2013 vs 2012 Boxxers

asdfben

Likes Bikes
Did a quick search and couldn't find anything but,
What is the real difference between the 2012 and 2013 Boxxer Worldcups? is it just in the looks or is there anything internally different?

asdfben

Likes Bikes
Haven't checked this in a while..

Thanks sidefx thought that was it also..
and indica nice to see you made it past grade 2 :)

asdfben

Likes Bikes
Doubt they'd move away from what they have now, to much effort in manufacturing new seals, tools etc for RS.

asdfben

Likes Bikes
yea pretty sure they do but why would rockshox go to 40? like the 40's obviously... isn't it a bit over kill? someone other than indica enlighten me.

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i think its just tricks being played on your eyes. as the BOXXER logo is fully visible and now smaller on the stanchion. other wise nothing that different. they may have a revised valving. but nothing major

i have totems on my park bike. they are pretty good for that.

driftking

Wheel size expert
I'm fairly sure they still run the same diameter. I don't think they would go thicker, I remember when they brought in the new design over the 32mm they said that they felt this current 35mm was the best of both worlds, I vaguely remember something along the lines of "this offers the best balance between stiffness and flex" but don't quote me on that one.

I think what is more interesting is the fact that many rockshox riders have moved to fox, while I understand there are always money agenda's behind decisions there must be something to be had of the performance, for someone like peaty and syndicate and the big black box riders to move to fox there must be a big reason to do so.
I wonder if we will see hill make the move in the future, That will be a big move, sam has had a big relationship with sram as has peaty, but at some point I think every racer will choose performance over product loyalty, if there is enough to be gained.

I haven't read much on the new fork but the above is what really interests me. I want to know the reasons behind the changes to fox from rockshox, it definitely seems that fox on paper and even now are putting down better and higher results. Fox has come out with some big developments in the last few productions, flipping the internals, new low friction seal and the kashima coating. rockshox hasn't really given us anything major they have just tweaked issues with previous designs. IMO anyway.

I wonder if rockshox have something big in the works under wraps......If not id expect they will need it if they want to keep up with fox, we have already seen fox testing USD and given the positive feed back from riders once they figure out how to combat and get torsional stiffness to where they want it while maintaining their goal weight I think everyone else is in a bit of trouble.

I run rockshox right now but right now my view is FOX > RS

Sorry for my little tangent haha.