DH 2012 Specialized Demo 8 I

Riedy

Likes Dirt
Super stoked on this! My new 2012 Specialized Demo 8 I :triumphant:
Got it last Saturday from picking up a little sponsership deal :biggrin: First ride i had on it around the car park i could not wipe the grin off my face. Sunday, went to Mt Beauty and did shuttles on the Nationals track, first run on it felt like nothing else. It is the most smoothest and fastest bike i have ever ridden :biggrin: It railed every turn perfectly, skipped over every rock in sight. In the steep sections and everywhere else the bike just feels as if it wants to go faster!!! Super stoked on my new ride!!:biggrin:

:eagerness:

Big Thanks to Full Cycle Of Albury and Ross Ried

Frame - M5 manipulated alloy, compact race design, 1-1/2" forged HT, ISCG 05 mount, cartridge bearing rear shock mount, rear derailleur protector, 200mm travel
Shock - 2012 Custom Fox Van RC
Forks - 2012 RockShox Boxxer RC
Headset - Specialized
Stem - Specialized Direct-Mount stem
Handlebars - Specialized Demo low-rise bar 750mm wide
Grips - Specialized lock-on Grappler
Front Brake - Custom Avid Elixir 7, hydraulic disc, tool-less reach adj
Rear Brake - Custom Avid Elixir 7, hydraulic disc, tool-less reach adj
Brake Levers - Custom Avid Elixir 7 hydraulic, tool-less reach adj w/MatchMaker clamp
Rear Derailleur - SRAM X9, 10-speed, short cage
Shifters - SRAM X7, 10-speed w/MatchMaker clamp
Cassette - Shimano Tiagra, 10-speed, 11-25t
Chain - KMC X-10
Cranks - Sram Descendant
Chain Guide - Gamut P-30
Bottom Bracket - Sram PF30 DH
Pedals - Specialized Benies
Rims - Roval DH 26
Front Hub - Specialized Hi Lo disc 20mm Thru axle
Rear Hub - Specialized Hi Lo disc 150mm/12mm
Spokes - DT Swiss Industry 2.0
Tyres - Specialized Butcher DH
Tubes - Maxxis
Seat - Specialized DH
Seat Post - Specialized
Seat Clamp - Specialized

Hopefully the first person in Australia to have one!! First on Rotorburn !
Cant wait to race 3rd round on VDHS on this at Mt Beauty!!!:triumphant:
Thanks For Looking!

Last edited:

haydn

Likes Dirt
Hopefully the first person in Australia to have one!! First on Rotorburn !
Cant wait to race 3rd round on VDHS on this at Mt Beauty!!!:triumphant:
Thanks For Looking!
Sorry mate. Got mine about 3 weeks ago... Just havn't been bothered posting it. Got mine with a ccdb and it is seriously amazing. Super nice bike you got there. I went with the red and black though. Super sleek. Im guessing ill see you at Mt Beauty in 2 weeks.

needaride

Likes Dirt
sick bike mate, saw one of these at a race recently and the look very tidy. The specialized direct mount stem looks pretty sweet for a factory component too.

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry mate. Got mine about 3 weeks ago... Just havn't been bothered posting it. Got mine with a ccdb and it is seriously amazing. Super nice bike you got there. I went with the red and black though. Super sleek. Im guessing ill see you at Mt Beauty in 2 weeks.
He was referring to 2012 model, the red blk demo I was a 2011 model... amazing ride will hopefully get the matte blk version in a month or so. What size frame? large?

needaride

Likes Dirt
first DH bike ive seen with 10 speed. nice ride by the way, love the green :thumb:
Yeah strange that Specialized would go to the 10 speed (i know its becoming the industry standard) - but when their pro DH riders are running modified 6 speed cassettes... you'd think that would have to make its way into production at some stage? It seems logical.. I know for myself, I ride some pretty dang flat DH tracks and I'm still not touching the larger gears on my 9 speed cassette... just a thought.

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
He was referring to 2012 model, the red blk demo I was a 2011 model... amazing ride will hopefully get the matte blk version in a month or so. What size frame? large?
I think he meant he got the 2012 model as well cause there is a red/black/white demo in 2012. Seeing as all the 2012 models have white in them though he might not have mentioned it because it gets a little redundant.

pin'd_it

Likes Dirt
Great looking bike, really liking the color scheme.

I recently got a 2011 Demo 8 I and I absolutely agree that it is the fastest, smoothest and most confidence inspiring bike that never feels out of its depth.

Riedy

Likes Dirt
Ah bummer. Oh well it can be 2nd in Aus but first on Rotorburn. Also how does the CCDB go?

sick bike mate, saw one of these at a race recently and the look very tidy. The specialized direct mount stem looks pretty sweet for a factory component too.
Yeah I'm loving Specialized direct mount stem and bars they feel spot on :eek:range:

Yeah strange that Specialized would go to the 10 speed (i know its becoming the industry standard) - but when their pro DH riders are running modified 6 speed cassettes... you'd think that would have to make its way into production at some stage? It seems logical.. I know for myself, I ride some pretty dang flat DH tracks and I'm still not touching the larger gears on my 9 speed cassette... just a thought.
Yeah I dont know what the go is there but personally i think ill make a custom cassette with just the 5 or 6 lower gears and ditch the rest because i never use them.

Great looking bike, really liking the color scheme.

I recently got a 2011 Demo 8 I and I absolutely agree that it is the fastest, smoothest and most confidence inspiring bike that never feels out of its depth.
Thanks mate!

dude thats flippen mint, ride the hell out of it and huck some big shit! Enjoy it bro :)
Thanks man! but no hucks for me haha just wanna get down the hill fastest and get that number 1 place :eek:range:

Calvin M

Likes Dirt
Nice one Riedy heaps better geo then your last bike spot on for beauty. Have you cliped anything with the low bb yet.

Riedy

Likes Dirt
Nice one Riedy heaps better geo then your last bike spot on for beauty. Have you cliped anything with the low bb yet.
Thanks Cal ! and yes geo on the demo is spot on for the steepness at beauty. Also no, havent clipped/scraped/hit the bb at all on rocks. You coming up this weekend to Beauty doing shuttles??

Mr Franky

Likes Bikes
You might be 3rd but first on Rotorburn. Got mine just over a month ago. Have only ridden it a couple of times, but bloody its quick.

Calvin M

Likes Dirt
Yeah beauty tomorrow could be slick with the rain we have had in a few spots but most of it will be golden. See you there.