2013 - A year in photos (including Crankworx)

Staunch

Eats Squid
Seeing as I don't post my own shots on here too often, I figured like last year, I'd make a big end of year post, sort of like how a filmmaker might make an end of year demo reel.

2012 can be viewed here

2013 for me brought about my gap year along with the some amazing experiences. Unfortunately working took up more of my time than I expected so I didn't get to ride as much as I had planned although I still got to spend some quality time on the bike with mates and also was able to spend a couple months over in Whistler. As I am primarily a rider and race a fair bit, 9/10 times I'll pick riding over taking photos, so this is sort of a quick summary of my year when I got some time to do both.

These are just my favourite shots from the year, everything can be found here, on my Flickr

At the start of the year Jay Stagoll from Blonde Bikes me and a couple other blokes up to do a promo shoot for the new Dobermann Stellas. Although it was almost 40 degrees and the sun was brutal, we managed to make the most of the day

The man himself with his very bright rig

Team rider Michael Roberts sends it through the rocks with ease

I managed to get a new frame for my AM bike in February and I just love it, probably almost ended up riding this bike more than my V10 this year

Although I spent all my bike on the bike at the Baw Baw VDHS round, the airbag made for some interesting shots

Patto with a fronty-tuck

Theo (Shredden) trying to dial some flips

I also did a few bike shoots this year but this was my favourite, Mark's Evil Undead

As always, the VDHS series wrapped up at Long Gully for presentation day and the golden light came through just in time for the Whip off comp

Patto with a nice table

Jai getting his scrub on

Nelson going with a tuck instead

I went down the local park to hang with a mate before he went off to France indefinitely, even though his shoulder was screwed and was constantly dislocating, he gave riding a crack for me anyway

I also shot a bit of BMX, something which I don't do enough of, with Brett Ward

Huge tuck-air

Board tyretap

Table air

Pocket air

Not long after, it was off to Whistler. After a while I managed to tire myself out early one day so I finally grabbed my camera out and did a shoot on A-line with Jack O'hare and then whoever else came down

Jack with a steezy table

His whips aren't half bad either

Railin' corners

Random shredders

More randoms

I also managed to get my hands on a media pass for Crankworx, meaning I was able to capture some amazing stuff I could of only dreamed of a few years ago.

The enduro had some amazing views although I made a rookie mistake and didn't bring a bike to ride down so I had limited time before the chairlift shut for the day

Although I did make it back down in time to capture the top pros, including Jerome Clementz

The Air DH was crazy fun to shoot

Random pinner giving it some style

The hecklers made it even better, free beer is always appreciated, haha

The girls shred just as hard

Trevwah Burke with a dope nac through the hecklefest

Stevie Smith on his way to victory

The rain managed to hold off for Best Trick which gave us a bit of an insight to what would be thrown down on the Saturday

Anthony Messere with an easy flip

Then a huge flipwhip as the cloud started to roll in

Mitch Ropelato killed it at the pumptrack challenge putting everyone else to shame

Unfortunately though after dominating all night, he had a crash in his Semi-final and put himself out of the running

Some nice style from practice

Whip Off Worlds was amazing to watch, even if it did rain for some of it

Dave McMillan scrub-whippin'

Eddie Masters in thongs no giving even the slightest of a fuck

These blokes had a different approach

Even flips were being thrown down

Soderstrom with a dialed nac

Favourite Bernardo Cruz took it out again with his whips pushing past 90 degrees, just insane

Joyride was sick, massive crowds and everyone was throwing down

Semenuk with a truck

Granieri with a lazy 3'

Messere chose to whip the off the cabin

Pilgrim stepped it up with a flip

Messere again with flipwhip

The next day was the Canadian Open DH race although as I was racing/being drunk and shirtless on a rock, I didn't really bother too much with the camera, haha

I also caught up Remy Morton to do a shoot while he was over there.

After getting home, I spent most of my time riding but I finally pulled the camera out again at the Bright MTB festival

Sam Brownlie on it

Leachy reppin' the pack

The slopestyle wasn't the easiest to shoot being so late and with fading light but it was certainly entertaining to watch

After my race on Sunday I went out to a local track with a few mates and they had a bit of shred

Who says you can't have fun on an XC bike, haha

I also made the trip down the apparent last jam session for Adam Hough's jumps

3' table

3' nac

Adam with a bit of whip target practice, haha.

That's all for now guys, cheers if you managed to stick it through this far, if you want to leave some comments/criticism/nudes/hatemail/general bullshit, go for it, haha.

All in all it was a pretty good year so now i'm off to consume waaay more alcohol than is anywhere near necessary for a single person, peace.

a-line

Likes Dirt
Awesome work Oskar! Looks like you've had another action packed year. Top quality work, now you have to start making money off it haha.