2013 Australian Solo 24 Hr Champs : Easter : Stromlo

RED_RACER

Likes Dirt
I'm hanging for the graph that indicates how close everyone was during that race!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

quiggs

Likes Dirt
Wow that would have been a tough 6 hr track let alone a 24hr track. In true stromlo style over the 24hrs the pebbles became rocks and the rocks became boulders, really tough on the whole body especially the downhill track section

Quiggs

Last edited:

telemike4

Likes Bikes
Wow that would have been a tough 6 hr track let alone a 24hr track.
Quiggs
It was a tough track. I rode the first 17 hours until an inner ear problem gave me vertigo. I thought about how hard it would be to do 20-30 laps of just bluetongue and little seymour, or the downhill track, or "that bastard hill" while out riding and it didn't sound appealing.

Machine

Likes Bikes
It was a tough track. I rode the first 17 hours until an inner ear problem gave me vertigo. I thought about how hard it would be to do 20-30 laps of just bluetongue and little seymour, or the downhill track, or "that bastard hill" while out riding and it didn't sound appealing.
It sure was a bastard of a hill!! which bastard was it again that included that into the course especially after blue tongue and little seymour. But then again we are nuts for doing it. Congrats to Jas super nice guy always having a chat everytime he passed me which was alot even in the heat of racing with Ed on his tail.

Canbaroo

Likes Dirt
11.03k's

How long was that track? I had it at 13kms, but others had it at less.
Well done Mike, bad luck about the vertigo. You had every reason to get a bit giddy and that climb out the back was just merciless.

Looking at the times, those that went within a few seconds of 1:00hr on a lap had an avg speed of 11.03kph. If you were knocking out 13k laps you must have been 'telemarking' uphill and downhill!

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Wow that would have been a tough 6 hr track let alone a 24hr track. In true stromlo style over the 24hrs the peddles became rocks and the rocks became boulders, really tough on the whole body especially the downhill track section

Quiggs
Awesome effort mate - was following the race online and was very excited to see you move up the field and win your age category! :)

quiggs

Likes Dirt
Well done Mike, bad luck about the vertigo. You had every reason to get a bit giddy and that climb out the back was just merciless.

Looking at the times, those that went within a few seconds of 1:00hr on a lap had an avg speed of 11.03kph. If you were knocking out 13k laps you must have been 'telemarking' uphill and downhill!
Just downloaded my garmin and laps were around the 12.80kms and 300mts elevation give or take a meter or two here and there

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Just downloaded my garmin and laps were around the 12.80kms and 300mts elevation give or take a meter or two here and there
bummer the Garmin didn't quite last the distance?
I assume you have a few days off the bike now? :)

Shrekmeister

Likes Dirt
your still in trouble.........................for not telling me you were going...would have been on your pit crew for the experience....ummah...

woozy

Likes Bikes
Photos from the race: ONLINE! :)

Hi guys,

My name is Adam and I was one of the photographers at the race last weekend (and what a great race it was!). We would like to let you know thats the photos are now online!!

They can be found at: RAWeffect.photomerchant.net

Finding/purchasing your photos:
1. Click the "Search" button on the top right of the home page and enter "NSC" followed by your race number. For example competitor 123 would enter NSC123. For riders with single digit race numbers, for example 4, enter NSC04.

2. Click "Add to favourites" on the photos you like

3. Click "Favourites" on the top right of the page

4. Add the photos you would like to purchase to your cart and proceed to checkout

Hope you enjoy the photos! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and if we can help with anything you can find our contact details on the website or visit facebook.com/RAWeffectImages and contact us there.