2013 #XCM Series

PharLap

Squid
All,

Any word on which events will be part of the XCM series in 2013? Some events that made up the series in 2012 are open for entry but no word on which ones will be part of the series in 2013.

Same 6 events as last year? Wouldn't mind trying to get to all of them next year!

Thanks

Kowalski Brothers

Legends of the Shovel
went to real insurance XCM site and found nothing about 2013 events or dates. Any announcement?
I was told they'd be releasing news on Friday, but I guess Christmas got in the way. Shouldn't be too long now.
In the meantime, look at my new bike... I've got a woody!

IMG_0014.jpg

Marky069

Likes Bikes
XCM no more

Rumour has it that many of the events (Convict, Wombat, Husky, Wollombi and perhaps also Cap Pun) from last year are no longer in the xcm series as it readies itself to become a National series with the inclusion of events in SA, WA & QLD. Seems there will be very little in the new setup for the foot soldiers who are at a stretch to travel to the current crop of xcm events without the need to fly/drive all over the country to compete. Great if you are an elite rider, but I think xcm is a thing of the past for the average rider..

Still, could all be unfounded rumour, it is just what i have heard

bt100

Likes Dirt
Rumour has it that many of the events (Convict, Wombat, Husky, Wollombi and perhaps also Cap Pun) from last year are no longer in the xcm series as it readies itself to become a National series with the inclusion of events in SA, WA & QLD. Seems there will be very little in the new setup for the foot soldiers who are at a stretch to travel to the current crop of xcm events without the need to fly/drive all over the country to compete. Great if you are an elite rider, but I think xcm is a thing of the past for the average rider..

Still, could all be unfounded rumour, it is just what i have heard
I've heard most of the events you mentioned are in. I wish they would just announce something.

top_oz_bloke

Likes Dirt
So I'm sitting here thinking about the events I want to do this year and wondered the same as the OP.

CP web site seems to suggest they are part of the series.

Wollombi web site gives me the impression they aren't.

The others don't give much away.

Anyone heard anything?

Last edited:

NullaTroy

Likes Bikes
Heard nothing and I've been checking the various event sites every couple of days for the last month. Convict and Capital Punishment still mention XCM but pretty sure that's a reference to the 2012. Nothing on the Real Insurance website that I could see....infact I have to say their website content seems very out of date in many spots.

Maybe we should run a sweep to guess which 5-6 races are in for 2013 ?

bt100

Likes Dirt
I have been told from cyclenation it is going ahead and an announcement will be made on the 15th

top_oz_bloke

Likes Dirt
Seems kind of strange that there are three events that could potentially be in the series which have opened for entries (+ another which opens on the 23rd) but as of yet there is no word on what's in or not.

So if you're a punter following the series then I suppose they are expecting you to buy tickets before the events sell out and hope for the best. The elites I expect would be planning their season and prioritising certain events so I imagine they want to know what the go is as well.

XCM series appears to have generated a lot of interest so would seem s shame to kill that off because no-one knows what's going on.

PharLap

Squid
Seems kind of strange that there are three events that could potentially be in the series which have opened for entries (+ another which opens on the 23rd) but as of yet there is no word on what's in or not.

So if you're a punter following the series then I suppose they are expecting you to buy tickets before the events sell out and hope for the best. The elites I expect would be planning their season and prioritising certain events so I imagine they want to know what the go is as well.

XCM series appears to have generated a lot of interest so would seem s shame to kill that off because no-one knows what's going on.
+1

They (the organisers) could capitalise on what seemed like a very successful 2012 #XCM series by getting in an making an announcement early on. I know a number of riders who were really pumped for the 2013 series but are now losing interest.

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
+1

They (the organisers) could capitalise on what seemed like a very successful 2012 #XCM series by getting in an making an announcement early on. I know a number of riders who were really pumped for the 2013 series but are now losing interest.
I agree they are leaving it way too late especially if interstate races are involved. It's not just entries but things like organising finances and time off... my time off for this year is already allocated and pretty much set in stone and not everyone has weekends off from work without a lot of negotiation and planning.