2013 Australian Solo 24 Hr Champs : Easter : Stromlo

mcdoned

Likes Dirt
A few questions...

- Will there be bunnies and chocolate eggs?

- Will there be a Dr Eggs, doing a beer a lap?

- Will some strange guy on a singlespeed try and drink 24 cans of solo in 24 hours?

- Will one of his pit crew drink a case of beer in the same time?

- Will Jeebus resurrect on Easter Sunday? (Oh no, not again)

Cornik

Likes Bikes
whatdoyourecon

Rode rockytrail on the weekend and feel totally busted from Stromlo, any ideas on the trails to be used for the 24hr- if any used from the back side of Stromlo then I will need a back transplant

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Cornick

As always, I hold out hope that we will just go up the blue gums and down the luge (or down wedgetail eagle onto double disolution and then back to the start).

But I fear there will be rocks.... there are always rocks :(

In other news, I was locked away in the law school on a special project (they only accepted 4 appliants, I could hardly turn it down) I've put on more than ten kilos because i have eaten nothing but garbage food, didnt sleep properly for four months and only did 4 rides between december 28 and feb 10. Now I've got some bug and struggle to do a three hour road ride.

Please feel free to msg me any sympathy, but I fear I'll be getting nothing but handfuls of cement :p :p

agk7

Likes Bikes
any update on the proposed course? In Canberra next weekend and i'd love to have ride the loop.

cheers

Rida

Likes Bikes
any update on the proposed course? In Canberra next weekend and i'd love to have ride the loop.

cheers
Course description and map now posted on website - http://solo24hour.com.au/race-info/the-course/

bring your concrete flavoured gels and a big box of tissues, it's a national race after all.
Yep, it's hard. Map doesn't quite seem to match the course description though - The map shows the course crossing the fire trail of the dreaded 2012 National XCM climb and heading straight down Skyline (instead of turning right and continuing to the top of Stromlo and down Rollercoaster then down Skyline). Btw - that's fine by me! Hopefully the map is right and the description is wrong.

SSDave

Likes Dirt
Climbing Huh??

Looks like about 400m climbing per lap, now considering that I climb like a boat anchor, it's gonna be a long night.

disappearin

Likes Dirt
Is camping available on Thursdays night? The website says no and mtba entry says yes.
Looking forward to racing!

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Another question, is Stromlo going to be open to the masses on Fri? Coming down for a look and we hope to squeeze in a ride before the bunting goes up.

telemike4

Likes Bikes
Is there a rider list available, by category by any chance. I'd like to see tha names of all the people who will beat me.

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Is camping available on Thursdays night? The website says no and mtba entry says yes. Looking forward to racing!
Yes - you can Camp Thursday night, subject to "There is ample space at Stromlo Forest Park and each competitor will have access to a pit space that faces the track. If you are camping on site tent pegs must be less than 300mm long to avoid the irrigation in the ground, no cars or camping or anything else is allowed on the Running Track. And you may be asked to move you camp from Thursday to Friday."

Another question, is Stromlo going to be open to the masses on Fri? Coming down for a look and we hope to squeeze in a ride before the bunting goes up.
Yes, its is open (but the bunting might already be up). Please don't move/break any if you are out on the trails.

Is there a rider list available, by category by any chance. I'd like to see tha names of all the people who will beat me.
Entry Lists attached for download ...

View attachment Solo_2013_by_Number_272000.pdf
View attachment Solo_2013_by_Name_272000.pdf
View attachment Solo_2013_by_Category_272000.pdf

Last edited:

Delmar

Likes Dirt
Throughout the race you will be able to check on the results here.
Someone's got to comment- McDonald only 2 mins off Jason after 20 hrs!!! Gripping viewing/updating a screen of numbers!

Plus mates Mike Israel and Phil Welch duking it out in the top ten... go boys!

Cornik

Likes Bikes
Back home after pulling out with a crook back, the course was a true mountain bikers course, a bit of everything, jumps, burns, rocky techo sections, brutal climbs, flowy, sandy bits, drop offs, switch backs -- yea ha

Those fellas( girls and guys) out front a truly on a different planet, hope everyone gets home and finishes.

Watching results with envy

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well done Ed and Callum!

Anybody know what happened to Scott Chancellor and Andrew Lloyd?

Both were circulating very well - right at the pointy end - until about 1am it seems.

--

Well done also to James, Jason H and Carson for completing what looked like the most brutal course in a long time!

Last edited:

Shrekmeister

Likes Dirt
Well done Jas English, Ed, Bellchambers and Quiggs....well done...guys i look up there for inpiration and motivation...wish i had been there to see the race unfold....