2013 Santa Cruz Blur TRc

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
New trail bike. It's been called the DHr's XC machine...

Frame - 2013 Santa Cruz Blur TRc - Large
Shock - Fox Float CTD
Fork - Fox Talas 32 120/150
Handlebars - Race Face SIXC Carbon AM 730mm
Stem - Thomson X4 70mm
Headset - Cane Creek w -.5 cup
Grips - ESI Silicon
Saddle - selle italia SLR XP
Seatpost - Thomson Elite
Brakes - XTR Trail
Cranks - Race Face Next SL 38/26
Chain - Sram 1091
Pedals - XTR
Derailleur F - XTR
Derailleur R - XTR Shadow Plus
Shifters F/R - XTR
Cassette - XTR 11-36
Wheelset - Mavic Crossmax ST
Tyres - Geax Saguaro tubeless
Total weight - 10.87kg

Light enough to be quick on the flatter stuff but will come into it's own on more playful and tech terrain. The bike has exceeded my expectations on the first few rides, amazing to ride, quiet, plush, fast and ridiculous to corner. Dropper to come, just waiting for some new product to become available.

Attachments

Last edited:

MB

Intense Australia
People, that's your May BOM right there... That's fricken nice as Wisey, you must be stoked.

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What a bike! That is awesome.
So friggen light, and pretty capable i imagine.

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What a bike! That is awesome.
So friggen light, and pretty capable i imagine.
So far proven to be very capable. Smashed a heap of PR's on Strava, def a quick bike...

Thanks for the positive comments.

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How is it when you get rough with it? Does it handle rougher terrain or techy stuff ok, or do you feel the lack of travel?

DeBloot

Feeling old
i don't like it
in fact i hate it
Only because i'm so envious i'm turning red in the face :mmph:

Seriously, everything from the look, to the spec, to the..well everything is just how I would like it

If I could choose 1 bike to see out my riding life, this would have to be right up there - nice work

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How is it when you get rough with it? Does it handle rougher terrain or techy stuff ok, or do you feel the lack of travel?
I have not ridden it on any properly steep or rough terrain nor out of the 120mm fork setting yet but my feeling is on a 150mm setting with a dropper it will handle it all really well, I'm sure you wont be able to just plough lines, you will need to pick lines but it'll ride like a 6" bike, maybe better. One of the other reasons I was interested in this bike is the ability to drop a 650b wheel in there, maybe in a yr or two I might lash out on a set of Enve hoops for it.

I know I have already crapped on about how fast it is but that is not the placebo in play, the thing is a weapon, on flats, downhills, uphills, tight, open, fast, slow. FWIW, it suits my riding style and what I want from a bike.

tonestar

Likes Bikes
Interested to hear how often you bother with the 150. For my 2013 Blur Alloy build I went with the recommended 130mm Float after passing up an option on a good Talas, partly cos having gone for the alloy frame the Talas seemed like extra weight, but also I've read so many people saying they never end up getting out of he 120mm setting.

I think the 130mm will be the sweet all round for both the carbon and alloy versions.

Still hooking up my rear derailleur option on my build before I can get it out but can't wait, and reading your impressions on the carbon versions is getting me excited.

The whole 650b possibility was a consideration for me as well, as I don't think I'd buy a 650b only bike, but having one bike with the options to run either is great. Especially when a set of ENVE hoops is like buying a second bike!!

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Interested to hear how often you bother with the 150. For my 2013 Blur Alloy build I went with the recommended 130mm Float after passing up an option on a good Talas, partly cos having gone for the alloy frame the Talas seemed like extra weight, but also I've read so many people saying they never end up getting out of he 120mm setting.
I really wanted a bike that I could do some AM/Enduro racing on as well so the Talas was the choice, 130mm not quite enough, I'm not a big fan of the CTD fork personally and obviously weight was not an issue for this build. I'll probably ride it in 120mm 85-90% of the time but when there is a big long fast DH in front of me or an AM/Enduro race, drop the seat and 150 mode at the front and this thing will be very capable, especially with the HA and low BB. I'd change a couple of things to race, different tyres, larger front rotor etc.

Interested to see what weight yours builds up at, looks nice.