2013 Banshee Spitfire V2

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
Sharing a few pictures of my 2013 spitfire build. Setup as an "all mountain bike" that can climb well but will be fun and fast on the DH sections. Rides low, slack and smooth.

Specs

Frame:- 2013 Banshee Spitfire - size large in slack setting
Shock:- Avalanche Chubbie
Fork:- Avalanche AVA fork cartridge with fox 36 talas air outers
Brakes:- XT with 7 inch rotors
Cranks:- SLX with 36/24 combination
Chainguide:- E13 Hemi2
Pedals:- Superstar Nanotech Flats
Handlebar:- Truvativ
Stem:- Easton 60mm
Rear Wheel:- Hope Pro II with Mavic ex721 with stans rim strips
Front wheel:- Hope Pro II with Mavic ex721 with stans rim strips
Tires:- Maxxis UST minion front and rear - DH casing
Seat pole:- Rockshox Reverb
Seat:- SDG belair
Shifter:- XT 10 speed
Rear Derailleur:- XT 10speed
Front Derailleur:- XT (Shimano XT M785 Top Swing 2x10 Front Mech clears the frame fine)
Chain:- XT
Cluster:- SLX 11 to 34

spitfire side 140b.jpg
spitfire 1.jpg

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
one awesome looking bike. I'm considering a Spitfire or Cube Stereo to replace my Reign. What weight is your spitfire at?
Not sure for my bike.

I know a medium Raw production V2 Spitfire, with the 142 drop outs and axle, derailleur hanger, Fox CTD shock, and Banshee seat clamp is 8.09 lbs. The "raw" frame has a clear coat lacquer on it so its not really raw, the black anodised frames are ~0.44 lbs (200 grams) lighter (so run at around 7.6 lbs). I have seen complete V2 spitfire builds at 27lbs.

Mine is built with DH tyres, coil over shock, open bath fork cartridge, adjusting seat post etc, so that adds a bit to the weight.

clockworked

Like an orange
great looking bike there! any chance you could give us a little ride review? I'm keen to know how it pedals up hills and whether it's still stiff enough down