DH 2013 Bilt Eight

anthonyq

Likes Dirt
After selling my kona operator in december last year, i havent ridden dh since. I saved up some money and now got myself a new Bilt Eight.

Frame - Bilt Eight L
Rear shock - Cane Creek Double Barrel
Front shock/fork - Marzocchi 888 RC3 EVO V.2 Ti
Handlebars Renthal Fatbars, 780mm
Stem - Blackspire DAS
Headset - Cane Creek AngleSet
Grips - Imperial Blue lock-on
Saddle - SDG I-Fly
Seatpost - SDG Micro
Front brake - Shimano Saint, 203mm
Rear brake - Shimano Saint, 180mm
Cranks - Gravity Lite, 165mm
Chainguide - E.Thirteen LG1
Chain - SRAM
Pedals - Shimano DX
Rear derailleur - Shimano Saint
Rear shifter - Shimano Saint
Cassette - Shimano Ultegra 11-28
Front hub - Hope Pro 2 EVO
Rear hub - Hope Pro 2 EVO
Front rim - Atomlab Pimplite
Rear rim - Atomlab Pimplite
Spokes - DT Swiss
Nipples - Atomlab Torque
Tyres - Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5
Tubes - Maxxis Freeride

8818679158_a03056bc53_z.jpg
8818686812_21c5d30469.jpg
8808129447_b8db73770e_z.jpg
8808136105_99ef16833e_z.jpg
8808144923_653f71b915_z.jpg
8818767670_8f2ff6e660_z.jpg
8808151861_8736103004_z.jpg
8808188135_9588439c8f_z.jpg
8818754756_7b2526f18b_z.jpg

Last edited:

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
looks good mate heard good things about the bilt's,

let us know how she goes at the moment im between one of these a nukeproof pulse or the new carbon operator coming out

bmx

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Very nice. I'm going to get one of these. Well I mean I have to, I just bought new 73mm cranks for it.

Would be interested in a ride report.

anthonyq

Likes Dirt
looks good mate heard good things about the bilt's,

let us know how she goes at the moment im between one of these a nukeproof pulse or the new carbon operator coming out
thanks mate, i was in the same position as you before. i was really keen on the pulse or waiting out for the carbon kona but this things rides amazing, is aussie owned by the guys here in canberra and go for a hell lot cheaper than the pulse or kona as a frameset. You could buy the kona or the pulse as a frame but chances are youd end up paying for more and still get shittier parts.

anthonyq

Likes Dirt
Very nice. I'm going to get one of these. Well I mean I have to, I just bought new 73mm cranks for it.

Would be interested in a ride report.
Went for the first ride today which was a stromlo clubby. This thing rides amazing, its probaly the most fun ive had on a dh bike. I dont really have much to compare to since my last bike was tiny for me but i can say the the bikes handles the rough stuff really well and it jumps and corners very nicely. I still havent really changed any of my suspension settings, but when i get around to it the bike will ride even better.

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thanks mate, i was in the same position as you before. i was really keen on the pulse or waiting out for the carbon kona but this things rides amazing, is aussie owned by the guys here in canberra and go for a hell lot cheaper than the pulse or kona as a frameset. You could buy the kona or the pulse as a frame but chances are youd end up paying for more and still get shittier parts.
the pulse is ridiculously expensive I wasonly going to get it if funds permitted but the kona low spec is supposed to be under 4100 rrp that is definitely I reasonable option and just swap out the parts I don't like

but yeah my lbs owner tested one (a bilt) and said that they corner so well and a pretty good package for the price

anthonyq

Likes Dirt
the pulse is ridiculously expensive I wasonly going to get it if funds permitted but the kona low spec is supposed to be under 4100 rrp that is definitely I reasonable option and just swap out the parts I don't like

but yeah my lbs owner tested one (a bilt) and said that they corner so well and a pretty good package for the price
Yeah ive heard the konas were going to be around that price but my build cost alot less that that if you can source out top parts for cheap. i guess its cheaper if you bought good parts from the beginning so you dont spend so much time upgrading it later and wasting even more money.

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah ive heard the konas were going to be around that price but my build cost alot less that that if you can source out top parts for cheap. i guess its cheaper if you bought good parts from the beginning so you dont spend so much time upgrading it later and wasting even more money.
not really by the time I got the frame forks and driveline id be happy with ive spent close to the same amount and I still need a whole heap of other bits idk seems logical to buy the lower spec and build it up slowly to how I want it atleast I can ride it in the meantime...

but to each their own hope she treats you well!