XC 2013 Giant Anthem Advanced - update

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fresh new XC rig for 2013, shout out to Giant Sydney for the hookup.

UPDATE - New Terralogic forks and fox shock and this action shot from the mont 24hr.

Last edited:

shoogyboom

Likes Dirt
I have an XTC composite also and have been recently thinking of doing the same. Any other thoughts on difference? Did you sell the XTC? If so how much did you get for it?

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have an XTC composite also and have been recently thinking of doing the same. Any other thoughts on difference? Did you sell the XTC? If so how much did you get for it?
The overall speed though is much faster, i found on the XTC it skipped around corners whereas the anthem rails in the sag! Also pedaling though rough terrain or even just fireroad its much faster because rather than loosing traction as I found the XTC did all the power goes to the wheels.

Didnt sell the XTC as it was though a sponsorship but id suspect around the $1500 mark give or take...

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Great bike!!! I had a ride on one of these and preferred it to the Trance 29er and the XTC 29er. Although the XTC was a very quick and capable bike it was just not as fun as the Anthem.

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
The overall speed though is much faster, i found on the XTC it skipped around corners whereas the anthem rails in the sag! Also pedaling though rough terrain or even just fireroad its much faster because rather than loosing traction as I found the XTC did all the power goes to the wheels.

Didnt sell the XTC as it was though a sponsorship but id suspect around the $1500 mark give or take...
+1
I have both bikes and have found much the same. Unless the track is super smooth I was loosing time and energy in the bumps. I also found the anthem corners better but I'm not sure why. I also find I have to pick my lines carefully on the XTC but the Anthem will just smash through just about anything.
My 2013 Anthem Advanced 29er 1 is 800grams heavier than my 2012 XTC 29er Composite 0.

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice Bike!

Bit heavy, any plans to lighten?
Im pretty happy with the weight. I plan to put a carbon stem and seat post on but that wont drop too much. Lighter wheels perhaps in the future but these current ones are bomb proof.

i have the 2013 anthem 0. with full xtr & enve xc wheels 10.2 kg. awsome bike so fast.
Lets see a photo. Im a baller on a budget mate

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
If having a carbon frame means I can get away with proper shifters, tyres and drivetrain while still keeping the weight around 9.6kg's then I don't think carbon is over rated! ;-)

Mtb1speed

Likes Dirt
i have the 2013 anthem 0. with full xtr & enve xc wheels 10.2 kg. awsome bike so fast.
I have a 2012 Anthem 0 (alloy - large) running:

Cobalt 11 bars
1x10 with Widgit
ZTR race wheelset setup tubeless
SDG Ibeam saddle and post

She comes in at 10.3kg as well.

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
29er pride

Couple of steezy shots on the bike. First 2 shots were taken for the "Sydneys Premier All-mtn track" edit at Hornsby. The last two were taken at Mt Annan.

Last 2 shots taken by Jeremyshaw.com.au