omac

Likes Dirt

Specs list:
Frame:
ZESTY AM 27.5'' CARBON / ALLOY SUPREME 6 150mm Rear Travel
Fork:
ROCK SHOX DUEL POSITION PIKE 160MM
Shock absorber:
FOX FLOAT CTD PERFORMANCE BV (ROCK SHOX MONARCH RC3 coming soon)
Headset:
FSA Orbit 1.5E ZS NO.57E TAPERED
Chainguide:
MRP AMG 28-32t max (not fitted yet)
Bottom Bracket:
SRAM GXP PRESS-FIT
Crankset:
SRAM X1 BLACK 32T 175mm
Stem:
RACE FACE TURBINE 60mm (Blue RACE FACE ATLAS 50mm on the way)
Seatpost:
ROCKSHOX REVERB STEALTH TRAVEL: 125mm
Handlebar:
RACE FACE ATLAS STEALTH 740mm
Rear derailleur:
SRAM X0 CARBON BLACK 11 SPEED
Shifters:
SRAM X0 TRIGGER BLACK 11 SPEED
Brakes:
SHIMANO XT with 180MM ICE TECH ROTORS
Saddle:
FIZIK TUNDRA 2 Mg
Wheel:
EASTON VICE XLT 27.5''
Cassette:
SRAM XG 1195 11 SPEED 10-42T
Tires:
REAR: PACESTAR NOBBY NIC TReady 27.5x2.25.
FRONT: TRAILSTAR HANS DAMPF TReady 27.5x2.25.
Grips:
ODI ROGUE with BLUE LOCK RINGS
Pedals:
RACE FACE AEFFECT BLUE
EXTRA INFO:
It only excepts a side load bottle cage with a 600ml max capacity bottle

I picked it up last Friday & unfortunately I'm having Carpel tunnel surgery this Friday, so I only get to ride it for a week & then I have to wait 3 months before my next ride:pout:

Id like to say a Huge THANK YOU to ASH at Yarra Valley Cycles. I couldn't have done it with out his help:thumb:

Last edited:

GDonehue

Likes Dirt
I have heard awesome things about these - it will be hard waiting the three months for the ride report.

omac

Likes Dirt
Cheers for the feed back guys.

Its been a long time in the making, I had to sell my Moto which took almost 1 year, in the mean time I just kept riding my trusty old hard tail.
Iv got a back ground in DH, so in the early days of ALL MOUNTAIN, I just didn't get it, I had a hard tail for trail riding & a DH bike for the nasty stuff on Sundays but now that I'm getting older, I decided its time to get a AM bike. After much debating over different bikes, all my research pointed me to a Zesty & I'm absolutely amazed by the versatility of this bike, when I drop the seat it wants me to ride like a hooligan, when I raise the seat, it can climb with the best of them....Iv never had a bike that can do this. Even though this category of bike is a compromise between DH & XC, due to my back ground, I'm setting it up so its a little more on the DH side of the line, basically its a stock (non Ei) Zesty 727 with Pikes, XT brakes (just a preference) & a Monarch RC3(coming soon).

By the time my hand is good, its going to be Winter, so I might have to invest in some quality lights

Get out & ride as much as you can, the weathers going to be crap in a couple of months:rain: & I can't ride:tsk:

Salival

Likes Bikes
I've got the 2013 Zesty 214. Feel free to drop yours around to my place until you're all healed up.
I'll give you a nice comparison. ;)

I have to say though, that is one good looking bike.

dl79

Likes Dirt
The bike looks so rad mate. Best of luck with your surgery. Like the look of the PIKE you put on it. Catch u in a couple of months. Should have something new for you to shred the zesty on by then.....

omac

Likes Dirt
Back on the Zesty & I'm really settled in with it now but the Monarch shock will have to wait for a while (I don't have a job atm). I had my first stack on it last week due to a Roo at Lystie but other than that its been awesome. It gets its first service next week & the MRP guide will be fitted. A few goodies show up today, a 34t Absolute Black chainring & a E13 guide but I'll only fit these for racing.
Absolute Black chainring and chain guide.jpg
The Chainring looks more like a piece of art work

kicka84

Likes Bikes
Dude that bike is rad. Loving the colour combo and the improvements youve made. I'm a massive fan of Lapierre MTB bikes and I'm froffing on this one.

omac

Likes Dirt
Cheers Kicka

Its without a doubt the best bike Iv ever owned, I just need to ride it more:frusty:

Im just getting back into it (been working to much), so I ordered a new 2015 Monarch plus today & my Zelvy wheel set should turn up any day now.

Here's the update

Frame:
ZESTY AM 27.5'' CARBON / ALLOY 150mm Rear Travel, Size: M.

Shock absorber:
ROCKSHOX MONARCH Plus RC3

Fork:
ROCKSHOX Duel position Pikes 160mm Travel

Headset:
FSA Orbit 1.5 TAPERED

Bottom Bracket:
SRAM GXP PRESS-FIT

Crankset:
SRAM X1 BLACK 175mm, 34T Absolute Black Spiderless Chainring with MRP AM chain guide race Face blue boots

Pedals:
RACE FACE ATLAS Blue

Stem:
RACE FACE ATLAS Blue 50mm

Seatpost:
ROCKSHOX REVERB STEALTH TRAVEL: 125mm with Blue Cromag clamp

Handlebar:
RACE FACE ATLAS STEALTH 740mm with ODI Rouge grips & Blue lock rings

Rear derailleur:
SRAM X0 CARBON BLACK 11 SPEED

Shifters:
SRAM X0 TRIGGER BLACK 11 SPEED

Brakes:
SHIMANO XT with 180mm Ice tech rotors (I have front 203mm for long Mt Buller/Narby decents)

Saddle:
SDG Bel Air Ti-Alloy Rail Saddle

Wheels:
ZELVY CARBON Hookless wheel set (35mm) with Black CHRIS KING Hubs & Light Blue decals.

Cassette:
SRAM XG 1195 11 SPEED 10-42T

Tires:
SCHWALBE Hans Dampf Trailstar EVO SS 27.5 x 2.35 front, MAXXIS Ardent EXO TR 27.5 x 2.4 rear.

Weight:
11.9 Kg in stock form but Iv change a few things, I'd guess high 12s - 13ish

I haven't changed the drive line (not counting the chainring), head set, seat post & bars. I MIGHT get carbon cranks but for now the alloy cranks seem fine & I don't trust carbon bars, never have, never will.

Its currently sitting in the shed waiting for the wheels & shock, so as soon as they're fitted, I'll post some fresh pics & try to get some Ks in before the VICTORIAN GRAVITY ENDURO SERIES kicks off :dance:

Last edited:

Steepy

Likes Dirt
Good choice on going for the Monarch Plus over the Monarch. That thing was screaming out for it with the Pike on the front. A sexy bike indeed.

Do you have any issues with your heels clipping the chainstays?

omac

Likes Dirt
Good choice on going for the Monarch Plus over the Monarch. That thing was screaming out for it with the Pike on the front. A sexy bike indeed.

Do you have any issues with your heels clipping the chainstays?
It did annoy me at first but now I don't even notice it & the wide rear end on this bike is super strong, perfect for my 110 kg carcass

omac

Likes Dirt
Unfortunately the Monarch Plus hits the frame just before bottom out :mmph:
RS Monarch.jpg

So a Cain Creek DB Inline is on order along with some Carbon XO1 cranks

Im loving the angry bees sound of the CK rear hub
Zesty with Zelvys.jpg

duneblazer

Likes Bikes
It's a truly good looking bike! I guess it was a surprise it didn't fit? What a bummer!

Last edited:

omac

Likes Dirt
All finished

Fitted a Cain Creek DB Inline tonite & other recent changes are Renthal Carbon bars - 740wide 30mm rise, carbon XO cranks, Magic mary up front & fitting a rock razor on the rear very as soon as the Hans on the rear is almost dead.

Cain creek db inline.jpg

I'll put up more pics soon

omac

Likes Dirt
...changed your mind?

"& I don't trust carbon bars, never have, never will."
Haha yeah I haven't trusted em for a long time but I swapped bikes with a mate for a practice run at Barjarg & I immediately noticed that it helped my hands...

I guess I'll have to eat my own words :indecisiveness:

The inline shock is a massive improvement over the Fox, its almost like Iv got 29er wheels.

Last edited: