NSW 2012 SRAM Singletrack Mind Enduro Series – New venues, more singletrack adventures!

Fi

Chocolate Foot
Entries close at midnight tonight!

Lots of last minute entries are rolling in for this weekend's SRAM Singletrack Mind Series opener at Kinross. The crew from the Central West Off Road Bicycle Club have been busy, buffing up the track and creating new sections for your singletracking pleasure! With a new venue, a superb local selection of gourmet food & wine, plus 40 Bonus Series Points on offer - it's hard to imagine what you'd rather be doing on this weekend!

We've had word from a competitive team looking for a third to make up a Male Threes - email us if you're keen and we'll put you in touch.

ENTER NOW!

Rida

Likes Bikes
plus 40 Bonus Series Points on offer
Are there any special prizes on offer for those signed up to do both Capital Punishment and the CF Round 1 solo (besides sore legs)? I was thinking maybe a Bonus Lap (wishful thinking) or maybe just an extra chocolate foot (or two) in the rego bag :fat:

abevern

Likes Dirt
Are there any special prizes on offer for those signed up to do both Capital Punishment and the CF Round 1 solo (besides sore legs)?...
Surely 200+ kilometres on your MTB saddle is its own reward.. :)

Can anyone comment on quality/extent of mobile coverage at the track?

matt36415

Likes Dirt
Surely 200+ kilometres on your MTB saddle is its own reward.. :)

Can anyone comment on quality/extent of mobile coverage at the track?

in the transition / car park area there is 4 bar coverage for optus - and at almost all points of the track there is coverage - just not at the lowest points but the carpark is good

Fi

Chocolate Foot
Our little treats will be a bit different this year! Round 1 you'll be receiving a cold beer at the end of the race, and Round 2 there'll be a Choccy Foot bidon in every rider pack. The choccies may feature again at a future round!

Perhaps we should have given everyone a heads up as we now realise that some may include the Choccy Foot in their race nutrition plan ... oops!

UncleFeet

Likes Dirt
Where are the choc foots in rego bags this year??

#devastated
...yeah, kids were spewing when I got home...

...Some delights were in the bag though...a brochure for Aunt Betty's delightful Ribbon and Button Shop!...

But being handed a cold beer as I crossed the line on the last lap was GOLD!

Last edited:

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Great event, had a blast! Finally didn't crash in a race :)

Anyone know when and where photo's will be up?

Ben

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
Hey all, photos are being uploaded now (should be live within 12 hours or so) and will be found in the gallery: http://www.chocolatefoot.com.au/singletrack-mind-series/gallery

Solo female winner Janet Martin stars in the local paper: http://www.centralwesterndaily.com....ng-high-as-winning-run-continues/2540518.aspx

The always entertaining Solo male winner Ed McDonald blogs here: http://edridesbikes.wordpress.com/2012/04/30/chocolate-foot-sram-singletrack-mind-round-1-orange/

There's a short pause in the series until June 24 at Kowen but don't despair Chocolate Foot have the very rockin' Rock Wallaby half marathon event at Appin on May 27.

http://www.chocolatefoot.com.au/rock-wallaby

abevern

Likes Dirt
Awesome Event

Well it seems like an aeon ago - but I'm still smiling. That was a seriously enjoyable track.
Hats off to the people who made that trail happen - there's a lot of work in there, great stuff!

Usual salute to the whole Chocolate Foot crew and all the associated volunteers and sponsors.
Fantastic vibe, perfect weather - if you weren't there you really missed a memorable event.

There were a lot of people wielding cameras out on course, don't be shy about sharing - apparently my iridescent orange flying spaghetti monster top snuck beneath the radar on the official photos. D'Oh!

abevern

Likes Dirt
Top Photos

Just a heads up to the people who may've missed the announcement re additional photos from local photographer(s) "Stent Event Photography". I purchased a high res version direct from them (for $20) and I must say it is of exceptional quality. Definitely worth squinting through the 500 or so gallery pictures if you're vain like me.

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
Round two approaching FAST!

It feels like Orange was an eon ago but Round Two of the SRAM Singletrack Mind series is approaching rapidly on June 24. Early bird pricing finishes this Sunday night for Round 2 at Kowen, get your team organised now and save! Orange was huge and we expect Kowen to be bigger so don't miss out. You can check you the course below.

http://bit.ly/KD7a4o

IMG_9922.jpg

Photo: Dave Bateman

Fi

Chocolate Foot
Pumped for Round 2!

We're super pumped for Round 2 of the SRAM Singletrack Mind Series at East Kowen this weekend! You're in for real treat at the singletrack nirvana that is Kowen Forest. The event centre will be buzzing with displays from Hammer Nutrition, Cycology, Mountain Biking Australia Magazine, Jimmy Jack Wine, Zerofive Custom Sportswear and Frameskin. SRAM & Giant will be providing tech support, Muc-Off will be keeping your drivetrains running squeak-free, and Giant will have the following demo bikes available for you to test:
  • XTC 29er - Small
  • XTC Composite 29er - Medium
  • XTC Composite 29er - Large
  • Anthem X 29er 0 - Large
  • Anthem X 29er 1 - X Large
Head to the Giant tent on Saturday or Sunday to hook up a demo ride!

Weather forecast looks great, but don't forget your down jacket for between laps ;)

Live to web results will be available here and keep an eye on Facebook and Twitter (hashtag #SRAMstm) for updates!