2014 Club MUD King of Ballarat Series...

jcweston351

Likes Dirt
Permits for the 2014 Club M.U.D. King of Ballarat race are finally in so we now have a RACE!

Coota & the crew at Club M.U.D. have been busy re-aligning, repairing & fine tuning the trails up at Black Hill during this summer in
preparation for this years event.

Dates for the 2014 King of Ballarat are as follows...

Round 1. Sunday June 29th Open Cut (with NEW stockade corner)

Round 2. Sunday July 27th Deep Lead (corners)

Round 3. Sunday August 31st Alluvial (rock garden)

As per usual, there will be unofficial FREE practice on the Saturday before each race from 10am after tracks have been bunted. Please be aware that there will be no first aid, marshals or support on Saturday, so take it easy. We also ask that you please respect our neighbors & keep speeds, noise,dust & mud to a minimum, for riders shuttling on Saturday, we request that you pick-up at the bridge crossing at the end of Newman Street. Parking only will be permitted in Whitefield Street, please use the space on the creek side only & do not block driveways etc. We have the full support & co-operation of the Ballarat city council so we really do not want to jeopardize this partnership.

We also have a major sponsor for 2014... Trialsbike.com.au
Trent & Cass were exceptionally generous to the club last year & this year the club decided that we would bring back KOB as a sponsored event & support local business.

We also have support from the City of Ballarat, Ballarat Regional Tourism & Track-X MTB
aparrel.

Schedule for this years event will run as follows...

8.00am Registration & official practice begins.
11.00am Registration closes.
12 noon Practice finishes.
12 noon - 1.00pm break for food & refreshment.
1.00pm riders briefing & marshals to be in position.
1.30pm racing commences 2x timed runs of same track.
once all competitors have finished their runs, track will be closed followed shortly by Presentations.
4.00pm event will be officially over

Cost for this year will be...

Race entry $45 includes 1x race plate
Day License $20
Replacement race plates will be an additional $5 so save yourself some cash & make sure you remove them from your bike before the trip home.

Race classes will be...

A grade
B grade
C grade
D grade
Over 35's
Under 15's. (this will be based upon the rider turning 15 after the event)
Open Women

Points for the event will be calculated using the Victorian State Series points system as this will create a fairer, more level playing field for all competitors.

These events are not possible without the help of Volunteers, if anybody can help us out over the event we will be needing Marshals, Rego &
Timing personnel... so please ask your parents/friends etc.

Anyone seeking Accommodation for the event please visit www.visitballarat.com.au & they will only be too happy help you find a place to stay.

President Club MUD.

Keep updated with KOB & Club M.U.D. info via facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-MUD/79327603515

Attachments

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Will be spectating with glee (with my young lad). Tracks are looking fantastic, Guys.
Awesome work, Cass and Trent. Love the way you support the riding :thumb:

Pending my wife's shifts, I hope to be able to marshal or help out where I can after about noon at each event.

Kingshill

Likes Dirt
Will be spectating with glee (with my young lad). Tracks are looking fantastic, Guys.
Awesome work, Cass and Trent. Love the way you support the riding :thumb:

Pending my wife's shifts, I hope to be able to marshal or help out where I can after about noon at each event.
I'll ride if you ride!

Kingshill

Likes Dirt
Hmmmmmm.... possibly. Do I dare come out of 9 year DH retirement?:spy:
Update please.

I need to know if I am going to Clark Rubber this weekend to buy a foam exoskeleton.

There can only be one King of Ballarat. He lives on a hill.:cheer2:

Kingshill

Likes Dirt
Moorey! i better see you on the sidelines or on the track this year! pretty sure i owe you a beer or 2. or just do the race on my bike, i will probably crash out anyway!
Better add in a steak sandwich too. The alcohol free vegan needs something to make him think straight!

Went down the B lines of open cut & deep lead this arvo. Should be right so long as it's not too wet. What's the chances of it being cold & wet in Ballarat?:horn:

moorey

call me Mia
Just drove past the shuttle van, pouring rain,.. They are indeed brave and dedicated.

They wont come home clean, as long as they just come home in one piece.
They have a better chance of coming home and clean.

Last edited:

stoo

Likes Dirt
Just drove past the shuttle van, pouring rain,.. They are indeed brave and dedicated.

They wont come home clean, as long as they just come home in one piece.
Arse-eyes was pushing everyone to ride this morn, whining about all the lame-arsed pikers who didn't want to go out in that shitty weather.
He showed up to the usual start and nobody else was there, who'da thunk it on such a fine day?