2014 Orange 322

heavyp

You heard it here first
Only months after saying they were not going to make any DH frames anymore Orange seem to be back we'll have to wait and see. Probably a 27.5 they should call in the Orange 275 or Orange 650 if thats the case

http://www.orangebikes.co.uk/bikes/322_frame/

The review in Dirt (Not that you should believe everything you read in thats mag) of the 332 said it was to long in the making and the geo was not up to date with what most dh frames are running, maybe they listened, I look forward to this one.

If only they could sign a big name and get there bike on the podium again

Last edited:

houli77

Likes Dirt
ha ha,

actually clicked on the link to see if they had changed anything..

can't even get a pick of the frame off the website? well maybe u can but i wasn't going to waste more than 10sec trying..

they just have a pic of the shock spring.. prob the best looking part of the bike!! ha ha

wonder what sound it makes going down a hill ? they prob improved it and made it louder..

heavyp

You heard it here first
wonder what sound it makes going down a hill ? they prob improved it and made it louder..
Aaaawwww poor baby do you want some ear plugs to stop the loud noise ? Or a hug i heard people are giving them away for free

driftking

Wheel size expert
All the geo is there on the site looks pretty decent, long but decent.

Why don't they ever list bb height how we want it lol.
Curious to know of they have done any updates to the bikes suspension design.

B.utters

Likes Dirt
All the geo is there on the site looks pretty decent, long but decent.

Why don't they ever list bb height how we want it lol.
Curious to know of they have done any updates to the bikes suspension design.
I hope they have figured out that straight single pivots are shit and at least thrown a linkage in there to get a decent shock rate. Especially if they are going to keep charging a million $ for a frame.

houli77

Likes Dirt
Aaaawwww poor baby do you want some ear plugs to stop the loud noise ? Or a hug i heard people are giving them away for free
aaaaaawwww poor baby did my dislike of orange dh bikes upset you?

sounds like u need the hugs buddy..

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Only months after saying they were not going to make any DH frames anymore Orange seem to be back we'll have to wait and see. Probably a 27.5 they should call in the Orange 275 or Orange 650 if thats the case

http://www.orangebikes.co.uk/bikes/322_frame/

The review in Dirt (Not that you should believe everything you read in thats mag) of the 332 said it was to long in the making and the geo was not up to date with what most dh frames are running, maybe they listened, I look forward to this one.

If only they could sign a big name and get there bike on the podium again
Am I the only one that notice it was 322 on not 332?

driftking

Wheel size expert
I hope they have figured out that straight single pivots are shit and at least thrown a linkage in there to get a decent shock rate. Especially if they are going to keep charging a million $ for a frame.
Well that link says in the overview.

Our single pivot design with its robust sealed cartridge bearings is tuned to offer race track eating performance with maximum speed and engagement but minimal complication and maintenance, leaving you to worry about your run, not your bike.

By dropping the top shock mount through the downtube and using a low pivot position we’ve been able to achieve the shock curve we desired, giving a progressive spring rate that suits the hard riding the 322 is intended for.

Sounds like a revise of the curve but still the standard single pivot.
I think even will all the haters for single pivot they are still a good design tha has still stood the test. Although I have only ridden linkage driven singles. So can't really comment from a personal point of view.

Last edited:

mtbdh

Likes Bikes
They could changed a bit of the design, look always the same..

but sure its a awesome dh rig..

heavyp

You heard it here first
They could changed a bit of the design, look always the same..

but sure its a awesome dh rig..
Its technically the 1st in the UK but still nothing on the site or facebook, looks as if the there are some front triangles hanging here..................Im guessing a tweak in Geo and maybe some weight saving maybe and 27.5" compatible

There is a price on the site which says £1999 pretty sure they were £2399 when they came out the first time round.

1614162_10151867098791167_716650810_o.jpg

DirtyDingo

Banned
Price: £1999
For frame and shock (fox rc4)

This model looks like a 26' to me...
Hm they might have a another version in 27.5

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
I'm willing to eat some brake jack and cop some noise on the way down for a simple design that doesn't have a gajillion bearings.

I like that they've stuck to their guns and done their own thing:)

driftking

Wheel size expert
That dirt 100 link looks so hot.

I don't agree with the whole "if it ain't broke don't fix thing", it might not be broken but if it can be improved upon go for it, its all well and good when the end results doesn't matter like don't fix the toilet if it ain't broken it does the job, but dh is a game of seconds and milliseconds so you gotta suck them out where you can. It seems that's what they have done improved on an already good design but updated it with the current crop. I like it.

Inb4 "looks like a lapierre"

heavyp

You heard it here first
Totally missed this image floating around in the Dirt site for some reason even thou its not changed I thought this was the older frame.

I also don't agree with the Dirt comments did anyone ever read the review they gave it ? It was not there most positive review and we all know how Dirt love anything British.

I don'y understand why Dirt were allowed to post this on the 26/01/14 and the Orange website is still saying 01/02/14 maybe all we are waiting for is new graphics and they can be seen here
1487859_10151852152581167_2109096443_o.jpg

Last edited: