DannyAwesome

Likes Bikes
Frame - Medium Sensor Carbon Pro
Rear shock - Fox Float CTD BV
Front shock/fork - Fox 32 FLOAT 130mm travel
Handlebars - RaceFace Turbine, 740mm Width
Stem - Thomson Elite X4 80mm
Headset - FSA
Grips - Lizard Skin (have got Raceface Half Nelson coming from CRC)
Saddle - Bontrager Evoke Carbon
Seatpost - RockShox Reverb Stealth
Front brake - XT with 180mm icetech rotor
Rear brake - XT with 180mm icetech rotor
Cranks - RaceFace Turbine with 32T NW chainring
Chainguide - Nope
Chain - KMC X10
Pedals - Nukeproof Neutron
Front derailleur - Nope
Rear derailleur - XT Shadow+ Direct Mount
Front shifter - Nope
Rear shifter - XT
Cassette - XT 11-36
Front hub - e*thirteen TRS+
Rear hub - e*thirteen TRS+ (fucking loud)
Front rim - e*thirteen TRS+
Rear rim - e*thirteen TRS+
Spokes - e*13
Nipples - e*13
Tyres - Maxxis Ardent 27.5x2.25
Tubes - Joe's Eco Sealant & Stan's Valves
Total weight - Not sure yet

I've been lusting for one of these since they were released, and I happened to stumble upon this one at Pro-Cycles Caloundra when I was in the area for work one day. One of the shop owners had been riding it and did some nice upgrades (XT brakes, carbon rail saddle and tyres), plus the price was right so I jumped at it.

Since buying it I ditched the triple chainring (don't know what GT were thinking) and installed the single 32T NW ring. This saved over 400g by the time you include the front mech and shifter. I also converted to tubeless and saved another 100+ grams from each wheel.

Because these normally come with Formula brakes the shifter is on a separate mount but I have ordered i-spec adapters from CRC to mount with the brake. I also don't like how the reverb remote has to sit with the XT brakes but there isn't much I can do about that.

Previous ride was a 2011 GT Sensor 1.0 and the difference is amazing. I've only ridden it 3 times but I'm already in love.

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 4.jpg

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Frame - I also don't like how the reverb remote has to sit with the XT brakes but there isn't much I can do about that.
If you get a right hand remote and fit it upside down on the left, between the brake and grip, it tucks nicely under the xt caliper, the hoses even come out running parallel about 20mm apart. Whats another 100 bucks......

DannyAwesome

Likes Bikes
Just weighed it. Tips the scales at 12.4 kg including pedals.

Making any difference to the weight now is probably an expensive exercise but I'm happy with how it is :)

DannyAwesome

Likes Bikes
My I-Spec adapters finally arrived from CRC. I just needed one for the rear shifter but they only come as a pair.

photo 1.jpg

Installed it this morning along with new grips (RaceFace Half Nelson).

photo 2.jpg

I've also managed to get the Reverb remote sitting in a better spot with the brake lever;

photo 4.jpg

jbg

Likes Dirt
Lookin sweet!!
Good to hear you got a good deal on a Pro, pretty amazing weight loss just by going to NW hey
Got to do a build thread on mine but all my spare times spent riding it :) awesome bikes
Yep those e13 hubs are a tad noisy

DannyAwesome

Likes Bikes
Ordered a 150mm Pike from Merlin Cycles and it arrived a week later.

Installed it earlier this week and took it out for a test ride yesterday. The difference over the 130mm Fox 32 is amazing. I was worried it would have a negative impact on the handling but so far it seems better at everything.

10683958_756115027768137_1908911576_n.jpg