XC 2013 Giant TranceX 29 0

pharcyde

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Picked her up last Friday. First impressions are astounding. Very nimble on twisty singletrack. Its my first time on wide 700mm+ bars and cant believe it taken me this long to switch. Combined with the obvious bigger wheel advantage this bike is just a blast to ride. If you get a chance to test one, do not turn it down, you wont be sorry.

Frame
- ALUXX SL-Grade Aluminium, 5" Maestro Suspension Size L
Rear shock - Fox Float CTD Boostvalve now with "fatbastard" volume reducer and new seals installed
Front shock/fork - Fox 32 Float 29 FIT CTD w/ 15QR thru-axle, OverDrive 2, 120mm Travel
Handlebars -RENTHAL FatBars mid rise 780wide
Stem - Giant Contact w/ Titanium hardware, OverDrive 2 70mm
Headset - FSA integrated.
Grips - ESIGrips Chunky Black
Saddle - Fi'zi:k Gobi XM w/ Manganese Rails
Seatpost - Giant Contact Switch w/ Remote, 30.9
Brakes- Shimano Deore XT hydraulic, [F] 180mm, [R] 160mm, now with ICETECH finned pads.
Cranks - Shimano Deore XT, 32T Raceface Single Narrow Wide
Chain - KMC X10
Pedals - Shimano XT Trail
Front derailleur - N/A
Rear derailleur - Shimano Deore XT Shadow
Shifters - Shimano Deore XT, 2x10 Speed
Cassette - Shimano XT 11x36, 10-Speed
Hubs F&R- Giant P-TRX 29er 1 WheelSystem
Rims F&R- Giant P-TRX 29er 1 WheelSystem TL Ready
Spokes - Giant P-TRX 29er 1 WheelSystem Blades
Tyres - Schwalbe Nobby Nic, 29x2.25 TL Ready Evolution Folding, did 1100km on them and changed to Maxxis ARDENT 3C setup tubeless on Stans kits

Total weight - Approx 12kgs without pedals.

IMG_5501-2.jpgIMG_5503-2.jpgIMG_5495-2.jpgIMG_5496-2.jpg

Last edited:

pharcyde

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Upgrade:

1x10 Raceface 32T Single N/W ring
New KMC X10 chain
New XT 11-36 Cassette (factory item is only a HG 11-36, Giant tightasses)

IMG_20131001_224730.jpg

First hill test tomorrow morning.

MTBm8

Likes Bikes
Trance X 29er 0

Nice bike I am interested as to how you find the mods, especially tyre change.
I got mine 3 weeks ago and loving it.
DSC_0210b.jpg

I also did a quick video review of the stock bike and first ride
[video=youtube;SKriIDvK5tA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKriIDvK5tA&feature=share&list=UUpVYj2pCOObmdKzkYJ_6KGA[/video]

pharcyde

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice bike I am interested as to how you find the mods, especially tyre change.

The Schwalbe NNs were really good, lasted approx 1100km of mixed road and dirt use. The Maxxis ARDENTs are another step up in grip. Stable through hard corners and very good on wet tree roots. The do, as expected, not handle MUD that well, but get me through as needed.

Have you setup the NNs, tubeless yet??

XYGTHO

Likes Dirt
Looks great mate, I've done similar mods to mine. Went the 30t raceface NW, carbon bars, and setup the NN's tubeless. Aren't the factory wheels and tyres the XO come with awesome for tubeless! I have a set of Stans race golds now to chuck on for XC race days and the bike with pedals and dropper is under 12kg. Use the factory wheels for everything else. and its still only just over 12kg. I had the rear brake run internal also makes it such a clean bike.

teK--

Eats Squid
I love the artwork on this. It is a perfect mix of the older full alloy/clearcoat finish and the newer painted style.

MTBm8

Likes Bikes
I love the artwork on this. It is a perfect mix of the older full alloy/clearcoat finish and the newer painted style.
Yeah I loved the look of it from day one. Not a great reason to choose a bike but after waiting for 27.5's to come out, seeing that they were not quite what I was after I managed to get one at a good price. The only changes I plan to make over time is tyres as NN's are not best for this area and a new saddle, the Gobi and my bum dont get on.

The 2014 is similar but black and grey instead of white and silver.

Trance_X_29er_0.jpg