2013 Giant bikes..

bv500

Likes Bikes
WTF which cave have I been living in!!!!!!!!!! It was only last week when I checked on the Giant site and there were only 2012 there. Woot woot

rotorub

Likes Dirt
The trance 29er tube design looks very un-elegant IMO
No more 26" anthem ??

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
I second both these motions the trance 29er looks cheap and rushed for a frame design. no 26er anthem WTF as well!

rotorub

Likes Dirt
Keep in mind the link shows the American release, not the Australian release.
You maybe right but from what I can note from previous years the Australian release generally have less models than what are released than in the US. see what happens!

dej

Likes Bikes
The welds on the toptube/headtube look kinda messy, or maybe it's just a bad pic?

I rekon the xtc looks alright, interesting seatpost clamp, i wonder how durable it'll be over time

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Second that - can't believe no more 26 inch anthems - bad call I reckon.
I imagine they based this decision on sales from last year. They wouldn't make this decision lightly.

Specialized took the same decision last year. Their 29er far outsold the 26ers leading to the call.

Last edited:

oriion

Likes Dirt
The welds on the toptube/headtube look kinda messy, or maybe it's just a bad pic?

I rekon the xtc looks alright, interesting seatpost clamp, i wonder how durable it'll be over time
Thats not a bad pic, the welder had a bit of a hiccup halfway through his bead, its messy as you say.

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Second that - can't believe no more 26 inch anthems - bad call I reckon.
Have you guys ever ridden a 29er? I was a sceptic until i bombed a few laps of my local, they absolutely fly and are a tonn of fun! They take a few rides to get fully used to the steering and geo but once you get that down they are incredibly fun.

Rider15

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone know what the BB height will be on the new glorys? Giant claims that it is lower than previous models but cant seem to find an definite height anywhere?

Last edited:

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Australian release > GIANT

No Trance 26 or Reign X on the list.
I've seen the official distro list, the trance 26 is on it. I don't know what's going on there. Reign X won't get here though.. :(

A reign 1 is certainly tempting me at the moment.

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
Wow Giant, I have been a convert since getting the 2012 Trance Advanced but your latest range is uninspiring to say the least. Glad I got my Trance when I did but when it comes time to sell it, I won't be looking at another Giant considering their now chosen path. So few models and price points to choose from I can honestly say there is not one MTB in their range I want to own.