DH 2013 Dobermann Stella (chromoly DH race weapon)

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt

DOBERMANN BIKES STELLA
Large neon yellow
Suspension
Elka Stage5 475lb Knine Race coil + Knine Thrust bearing
Rockshox Boxxer R2C2 + Knine Thrust Bearing
Cockpit
Chunked King Crown
Loaded USA AMX 790mm bars
ODI ruffian grips
Farnear 12k carbon Post
Selle San Marco Aspade Carbon FX
Hope collar
Drive train
Truvativ Descendants 165x83mm
Weeze flyweight 37T chain ring
Chunked Flatout Ti platform
Csixx 150gm Chain device
Sram X0 9speed (6speed conversion)
Blonde Bikes Carbon jockey wheels + cage
Blonde Bikes Ti cassette
Hope Tech V2 - 203F/183R
Wheels/Rubber
Deemax Ultimate
Intense DH(F) Intense WC DH (R)
Basic Geometry
Head Angle - 64°
BB Height - 14"
Chain Stay length - 425mm (from memory)
Build weight (above spec)
16.7kg (awaiting profile elite/LoadedUSA rims) to cut another 500g

Last edited:

brutasauras

Likes Dirt
Nice weapon mate, good to see a single pivot, linear rate cromo suspension frame in 2012. How does she ride? Gravity likes a bit of density packed into smaller tubing cause it cuts through the air just fine on the way down:nod:

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
coming from a 2011 makulu with CCDB, my opinion is it rides superior for my particular style of riding. the morewood was a beautiful bike and loved every second on it. how ever getting from that to this. im riding my style rather than changing how i ride for the bike. (most components are swap over from the makulu build) different wheels. and post. it jumps and pops with ease, a very very short rear triangle,, helps getting over the rear and manuals are a piece of piss. OEM set up is low and slack. with modern geometry. and the elka so far has gone beyond my expectations and what the reviews say.

build weight as you see is 16.7kg with new wheels being built to cut another 550g and a proto Ti coil for the boxxers. so looking to get at around 15.8-16kg dont want it any lighter, or it will start to ride like shit.