2013 Scott Gambler Details

Yarrahappinni

Likes Dirt
Yes the Gambler has "improved" its platform, but has it achieved the net result? If you're going to build something different look at the Zerode, that is an innovative bike not a rehash of a 4 point pivot. Was the old design a failure or is the new platform got something more to offer we haven't seen yet? I hope so it doesn't win the Mr Universe award in my mind, it reminds me of the Mad Professor. But Mr Scott has always been the mad professor so I guess this fits his quiver. Good luck selling them.

DH - Rookie

Likes Bikes
The current Gambler is around 19kg (its actually 18. something). With frame weight reduction alone, it should be around 17.5. And thats not considering any individual component weight reduction. But for once, the Gambler will be light. If it can pedal well (and hopefully thats another thing the linkage can compliment) then that'd be really something of a bike.

met63

Likes Dirt
im confused... they bring out this WC spec bike, and run all the fruit, kashima front and rear suspension, new saint etc etc... then drop a peg and run zee groupset for brakes and shifting?

doesnt make sense on a top level bike...

m2c

brutasauras

Likes Dirt
im confused... they bring out this WC spec bike, and run all the fruit, kashima front and rear suspension, new saint etc etc... then drop a peg and run zee groupset for brakes and shifting?

doesnt make sense on a top level bike...

m2c
Is that based on assumption or experience with zee brakes and shifter?

driftking

Wheel size expert
Not the sexiest bike but I don't mind the linkage.
They have a well thoughtful design so while it might not be pretty to some it probably kills it on the trail and that's all you need, you think they went slack enough? 62 stock wow

The see group set I agree is unusual but at the same time practically how much do you really gain from a good group set on a dh run? I guess though if you are buying one of these you want the best and the drive system should be upto paR too.

Last edited: