2014 Mondraker Summum's

heavyp

You heard it here first
I love it. Not sold on zero stems though
I had a zero stem on a Cannondale SuperV in 1999 Pretty sure the toptube length was 18inches or something stupid like that, it involved a lot and I mean a lot of very bruised news when gears slipped, chains snapped and from crashing.

Also if you haven't seen already :
Mondraker bikes are now available in Australia through www.flowbikes.com.au

Please contact us for any questions relating to the bikes

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I had a real good look at this range a couple of weeks ago. A little pricey but wow, they are very nice bikes. The zero stem? Yuck, that'd be removed.

DJR

Likes Dirt
I had a real good look at this range a couple of weeks ago. A little pricey but wow, they are very nice bikes. The zero stem? Yuck, that'd be removed.
If you do that, from reading reviews you need to get a size smaller frame as the geometry they are going for is longer top tube and shorter stem. Will feel weird with a normal length stem

antonfourie

Likes Dirt
Mondraker in Australia

The bikes should be much better priced than any other same spec bike available in Australia, currently the spec is not on the www.flowbikes.com.au website but you can look on the mondraker website for the full spec

For example the Summum Pro Team, weighing in a 15.1 kg is only $6999, the same spec bike from one of the other manufactures would be around $9000 - $10000, and if you wanted to get them down to 15.1kg you would be spending around $12000. So that bikes is at a minumum $2000 cheaper than most other bikes and for similar weight $5000 cheaper

wertmewert

Likes Dirt
People need to get onto these bikes... A complete Glory costs $6000 and yet a complete Summum with a better spec (e.g. Float 40's, Formula R0 Brakes etc, Top model Glory has Giant branded parts on it still) comes in at only a grand more and a fair bit lighter.

I ride a 2012 Summum and its the best bike I have owned by a long shot, most noticeable strong points being stable at speed and a nice settled suspension design when things get bumpy. Would love to see how the trail bikes go one day, sure they would not disappoint.

Last edited:

antonfourie

Likes Dirt
Mondraker Summum Pro Team

Our new demo bike, a Mondraker Summum Pro team is due to arrive in 2 weeks time, we will be attending some of the DH races with this bike if people want to demo it.

I the interim you can check out the range at

www.flowbikes.com.au

antonfourie

Likes Dirt
Mondraker Summum Pro Team available to demo

We are going to have a Mondraker Summum Pro Team available to demo at this weekends Rocky Trail GE event at Glenworth, look out for the Mondraker marquee

heavyp

You heard it here first
We are going to have a Mondraker Summum Pro Team available to demo at this weekends Rocky Trail GE event at Glenworth, look out for the Mondraker marquee
^ Ok dude we get it now stop spamming the shit out of everything Mondraker it's not very professional and it puts me off even buying one from you or that website.

antonfourie

Likes Dirt
^ Ok dude we get it now stop spamming the shit out of everything Mondraker it's not very professional and it puts me off even buying one from you or that website.
Not sure I follow you, we are offering a opportunity for people to demo the bikes at a race that is on this weekend here in NSW, how exactly is offering people a chance to demo a bike spamming?

Aussie_Ryder

Likes Dirt
Not sure I follow you, we are offering a opportunity for people to demo the bikes at a race that is on this weekend here in NSW, how exactly is offering people a chance to demo a bike spamming?
Mention it once in a new thread and then move on. Don't drag up every single thread that has ever mentioned Mondrakers. I always saw Mondrakers as a boutique brand but the way you are conducting business makes it all seem desperate and cheap.

antonfourie

Likes Dirt
Mention it once in a new thread and then move on. Don't drag up every single thread that has ever mentioned Mondrakers. I always saw Mondrakers as a boutique brand but the way you are conducting business makes it all seem desperate and cheap.
My apologies I had thought that this thread was about the new 2014 Mondraker Summum's and therefore was just excited to post about them being available to demo.

I don't know that everyone follows all random posts in the general section so thought that being that this was a thread about the bikes it would be a good place to post it as people that may be following this thread might want to demo the bikes that we have available.

antonfourie

Likes Dirt
Exciting news about the 2015 Mondraker Summums

We have just received the official blurb about the new 2015 models, as soon as we are permitted I will post up the new specs and hopefully some pictures.

heavyp

You heard it here first
We have just received the official blurb about the new 2015 models, as soon as we are permitted I will post up the new specs and hopefully some pictures.
Leave already your only just telling us that you have the 2014 models for demo rides and now your telling us you have info and pictures on the 2015 bikes that we have yet to see under the actual Mondraker team riders and when we do it will just be a 27.5 inch bike and still probably not Carbon!!!

Stop trolling for sales. We will see the new bike in the next few days/weeks I'm guessing and it will be for sale in September/October until then..........................................:closed_2:

Last edited: