DH 2012 Propain Page

santacruzkid

Likes Dirt
Well I thought I would share something a little different to what is usually posted – This would have to be the sweetest bike I have built.

Frame
– 2012 Propain Rage - Large
Rear shock – Elka Stage 5
Front shock/fork – Boxxer World Cups
Handlebars – Answer Protaper – 780’s
Stem – Sunline - Direct Mount
Headset – Chris King
Grips - ODI
Saddle – SDG I-Fly
Seatpost – SDG I-Beam
Front brake – Shimano XT
Rear brake – Shimano XT
Cranks – Shimano Saint – 170mm
Chainring – Renthal – 36T
Bottom Bracket – Chris King
Chainguide – Sram X0 (MRP)
Chain – KMC (Super Light)
Pedals – Black Spire Sub 4’s
Rear derailleur – Sram X9
Rear shifter – Sram X9
Front rim – Mavic DeeMax
Rear rim – Mavic DeeMax
Tyres – Maxxis Minion UST

Total weight – Weighed at Edge Cycles in Cairns – 16.9kg’s – happy with the end result.

Last edited:

Chil

Likes Dirt
Wow, that looks so nice!
I am sure you'll get the weight that your after if not be very close to it!
I am looking at running some proper ust tyres on my Kona Stab, how much do those minions weigh?

santacruzkid

Likes Dirt
Finally had the chance to weigh it. Very happy with what it came in at. 16.9kg’s
Could possibly go lighter again by running a UST rear tyre. But overall very happy

Had the change to ride it at Beerburrum, Cedar Creek and Kuranda. it’s such an amazing bike corners awesome and pedals like a road bike. Can’t wait to race this bad boy.

jrewing

Eats Squid
Finally had the chance to weigh it. Very happy with what it came in at. 16.9kg’s
Could possibly go lighter again by running a UST rear tyre. But overall very happy

Had the change to ride it at Beerburrum, Cedar Creek and Kuranda. it’s such an amazing bike corners awesome and pedals like a road bike. Can’t wait to race this bad boy.

Hate to tell you but first ride and it'll be 17kg....dirt, all ten grams of it......

nice bike

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
Hate to tell you but first ride and it'll be 17kg....dirt, all ten grams of it......

nice bike
100 Grams?.....
hahahahah im glad you picked that up! back to school josh!
Hahahahawwww.....back to detective skool fellas....weight was 16.990 So yeah 10grams:clap2:
Hahahahahhahaa, so LOL inducing

Totally surprised with the weight man, I always thought those frames weighed a tonne, guess not! Nice build, would love to hear a ride report on it.