2013 Scott Gambler Custom

Sam.

Eats Squid
So here's my new rig... watch out Udi I'm coming for ya BOTM style!

Super stoked on this, it's a fast rig!

Frame - 2013 Gambler 20
Rear shock - DHX RC4
Front shock/fork - BOXXER World Cup
Handlebars - Chromag Fubars OSX
Stem - Holzfeller
Headset - CC Angleset
Grips - ODI TLD
Saddle - SDG I Fly Carbon.
Seatpost - I Beam
Brakes - Sram XX
Cranks - Saint (waiting on a set of 165 XO)
Chainguide - E13 LG1
Chain - Sram 1070 Hollowpin
Pedals - Deity Decoy
Rear derailleur - XO
Rear shifter - XO
Cassette - 1070
Front hub - DT 440
Rear hub - Dt 440
Front rim - 823
Rear rim - 823
Spokes -
Tyres - Continental Der Kaiser Rammstein Protos (super sick tyres!)
Tubes - Tubeless
Total weight - 16.1!
gambler web.jpg
73243_10151281224694548_2101186341_n.jpg

floody

Wheel size expert
Wow! Heaps better looking than in the catalogue pics. Holy snappin' ducksh*t that is freight train long though!

Sam.

Eats Squid
Suspension is sweet, really low leverage ratio with the 10.5 e2e shock so I'm running a 250lb spring (I'm only 70kg). Feels great, and is about as adjustable as you'd want a bike to be. I have it set up on the poppier side of things, but could just as easily set it up plush on a day where you aren't feeling line selection and want to plow a few rocks.

Frame is the Long size, Floody but horizontal top tube is only 55cm so they're actually a really short bike. They're low as hell though, so could be deceptive in the photo.

udi

swiss cheese
So here's my new rig... watch out Udi I'm coming for ya BOTM style!
Nice one, I spent some time riding the very first prototype in Switzerland before it came out, and a day of runs testing the production one in Whistler earlier this year.
They are brilliant bikes and I'd happily ride one.

That said, I think tubeless and the air fork are a let down given the performance of the frame and rest of the componentry. A good coil fork will be a much better match for the rear, and tubes allow lower pressures (reliably) and higher traction. The weight saving on both counts isn't worth it IMO, especially with such a good frame.

Sam.

Eats Squid
wow so nice, how does she feel ? how much ? and where from ?
Initial impressions are great, it feels really dialled and composed at speed. I don't find it to be as rewarding just cruising, however I kind of feel like you have to be pushing it to get the most out of it. RRP on the 20 model is $4500 but this is a custom build I did through work. You can pick one up through your local AvantiPlus or Scott dealer. I don't think there are actually any available until February though, but don't quote me on that as your local store may have taken one of the others in the first shipment.

Nice one, I spent some time riding the very first prototype in Switzerland before it came out, and a day of runs testing the production one in Whistler earlier this year.
They are brilliant bikes and I'd happily ride one.

That said, I think tubeless and the air fork are a let down given the performance of the frame and rest of the componentry. A good coil fork will be a much better match for the rear, and tubes allow lower pressures (reliably) and higher traction. The weight saving on both counts isn't worth it IMO, especially with such a good frame.
Touche right there! Any particular reason you went for the Undead over the Gambler, I'm guessing having ridden both reasonably extensively before purchase?

I've always ridden air forks and we're actually about to get a CCDB air with a Gambler specific tune in for testing at work so it'll be interesting to see how the frame performs air sprung all round.

As for the whole tubeless thing, I'm actually really pleased with how these tyres perform setup tubeless. I recently rode Stromlo and didn't have any issues all day whilst at least one of my friends were flatting each run, I didn't fart any air out and was running 30 psi. Tubeless definitely has it's downfalls but for the majority of my riding it works perfectly. With that said, I run Hillbillys when it's wet and always run them with tubes. Time and a place for everything, I suppose!

Sam.

Eats Squid
I'm working for Flow at the moment doing a bit of product review/testing, release should be some time soon I hear so shouldn't be too far off. I think these are by far the best tyres I've ridden, they wear pretty quickly though which is their only downfall.