mad weekend at Thredbo.
I have alot of respect for the work Rocky Trail do and understand this is not your issue. BUT,

NSW Mtb or who ever works out the dates for the series should have know this right from the start.

Snow gums chair is one of the slowest around, only takes 1 rider per chair. The lines are going to be long!!

For some reason the race season started and finished later this year meaning that the Thredbo round had to be in November. (its normally earlier in the year)
This is the worst possible time because of snow melt and the Express chair maintenance which has always happened every year!

Most people will have to travel 5-6 hours to get to Thredbo and then have to line up for a slow chair and not race the full track.

What a joke!

Once again this is not Rocky Trails fault but is something that needs to be addressed in the future!

Scotty-Robbo

Likes Dirt
As much as I like the top part, I think it would be more beneficial to race the bottom for once, and see how it goes. In my eyes I ride the track just for bunny walk and down cause that's when the real fun starts, but I am not to keen on the single seating chair lift, unless they can double the amount of chairs on the line, but keen for a great weekend to wrap up the series.

trailburner

Racing only the bottom part is only Plan B. If it warms up and so far it's been a warm spring we should be good to race the entire lenght. We just anticipate as many things as possible and put alternative options in place so we can let you know early what happens if the weather doesn't play ball.

I will talk to Thredbo to find out if we can maximise the chairlift capacity.

boi

Cannon Fodder
This is common knowledge about the chair being shut for maintenance the lines will be massive?? Why after all these years are we going backwards?? How can you make people pre enter when it's uncertain what they will be pre-entering for. I noticed pre entry was extended at ourimbah (obviously due to poor numbers) there is still huge amounts of snow the resorts would have been well aware of the extra snow fall months ago...

trailburner

Great news from Thredbo for our RedAss DH finale: the snow is melting so we will race the full length track.

caddy

Likes Dirt
Is there going to be any option with race entry to include the Friday like in previous years or do we just buy a seperate lift ticket when we get there?

trailburner

Is there going to be any option with race entry to include the Friday like in previous years or do we just buy a seperate lift ticket when we get there?
Just got word back from Thredbo on this:
The Friday practice day will be $30.

trailburner

Still looking for accommodation in Thredbo for the RedAss DH Round? Check out the Candlelight Lodge:

Candlelight Lodge is in the centre of Thredbo and is open as a B&B for the duration of the MTB season. We are only 150m from the base of Kosciuszko Express Chairlift and have rooms where your bikes can be safely locked away over night. All our rooms have ensuites, small fridges, TV/DVD players, tea/coffee and beautiful mountain views.

We offer complimentary continental breakfast with the $60 per person per night room rate.

bookings@candlelightlodge.com.au

www.candlelightlodge.com.au