2013 rocky mountain vertex 29er alloy version

quiggs

Likes Dirt
It hasn't been officially released yet.

The carbon frame is the same sweet frame as last year although graphics and colours are different, they have changed the spec around a little bit also. The top of the pile carbon Vertex could look similar to next years Element 999 albeit without the rear suspension! then a bit of a step down in spec to the models below.

As far as the Aluminium models goes I didn't really take alot of notice, sorry, but they have expanded the carbon range to spread out the price range to include some cheaper alternatives to their top end. Thing to remember about the RM carbon frames they are all the same spec its just the pain schemes and components that differ from one model to another.

Hope this helps. Drop into Crank'd Cycles in Townsville and see what sneaky info the boys in there have for you as they would have just got home from freezing down here in Melbourne, after attending the Rocky Mountain 2013 product launch earlier in the week!

quiggs

Last edited:

knob scortcher

Likes Dirt
It hasn't been officially released yet.

The carbon frame is the same sweet frame as last year although graphics and colours are different, they have changed the spec around a little bit also. The top of the pile carbon Vertex could look similar to next years Element 999 albeit without the rear suspension! then a bit of a step down in spec to the models below.

As far as the Aluminium models goes I didn't really take alot of notice, sorry, but they have expanded the carbon range to spread out the price range to include some cheaper alternatives to their top end. Thing to remember about the RM carbon frames they are all the same spec its just the pain schemes and components that differ from one model to another.

Hope this helps. Drop into Crank'd Cycles in Townsville and see what sneaky info the boys in there have for you as they would have just got home from freezing down here in Melbourne, after attending the Rocky Mountain 2013 product launch earlier in the week!

quiggs
ive been in contact with crank'd so ill drop in when i can to take a look. just wondering if i could find a picture or something on here instead of trying to get transport across town. That has helped and i thank you very much :)

knob scortcher

Likes Dirt
Just had a look at some spec and pics of these and they look the goods. I will be trying to get one of these bikes in the next couple months.

hilo

Likes Bikes
Mmmm they do--glad to see them in Australia. I grew up in Canada and back in the 80s when I was doing some road riding, I helped out with the MTB side of the shop team I rode for, and Rocky Mountains were the bike to ride then! Reviews on Twentynineinches.com have been been very positive of both the alloy and the carbon bikes. 970 alloy from 2012 I think is a long term test platform of theirs.

Hope they aren't too dear over here as I plan to get one at some point in the future.

quiggs

Likes Dirt
Just had a look at some spec and pics of these and they look the goods. I will be trying to get one of these bikes in the next couple months.
Cool which model did you like the look of? Did the lower specced carbon framed bikes fit your price range?

SuiKiwi

Likes Bikes
Rocky Mountain

They have spec on a carbon bike that almost matches my build spreadsheet that I did up last year. I currently have an Altitude 970 but will almost certainly be moving to an Altitude 770 msl. It's not a 29er but I had 650b on my build sheet before I purchased the Altitude.

knob scortcher

Likes Dirt
its a bit out of my price range. although i might even think about getting a dual suspension Rocky mountain. but then again a hardtail will have better spec than a FS at a similar price.

Last edited: