2014 Finish Line Singletrack Mind Series

abevern

Likes Dirt
Why is no one talking about this?

Round 1 at Taree was last weekend (17,18 May).
How awesome was the track?! There was so much flow that I got faster as I fatigued. My 5th lap was my fastest despite riding with a cramp for 1/3rd of the lap.
Weather was perfect, trail preparation was immaculate and organization was typical of Chocolate Foot's high standards.
Also had the opportunity to explore some of the other tails around the event centre. There is a lot if great stuff - including woodwork and skinniest I you're into that sort of stuff. It would definitely be worth the trip up from Sydney for a couple of days exploring trails.

Round 2 is at Mogo (nr. Batemans Bay) incorporating the famous "snake track" on 15 June. It should also be an absolute blast.

Anyone else enjoy Taree?

dolphinman

Likes Dirt
Looks like Mogo is postponed. Was looking forward to it, but not so much strong winds and 20-50mm rain over sat and sunday.
See everyone there on the 20th July - fingers Xed for nice weather.

abevern

Likes Dirt
See everyone there on the 20th July - fingers Xed for nice weather.
Well, so far looks like the finger crossing worked, don't stop now!

Forecast says start will be cold at 3C but topping out around 17C should be very nice indeed.

Super excited about going back to Mogo. It'll be interesting to experience the snake track again without the cramp-induced haze I had last time. At least on the first few laps.

Clyde Dave

Likes Dirt
Mogo

Another great event by the Chocolate Foot crew!
Damn hard track, but great fun nonetheless!
These guys events are hands down the best out there! Best atmosphere and easily the best at catering for all riders, fast or slow.

abevern

Likes Dirt
OMG, what an awesome day! Weather was fantastic, (given it was the middle of winter. ) track was incredible.
Definitely some hard work with a couple of nasty pinches, but capital-WOW on the swoopy down hill bits. Snake Track and "AST" brought face-splitting smiles, every lap.
Agree with reigndave, Chocolate Foot do a fantastic job of organizing a fun event. Seemed everybody from first timers through to elite had a great time.

dolphinman

Likes Dirt
second that - great day. Tracks held up well. Thanks to all that keep those tracks buff - looking at you RS26, and the rest of the club.

abevern

Likes Dirt
Kicking goals on the weather front - another fine sunny day on race day at Awaba.
Wow - that track is rough. I remember describing it as Ourimbah without rocks many years ago. Now it's more like a track constructed entirely from braking bumps and rocks.
Sallad bowl is still fun though. And Camelbak is the antidote. :)