2012 World 24 Hour Mountain Bike Championships - Intense Battle

stuartwsc

Likes Bikes
Most Intense World Champs Battle Yet!

Juarez, Tostado, Magelgy, Wallace and Poidevin already signed up for what promises to be the most intense World 24 Hour MTB Championships yet!

Full Press Release:

http://www.24hoursofadrenalin.com/worldchampionships/news-and-media/121411-intense-battle/

The W24C organizing committee is looking forward to seeing many of you from Australia and New Zealand for 2012. Early Registration indicates a solid group jumping the pond to "get dirty" in Canmore Alberta Canada on September 14 - 16, 2012.

W24C

Last edited:

akashra

Eats Squid
Stu,

Maybe you missed the press release, but the 24 Hour World Championships is being help on the May 19/20 weekend in Italy. It's here, to refresh your memory.

Did you get confused with the 24 Hours of Adrenaline World Championships, the race which has cemented its ground in being the North American championships?

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looking forward to it Stu, hopefully I can stay healthy and make the trip over this year. It'll be cool to be in the same race as Tinker!

jmcavoy

Likes Dirt
That's quite a line up!

Looking forward to spectating this one (first time I've missed the WSC's since 2008).
Wish I could be there, but I'm taking some time off solo 24 after a shocker of a year for me.
Hope to be back and at it in 2013 though!

Good luck to those racing this event.

I hear English is keen to race this one, so it should be very interesting to see if the Aussie's can continue to dominate this event, I hope so ;)

PS: I miss my Canmore summers!

MBPL

Banned
Competition

Competition on and off the track - all good for the sport. Twice as many champions .........

Last edited:

akashra

Eats Squid
People who want to argue the merits of the events' status in a sarcastic condescending manner - when they have never competed as a solo 24 ..... need to go away.
No-one's arguing it, it's simple fact. Before this year the event was the 24 Hours of Adrenaline World Championships, and only now that a unified, international event consortium recognised by multiple countries and hosts has been formed has the name been changed to try to cause confusion.

But that's besides the point. You haven't done a 24 event either, and have no evidence you have either - you're simply a sidelines troll who spends more time and effort trying to drag down anything I say than actually ever contributing anything to the sport or forum. Totally Pathetic. So please - take your own advice, and your sarcastic tones trying to belittle titles and championships, and the organisers who get behind these events.

macboy

Likes Dirt
So please - take your own advice, and your sarcastic tones trying to belittle titles and championships, and the organisers who get behind these events.
Talking to yourself dude? You were pretty quick to jump on and pay out on Stu Dorland.

akashra

Eats Squid
Stu's trying to claim the event as having the title another event has. He's doing the opposite - claiming it's something it's not.

jmcavoy

Likes Dirt
A bit like the Scott 24hr claiming to be the Australian 24hr championships, or that German race claiming to be 24 solo worlds or the Fling naming itself the Australian Marathon champs or the Forrest 6hr claiming to be the Australian 6hr champs... Who cares what the name is, it's about the dedication and passion of organizers and athletes. These events are the culmination of months of hard work by hundreds of athletes and support people, who deserve respect for building solo 24 up to where it is today. Without them there would be no worlds at all.

The more events on offer, the more choice, the more competition, the more things improve. I see this as more places to race in fantastic locations all over the world, a big win for us racers!

Last edited:

.stu.

Likes Dirt
I just wish that when I log onto this thread I'd be more likely to find information about the biggest 24hr solo mtb race in north america that actively tries to generate as many international entries as possible, regardless what it wants to call itself.

krisko

Likes Dirt
A bit like the Scott 24hr claiming to be the Australian 24hr championships, or that German race claiming to be 24 solo worlds or the Fling naming itself the Australian Marathon champs or the Forrest 6hr claiming to be the Australian 6hr champs... Who cares what the name is, it's about the dedication and passion of organizers and athletes. These events are the culmination of months of hard work by hundreds of athletes and support people, who deserve respect for building solo 24 up to where it is today. Without them there would be no worlds at all.

The more events on offer, the more choice, the more competition, the more things improve. I see this as more places to race in fantastic locations all over the world, a big win for us racers!
Amen! I hate hearing all the crap talk surrounding events.

stuartwsc

Likes Bikes
We at the W24C agree with positive vs. negative.

It was with excitement that we at W24C/WSC first announced that we would be partnering with a group in Australia to land the event in 2010. We had been approached by Tailwind who really wanted the event. It was my privilege to witness first hand the excitement of 24 hour racing in Australia. I've been part of 24-hour racing since 1994 and it's a great weekend for so many reasons in various countries. Let's keep it positive, it's too easy to be negative in this online social world we live in. We hope to see as many Australians in Canmore for the W24C/WSC for 2012.

Peace to all... hope you like the photo!

Stuart

Attachments

rpmjunky

Likes Bikes

i agree with everything you said but i do believe that if something is advertised as a world championship then it should be for a rainbow jersey. so until the uci gets on board then there isn't a real world championship event.

bike182mtb

Likes Dirt
the person above said "i agree with everything you said but i do believe that if something is advertised as a world championship then it should be for a rainbow jersey. so until the uci gets on board then there isn't a real world championship event".
great question what is a world champ.i say" its the person who beats all others"does it matter if there if there is a rainbow jersey at the end.it the race that all racers go to and the one that wins is the world champ.as for the start list what about the double world champ jason english ???????????????.

Bushranger

Likes Dirt
The UCI are a bunch of crackpot idiots. I wouldn't consider anything they do as special. They do stuff all for cycling and are more interested in just tagging along and getting benefit from private initiatives.

Screw the UCI. The sooner they fade away to being irrelevant the better.

Mind you, on the same token, I do think a not for profit body should determine what is and what isn't a world championship.

In some sports though - the most pretigeous event(s) are not world championships anyway.

rpmjunky

Likes Bikes
Well the only reason i said UCI sanctioned event is because they hold the world champs for all other MTB disciplines so if 24hr racing is to be a recognised world champ event then they should hold it, and then all the best riders would be there. otherwise let any old crew hold the event and name unofficial world champs

Bushranger

Likes Dirt
Well the only reason i said UCI sanctioned event is because they hold the world champs for all other MTB disciplines so if 24hr racing is to be a recognised world champ event then they should hold it, and then all the best riders would be there. otherwise let any old crew hold the event and name unofficial world champs
yeah. Never mind, as soon as the UCI realise they can make a lot of money from a 24 hours World Champs there will get involved.

brendonj

Likes Dirt
Slow down people. The "intense battle" seems to be going on in this forum.......

For what it is worth:
The key issue I think is that there needs to be a recognised (by the MTB community at large) and well organised event (that doesn't disadvantage anyone in the world) for people to compete in for the world title. At the moment 24hr racing seems to be going through the birthing pains of establishing this. Like most people (whether you ride 24hr events or not) I would love to see this happen. How about some constructive criticism towards that end?

RED_RACER

Likes Dirt
I guess there is now twice the chance of being a world champ :) that's not a bad thing!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk