2012 - Real Insurance NSWMTB XCO Series

mittagongmtb

Likes Dirt
Results: Fitzroy Falls

Hi everyone - SHCC hoped you all had a fantastic ride at the McGee's Twin Falls mtb track. Thanks for everyone who turned up to race. We enjoyed the company of all 116 riders and their crews, family etc.

Round 2 Results:

Results are now available.

NCR

Likes Bikes
Another great day of racing. Massive thanks to those people making this series happen. I'm loving the fact that there is now something outside normal club races to look forward to for those of us who's preferred form of racing is XCO as opposed to marathon. After the tracks for the first two rounds and being familiar with the next two, there certainly will be a great variety of terrain.

Would be great to see no clubs schedule races that clash with the State Series and perhaps bring along their club gazebo or something to support their members and encourage increased participation in the series.

tjb

Likes Dirt
Thanks to SHCC for a great course and the volunteers and helpers for their time. And the McGees for the use of the land and Mark McInnes for his initiative!

hayd

Likes Dirt
Hard day racing when your front brake is stuck on.
Trust me, its not much better when your front brake doesnt work at all. Some of those decents were interesting.

Great track and a very well run event. Cant wait till the next one.

October26

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Trust me, its not much better when your front brake doesnt work at all. Some of those decents were interesting.

Great track and a very well run event. Cant wait till the next one.
Hah yes, I did try that for about one corner.

StanTheMan

Likes Dirt
Is there any pictures of the Old Man catergory ? errrr masters? :high5:

or can we purchase pictures if they have not been published on facebook?

I was kind of hoping I got snapped up with a few pics this round

crummy?

Likes Dirt
NSWMTB Pics

Is there any pictures of the Old Man catergory ? errrr masters? :high5:

or can we purchase pictures if they have not been published on facebook?

I was kind of hoping I got snapped up with a few pics this round
While I didn't get any stills, the Roost mag was there capturing moments.

I'm in the last editing moments of the NSWMTB XC Video which will be at CrummyMTB shortly.

This link will work once it has been published,

Cheers all for a fun filled day, see you at the next one.

StanTheMan

Likes Dirt
There were a few cameras around. One looked like it had motion sensors at the techie bit right towards the end. But then I'm no expert it just looked that way.
One guy was definitely taking shots on my 2nd lap.

Stan's bus rant's since 2011. Now on 4S

Markymark188

Likes Dirt
NSW XC series - Round 3 details and rego now open..!

October 21st.

Hosted by Western Sydney MTB Club

Round 3 of the NSW State XCO Series will be held at the Yellomundee Regional Park, Springwood Road, Yarramundi.

Registration

https://www.registernow.com.au/mtba/ERegister.aspx?E=1194
Online, up to midnight on Friday 19 October, or at the event (up to 30 minutes before the race) at an extra charge of $10 over the online price.

Practice Laps
The track will be marked and open for practice laps from 1pm Saturday 20th October. The park gate will not be open, so please park outside.

Schedule Sunday 21 October:

7.30am Park gate opens

9.00am Elites Male, Expert Male, U19 Male

11.30am All female races, plus U17,U15, & U13 Male

1.30pm Male - Sport, Veteran, Master, Super Master, and Grand Master

Track Description

The course at Yelloundee has been used over the years for many popular 4, 8, and 12 hours races, plus State XCO, and of course many WSMTB club races. It combines a range of technical areas in the sandstone foothills of the Blue Mountains, with some fast flowing single track on the flatter areas near the Nepean River. The course will be about 6.5km long, and we expect a fast time will be 18 minutes. For a general discription of the area see:
http://nobmob.com/rides/yellomundee

Directions: see Cross Country page of www.wsmtb.com

Food & caffeine:

At present, we are uncertain if a BBQ can be provided - watch the WSMTB web site for updates.

First Aid

A first Aid officer will be in attendance on Sunday August 5th from 8.00 – 3.20pm.

Enquiries

For further enquiries regarding this email Ray Rice at xc@wsmtb.com
Also see the WSMTB website www.wsmtb.com and the Club's FaceBook page.

National Parks Rules: Yellomundee Regional Park is administered by NSW NPWS. There are a number of regulations we must adhere to:

No dogs or domestic animals may enter the Park
No fires are permitted. Gas stoves only.
No smoking is allowed in the bush or vegetated areas.
All rubbish must be taken home. This includes items such as banana and orange peels. Please help by picking up any rubbish you see.
NPWS encourages the use of recyclable containers, and the use of plastic containers in the Park instead of glass.
NPWS encourages the use of car pooling to events at the Park so as to minimise the effects of vehicles.
No guy ropes or other items may be attached to trees. Please ask at Registration before erecting any shelter or tent. The use of tent pegs is to be kept to a minimum.

Link to location.

http://bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v...ty=r&rtop=0~0~0~&mode=D&FORM=FBKPL2&mkt=en-US

Markymark188

Likes Dirt
Round 3 - track layout. REAL INSURANCE NSW XCO Sereis

State XCO Round 3 - Yellomundee map-page-001.jpg

Lay out of race track.

I rode it yesterday and it has some punchy climbs, a bit of techo stuff, and plenty of good trails to boot.

At just 6.3k's long it's a real XC track.

This could be our biggest round yet.

I have some track photos which I'll post later..

In the meantime head across to the Facebook page

www.facebook.com/#!/pages/2012-NSW-XC-Series-MTB-Champs/260514300632831

or visit

https://www.registernow.com.au/mtba/ERegister.aspx?E=1194

to register - racing is just $20.

NCR

Likes Bikes
Bbq

For all those attending tomorrow there will be a BBQ as well as soft drinks, Gatorade, tea and coffee (instant only). Please grab a snack as all proceeds go to CanToo which is a cancer research charity (www.cantoo.org.au).

It's going to be a cracker of a day!

the_hurricane

Cannon Fodder
State Round at Ourimbah

Will we be able to register for the last round soon? I'd like to get a few mates along to the final round.

The series has been fantastic, something refreshingly different to the marathon races. A big thank you to Mark and the 4 clubs that supported the series. I hope it has created enough interest for the organisers to run it again next year.

Markymark188

Likes Dirt
Champs are on for sure.. On line Entries coming soon.. 4th Nov OURIMBAH

Hi All,

Thanks for your patience.. The CCOMTB guys are just getting the on line stuff sorted for us and entries should be up in the next few days. I would've been awesome if they were up already but...

Please see below link to a few pics etc.. I hope to upload a few more over the next day or so.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/2012-NSW-XC-Series-MTB-Champs/260514300632831

I'll post here as soon as I know that the entries are up..

Mark

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
What's the surface of the Ourimbah course like? Would you choose Nobby Nick, Rocket Ron, or Racing Ralph?
Course is hard pack, some loose sand in corners due to prolonged dry and some rocks and roots. Unless it rain, stick with the ralphs

Markymark188

Likes Dirt
CHAMPS Details & Rego ON 4th NOV..

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience.. (Cape to Cape took it's toll and there is STUFF all internet connection over there, even when using good ol TELSTRA).

Anyway...

Here is the link to Rego.. now open, just $20.. get on it.

https://www.registernow.com.au/mtba/ERegister.aspx?E=1263

Here is the clubs link..

http://www.ccomtb.com.au/

Here you will find additonal details like track location, laps per cat etc, etc.

If you have any queries - please feel free to call

Mark 0404 898 000

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
Thanks CCOMTB and organisers and sponsors

Hey guys,

I missed the first three round but I have to say that thanks to CCOMTB, organisers and sponsors the 4th round and NSW champs was a blast. The track was awesome the day ran smoothly and the turn out was pretty good. Thanks to everyone from CCOMTB who gave up their day and their usual club race to host the event, and thanks to Real Insurance and the other sponsors for supporting the series. I really hope this series and continue and grow next year because it's a great chance to race on some different tracks in a nice club style atmosphere without paying the premium that comes with National Rounds.
Cheers to whoever put this together, I'm sure a lot of work has gone into it and it's definitely appreciated.

See you next year :)